Share your worst experience in the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Caray, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sure you don't mean CotF? At least RoF had more than 2.5 zones at launch...
    Ronak, Axxius, Loratex and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I'm still trying to figure out the whole point of CotF myself! This is a good thread btw, a lot of stuff in here made me laugh or even mad...especially the wife that left the husband, how do people even do that kind of stuff and sleep at night?
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Stonemites.
    Gingery and Leerah like this.
  4. Marshall Maathers Augur

When I was raiding Elemental Planes back in the day. My raid team tried Coirnav many times. The one night we won, my internet connection went down between beating Coirnav and hailing for the flag.

We needed to get a new modem the next day since I kinda smashed it....

We never killed Coirnav again, and I had to get the backflag in PoTime.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Inktu'ta was one of the best raids of that expansion, imo!

Oh and one other honorable mention...the original ldon raids that had death limits! Can you imagine doing some of the current raids with sub par forces with death limits? Ha.
    guado likes this.
  6. Sharpshooter Lorekeeper

Today. Logging in to find that the nerfs to decapitate were far worse than I expected. I guess having the crappiest firing rate of the three classes to begin with wasn't enough.
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Leerah Augur

During Fableds, around 2009, a group came in to kill the Chardok Prince for an epic. I always have rogues and magicians on Chardok A faction just to help people get around there. I had 3 accounts online when they killed the Fabled Prince, the rogue who opened the door, the magician who cothed them in and the wizard who helped kill him. The rogue and magician account were suspended for 7 days (for not being on agro.) No amounts of complaints or appeals reversed that. I hate that we have no recourse. It feels so helpless.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

... why would not being on agro be an issue?
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I had a day off on patch day.
  10. Leerah Augur

They had a primitive program that said people were 'hiding in the geometry'. I heard tell of a ranger who had weapon shielded and was left alive when Fabled Aerin` Dar died and he was suspended too.
  11. Dre. Altoholic

Pretty much every raid I ever led. 50 DKP minus!
  12. duo13 Elder

I've had my share of the Rude players in this game
    made friends and lost friends etc etc
    the worst for me is wishing that the players would get along and stop making game play worse for others and going out of there way to make that so.
    the worst is that never happened......
    oh and the e-motes on raids
    and my Rogue being Nerfed
  13. Eagleclaww Journeyman

I'll speak on behalf of Vox server: Some wizard (won't mention the name), spent months begging for free power leveling.. and he started when the server launched. 6 weeks later, he was level 60, still begging people for power leveling. I made the mistake of helping him once. The reason I knew he was still begging for PL's months later is because a guildie was complaining about the guy a few months later. ROFL

Took all of 45 min into the PL session for me to disband and put him on my ignore list.
    He's still on my ignore list. No idea if he still plays.
  14. Snowman Augur

Sep 5 - every dam week --- all year long ....
    Kucaniz and Stubar like this.
  15. Stubar Augur

^^^ this a thousand times
  16. Pelrond Elder

Worst experience? Some of the worst were also some of the best. Way back when (I started around kunark, just before or just after. I don't really remember.), I didn't know you could turn up the view distance. Mine was at the default (which at the time was 0). I couldn't see crap. I thought it had the worst graphics ever. Then some one gave me a tarnished scimitar, and I didn't care anymore.

Sometime later (days? weeks?), I discovered there was a road leading away from surefall glade. Being a massive level 5 I decided to follow it. Came to a fork in the road and took the left. Ended up zoning into west karana. I was a druid and back then lions were not amiable to druids. Since I was wandering around blind, I walked right up to a lion and patted it on the butt. I died and since I had no idea where my body was, I lost my tarnished scimitar.

I did go looking for my body though. Went back to WK and wandered around blindly. Found a house. That was a cool feeling. Finding a house way out in the middle of no where. I opened the door and introduced myself to the farmer inside. He was not a farmer, he was a bandit. I died.

I complained about being blind, and someone in chat mentioned how to up the view distance. It was like a new world. I was naked and weaponless. No biggie.
    I made a few coppers and bought some spells. I think I was still 5 or 6 or so. I bought gate. I made my wife watch me gate around. I'd run a little ways and then gate. Run a different direction and then gate. I was beside myself.

While running around I found blackburrow. Actually, I listened to people talk about it. The place was always packed. I decided to go look around. The front was clear so I pushed in a little ways. Found a ledge. Looked over. Fell in.

I freaked. I had a brand new tarnished scimitar and even some leather armor. I just knew I was going to die and never get my body back. I was all, wah wah wah. My wife passed by. "Um, don't you still have that gate spell thingy?"

Worst moment ever. Although she was so amused at my panic that she decided to play too.

Some other times were finding the boat to odus. Finding out you could fall off the boat to Odus. My wife finding out that some waters had sharks and they would eat you (that was hilarious and made me feel better about blackburrow).

Best? Worst? It's a fun game. It's all good. Over a decade later I play with my two sons who weren't even born back then.
    Tyranthin and Vorthax like this.
  17. IDotPeople Augur

Worst experience in the game? Reading the patch notes yesterday.
    Sharpshooter and Loratex like this.
  18. Grundged Lorekeeper

Pretty much whenever this happens: I log in to level my low level characters get to a nice zone to xp in only to find some level 100 one shotting everything in the zone. Then when I try talking to them, they usually ignore me but once in awhile I get the nice gem of a player who insults me.

Happens quite a bit, why i havent been subbing recently.
    Tharrg likes this.
  19. duo13 Elder

sounds like what I will do
    thank god mags can only kill 12 mobs at once
    never been so mad about something in my life
    they can still beam
    while my 100 raid geared rogue can not...
    Vobs99 likes this.
  20. Sobeit Journeyman

Camping days for the Polished Granite Tomahawk and have a rogue pop in and BS it/loot...then it /q. Never did get it :(