Hate Rising Raid: minor event adjustment request from the entire community

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tearsin Rain, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

based off these time stamps.... we should be able to get dots to do damage every 3 seconds instead of 6... that would be nice
  2. Cicelee Augur

Last time I checked, melee can use bows and do ranged DPS. Berserkers can throw axes, rogues can throw daggers (and I think they have some disc or something that makes them do critical damage or something, I tend to see rogue throwing spam sometimes), etc.

If people want to AFK for 30 minutes (or whatever time it is for your guild) and raid leaders are acceptable with that, then so be it. But no mechanic in the event states that a melee must AFK for 30 minutes for this event...
  3. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

In all honesty, this would probably break the poor old hobbled server even more than people being able to pull a few mobs. I like the idea though.
  4. Axxius Augur

Lich aura seems to do the more pulses the more players (or pets) get near the lich. I suspect it's not set up correctly. In our first try on beta (after the event stopped insta-crashing) we got the whole raid of unsuspecting players obliterated by the first lich that got to it. I don't know how many pulses it did but suffice to say nobody survived more than 1 sec except the priests whose ToTD fired.

If the devs take a look at that aura and fix it, then 18 liches will be just as fine as 18 shades.
  5. Hatsee Augur

Thanks for the log text, I don't tank them so I don't have one of my own to illustrate the issue.

It's either intended and just an odd mechanic with no explanation which is also bad. Or it's a bug, which is what I'd assume it is because I can't recall anything else like this in past content.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Only if the event chest is changed to only drop Group level gear.
  7. Izcurly Augur

The part of the community who does this event regularly is a fairly small subset of the "entire community".

How much do you bet? I sense a money-making opportunity.
  8. Tearsin Rain Augur

well, when the rest of the game's population gets there, they'll want this change too =P
  9. Axxius Augur

35 guilds, according to EGL. So that's probably about 3500 players. SOE stopped publishing the numbers long time ago, and I hope that 3500 players is still a very small subset. But it's still a lot of people.
  10. Vlerg Augur

and for those who arn't part of one of the 35 guild killing that event... let's sum it up: the liches dont summon. and are rootable; the general idea is to root them in a corner, far away from everyone, and just park them there until everythingelse is dead.

once every other mob are dead , you bring them 1 by 1 until all 18 are dead.

however i'm not sure why liches get soo much hate, but the 120k AE rampage and magic immunities don't.
  11. Axxius Augur

Because it's not really 120k, and not real immunities either? ;)

Galenth is challenging. Kanteer lives whole 3 minutes. The liches present no challenge but simply waste everybody's time.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The challenge of this raid is to actually stay awake.

The landscape of this zone is awful, I'm tired of "cannot see your target" when there is a slight incline and the NPC is the other side of it. It is an indoor zone it shouldn't have these obstructions.
    Perplexed likes this.
  13. Brogett Augur

We still seem split (ie arguing), but whenever people stand still I see the same. If the melee can be on the banshees then they die in 10-20sec with just a few charmed. If people kite then they take forever to die and typically end up still charming people as kiters make a mistake or accidentally run into a lich aura.

Just suck it up and kill fast IMO!

Regarding the liches, 100% agree. For us we start dpsing liches as soon as they spawn, so we're not stacking them up for later, but even so they take 3-4x longer than all the shades and banshees do.
  14. Brogett Augur

You know nothing about the relative power!

Yes sure, I can throw daggers etc. I'm sure my 2k dps will be particularly helpful. An entire raid force of us will just about match a mage or two;-). In other words it's a drop in the ocean and irrelevant to tuning this event.
  15. Momentum Elder

I like the fact that the lich if not properly managed can wipe a raid in short order. However this is just another mechanic that completely cuts melee out of the raid. I like a challenge, but not the kind of challenge that involves trying not to fall asleep at my keyboard.
  16. Phrett Augur

Here's a sneak peak at the first t2 raid for you Cicelee!

[IMG]
    guado and Mintalie like this.
  17. Cicelee Augur

Everyone seems to be saying that liches are supposed to be handled by maybe 9 people in the raid. The other 45 can sit and AFK if they want to for 30-45 minutes while the nine do all the work.

Sorry. I completely disagree with that thought process. The other 45 *can* do something with liches. They just *choose* not to because they feel what they can offer is inadequate and insufficient. Well, I believe they are wrong. Every little bit helps, every damage done to a lich decreases its hp. Whether you do 1300 throwing a dagger during a disc, or casting a 20k undead DD as a cleric, or a 90k DD as a magician...it all adds up.

Essentially if the raid goes well, and liches are handled properly, only three people should be taking damage- each player on aggro from the lich. So if your raid has five clerics, you can have one cleric assigned to HoTT for each lich. The other two can undead DD. Classes that can snare and root do their thing, everyone else can range DPS.

Just because your class cannot do as much range DPS as a necro or wizard does not mean you cannot do range DPS. Not every class can be the best at everything. And last time I checked, 1200 DPS using a bow is more than 0 DPS sitting on your butt AFK, waiting to go up the ramp for next part of event.
  18. Kiillz Augur

its pretty lame honestly for someone here to say people are crying bout a COTF and making said event "easier" by reducing the number of liches. I am sure that all here reading this thread can agree that, as was suggested here, WE ALL pretty much got the idea and its not getting any harder after TEN and its not doing anything further after that other then becoming a time sink and offering us all the chance to watch paint dry. I m fine with the mechanic to give the event something as stated here harder? but again I m sure we can eliminate the OVERKILL mechanic of it without compromising the integrity of the event. Just my 2cp.
  19. Tearsin Rain Augur

not a single piece of what you said here is wrong in a broader sense of philosophy about raiding and raid participation.
    also, not a single piece of what you said here addresses the actual issue raised in the OP and being discussed since then.
    Perplexed and Kiillz like this.
  20. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

This event is definitely in the "mom are we there yet ?" category.
    Perplexed and Kiillz like this.