What happened to Anatomy/Assassinate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mournblade, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Mournblade Lorekeeper

What happened to Anatomy/Assassinate? I'm a 100 level rogue with near maxed out AA and i was in Bloodfields doing the 85 level task in a group and it didn't go off once after 40+ mobs? In the past, it would have a high chance of going off if i'm SoS behind the mob and then do backstab. Now it doesn't even goes off. What happened? That's too much of a nerf for it to not work at all.
  2. Leeanni Elder

It was fixed and now it's actually broken. Worthless...
  3. silku Augur

I don't know from personal experience by last night I grouped with two rogues and did Calling Phantasm in Shard's Landing. It was the fastest it's ever gone. The Priest would get assassinated within a minute or so, and we'd be up to the next shielding group. Worthless is not a word I'd put there, but I think it should be viable on current content (up to level 103 for all three types) and zerkers, rangers, and rogues should be able to hit any mob type.
  4. Georgeo Journeyman

Spent a few hours in SS last night killing all kinds of humanoids and only assassinated 1 or 2 times, sounds pretty useless to me so far...
  5. Tadenea Augur

Muramites are not humanoid body type they have there own body type called Muramite
    Dragorns are sometimes humanoid and sometimes muramite body types
  6. Axxius Augur

This is not a humanoid?
    [IMG]

Wow. Well, then maybe the devs should consider Assassinate/Decapitate/Headshot working on the "muramite" body type?
  7. Sinestra Augur

Yeah, what the devs consider to be humanoid and what is actually humanoid is entirely different.
  8. Tharrg Augur

welcome to RNG.... the Random Number Generator is the bane of all.. Sometimes your on its good side.. other times.. well. yeah..!!
  9. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

This is humanoid (or at least used to be, I didn't check recently)
    [IMG]
  10. Tadenea Augur

correct Kyv are not humanoid been talked about years and years ago when GoD expansion got low enough to be headshotable but mobs are muramite body type, there is even some muramite bane weapons out there
  11. Georgeo Journeyman

By SS I meant sanctum somnium, by humanoids I meant humans, I killed about 200 of them.... 3 procs of assassinate in 2 and a half hours
  12. Dre. Altoholic

I also seem to recall assassinating Kyvs and Nocs in OBF before the changes.

Regardless... the assassination rate from the front arc is now unreasonably low compared to Rangers and Berserkers who see hs/dc rates consistent from multiple angles of attack.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Went to CoB while sitting on a raid tonight, and removed *ALL* of my gear except my weapons... pulled 4 mobs, 2 assassination procs. Without gear and buffs I only have 226 DEX... so something doesn't add up with what you're saying here.
  14. Mournblade Lorekeeper

There's definitely a problem or something is causing a problem with the proc rate of assassinate. Can one of the Dev's have a look at it? It's unreasonable with 22 levels of AA in Anatomy and fighting known humanoids in the light blue level range for it not to or very rarely go off. Isn't it suppose to at the very least go off 2x a minute? Because it's not even doing that currently.