I thought swarming was ending?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalipto, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Kalipto Augur

I thought today's patch was intended to ease the burden that swarming causes on the server and stop a practice that was never intended. I also thought that in a way this would help the health of the game by giving people a reason to group for xp again. I must have misunderstood. So what was the point of today's patch?

My SK can still pull 30+ mobs in Valley and although I haven't yet tried, I'm guessing I can still pull around 100+ in Grounds.

In addition to still being able to swarm just fine, I'm getting thousands of AA's for free on my alts. This patch is a clusterfudge.
  2. Tearsin Rain Augur

there is 'swarming' and then there is 'swarming'.

killing a bunch of mobs: not a problem
    pulling so many mobs that you make the entire zone and the server its housed on start to seize up, and/or causing a disruption to other players either by decreasing zone performance or monopolizing all the mobs in an area: a problem.

i don't think it was ever intended to stop the former, the intention was to stop the latter.
    Moklianne and Sinestra like this.
  3. Kalipto Augur

I see. Well they haven't stopped either. That's my point. Go pull 100 mobs in The Grounds to find out for sure.
  4. code-zero Augur

Aren't you the same guy who claimed to be getting 3 HS/minute with an undergeared Ranger?

Yeah I thought so
  5. SOE-MOD-04 Augur

Posting this for future reference - please keep our Forum Guidelines in mind when posting.
  6. Leerah Augur

Yes, you can pull them, but can you kill them? :)
    moogs and Garshok like this.
  7. Rolaque Ancient

Ahhh.. the key question is asked.
  8. duo13 Elder

new LFG
    100 Rogue I might or might be able to kill the mobs
    don't hold your breath ....
  9. Sinzz Augur

30 mobs is not a swarm ... that's just a bad pull :) most I ever did was 168 but I know there was sk back in the fort mech days did more sings " glory days" and walks out of conversation.
  10. Forcallen Augur

Bingo
    Dexar, Langya, silku and 2 others like this.
  11. fransisco Augur

rangers only kill one at a time and HS was nerfed. The intent of the patch was to stop mass xping, via swarm or other methods. If SKs can still kill 30 mobs at a time, more nerfs should be coming
    Leerah likes this.
  12. Gnub Journeyman

Except the patch didn't have any component aimed at the later. You can still pull the whole zone even with no intention of killing the mobs. Or you can pull the whole zone and safely kill 12 at time with your beam spell.
  13. Tharzak Elder

I suppose I should be more "constructive" with my posts.
    There wouldn't have been a need for the sweeping changes taking place had the powers that be decided to spend more time patrolling the game instead of the forums.
    Unless of course you buy into the idea that SKs swarming takes away from SOE making the money from selling their lvl85 push button PL.
    Better?
    silku likes this.
  14. maverickx2 New Member

i don't fully understand the point the op had here, please fill me in,, all im seeing is haha soe you didn't get us that bad..
    if that is the message. why?
  15. Sinestra Augur

If that's the message maverickx2, then he/she is doing it against all the nerfed classes, not just SKs.
  16. maverickx2 New Member

I DO BELIEVE THAT WAS THE POINT BECAUSE A FEW THREADS BEFORE THIS ONE THERE IS ONE WHERE THE OP IS SAYING HOW HIS RANGER HAS HARDLY BEEN NERFED AT ALL THE THREAD IS TITLED " HEADSHOT/DECAP YOUR KIDDING RIGHT?"
  17. Falos Augur

The caps lock key is how we all know he is serious and rational.
    Axxius likes this.
  18. maverickx2 New Member

IM WORKING I HAVE TO ENTER IN A BUNCH OF INFO IN CAPS I NEVER TAKE IT OFFWHILE I'M ENTERING . I DONT MEAN ANYTHING BY IT THOUGH
  19. Tearsin Rain Augur

this is me refraining from saying something about how "well god forbid you should take all of less than 1 second out of your busy day browsing the EQ forums to tap a button and follow basic etiquette of our written language" because that would be just rude.
    Rorce and Adanedhel like this.