Please reverse the patch...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vobs99, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vobs99 New Member

You have ruined Everquest after 14 years... Please revert the patch.

Who on earth thought it was a good idea to Nerf half the player base just because mages and sks were swarming? Summoning would have been preferable to this massive nerf-fest.

Also, just incase you haven't noticed, the servers are still laggy so you fixed nothing and forced half your players to unsubscribe all in one go. Impressive.
    Petts, Leeanni and duo13 like this.
  2. duo13 Elder

yes
    this nerf sucks for Rogues
    Petts, Leerah, Leeanni and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tarrin Augur

Summoning would have been worse. But I am biased. Just like you.
    moogs, Yinla, Naugrin and 3 others like this.
  4. Sobeit Journeyman

Please refer to my post on the OTHER thread about why I believe there is still lag.
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Vobs99 New Member

I believe there is lag because the servers are underpowered. Instead of investing in eq (the game that made soe money) , they invested it in many failed projects and left the eq servers running on old hardware.
    Ardin, Leerah and Braveheart like this.
  6. duo13 Elder

if I had any sense I'd end billing for real and move on
    I don't like anything with the last patch
    and don't think I have the heart/stomach for the next
    Leeanni and Vobs99 like this.
  7. silku Augur

The problem I see at the moment is not that it hurt end game rogues, they still have knifeplay and already have aas. It's the level 70-99 crowd who are trying to level, who can't always get groups, and now can't assassinate/headshot/decap to get those levels. Yeah, they still assassinate 2 times a minute.. that's not that much of an increase imo. My 78 ranger takes as long now to kill a single mob as he did to clear 10-15 before.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  8. duo13 Elder

Rouges Assassinate wasn't broken
    didn't know of any rogues swarming
    I never did
    I pull 10 mobs good chance I'm dead
    and I'm 100 raid geared with max AA's...
    so why ?
    was it because the other dps would complain about it >?
    We got nerfed why not rogues.... blah blah
    TheQxx, Petts, Ratbo Peep and 3 others like this.
  9. Leeanni Elder

I TOTALLY agree with this post.
    TheQxx, Petts, Ratbo Peep and 2 others like this.
  10. Alekzandre Augur

Sometimes the math does not take all things into consideration, or all things are not in the equation. It can be tough when you change things, and the only way to really see what effect said change has is to patch it to live, even after testing on the Test server.. I know you guys know this, but I am letting you know some of us do too.

We appreciate the attempt to balance out this change in the skills.

May I offer a simple solution?

Up the proc rate on Headshot and Anatomy, along with removing the "Humanoid" restriction.

Based on what I have seen and what others are posting, HS and Assassinate are procing at about 50% of the 2 times per minute average rate you guys posted as the goal. It makes since (in that the skills most likely use similar coding) that they would be experiencing similar rates. Double the result of the coding method for determining the average procs per minute, to get back to the intended rate for the patch. Add another 100% to get to where it needs to be in my opinion, which is about 4 times per minute on average. Make sure this balances with Decapitate.

Decapitate is not restricted to Humanoids. The reason that Headshot and Assassinate were restricted to humans seems to not apply now. Remove the restriction to "Humanoid" types.

This would make Decapitate, Headshot, and Assassinate useful in all occasions (Group or Solo), on and equal basis IMO.

Patch that to Test, see what it does, adjust, Live patch it.

I know, it is not as simple as it sounds, but it is the most simple and balanced fix I would think . Just a suggestion.

Have a great day!
    Draego, Petts, Leeanni and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

He's on to something here...........
    -Rat
    (sounds like what a lot of us were saying)
    Petts, Zurd and Leeanni like this.
  12. Slasher Augur

Rogues do need love :) How about zerkers we have a great burn but we cannot compete in any parse over 150s which is basically every single boss let alone compete in a combined parse.
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

Same went for Ranger HS - swarm pulling was never part of the HS tactic.
    A new prosc to "announced shots" and the "focused" line (that worked on most mobs) would help Ranger melee DPS while leaving HS nerfed as "intended".
    -Rat
    Leerah likes this.
  14. roth Augur

Swarm pulling WAS part of the Ranger HS tactic, stemming from two spells : DoD's Hail of Arrows, and (equally important) TBS's Vinelash Cascade. I don't know how many rangers went and pulled Lost Gnomes and Lost Gnomes Hard for exp, headshotting all those dracnids down, 25+ mobs per pull.

It was not until they nerfed Headshot to only fire on a ranger's currently selected target that massive swarming was eliminated from ranger HS'ing. Yet even after that pulls were still multiple mobs. 4, 5, 6 mob smaller pulls became the norm, as those were easier to control and easy to HS down.

By SoE's apparent definitions, more than one or two mobs in a pull is swarming of some sort or another.
    Leerah likes this.
  15. duo13 Elder

when you are competing with mercs
    nerfs should'nt even be in the picture
    like with Rogues and clerics
    Kaneras, Petts, poto and 1 other person like this.
  16. dwish Augur

End-game rogues are doing pretty well in the DPS department, so im assuming you aren't talking about raiding rogues. Group rogues probably could use a little help.
  17. dwish Augur

These recent nerfs have very little to do with server lag, and everything to do with nerfing any and all pl abilities that allow quick leveling. I won't mention the ultimate reason to mass nerf PLing but you can probably figure it out.
  18. Leerah Augur

End gamers will do all right, no matter what nerf you throw at them. The people they are hurting are the ones who log on for an hour at night, run lessons on 2 alts and log off.
    Kaneras and Sinestra like this.
  19. Stubar Augur

With the level of raids these days, everyone is end game these days. Or so they claim.
    Potawatomi and Loratex like this.
  20. dwish Augur

[quote "Leerah, post: 3055548, member: 25"]End gamers will do all right, no matter what nerf you throw at them. The people they are hurting are the ones who log on for an hour at night, run lessons on 2 alts and log off.[/quote]

Well i thought that was the plan. They ultimately want these type of people to buy their heroic chars, which is why any means of fast leveling was nerfed. If they just give these same people another way to level quickly, then they are defeating the purpose.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.