Trial Heroic Character

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kromeollie, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Kromeollie New Member

Since I'm stuck at work, could someone explain to me why all 4 of my gold accounts now have 3 new entitlements?

Trial Heroic Character
    Trial Heroic Character Consumable Pack
    Trial Heroic Character IP Check

The suspense is killing me...
  2. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

For the free/paid for characters that are coming with the AA changes. SoE wants a slice of the PA pie, it's a smart business move really.
  3. darkenkal Journeyman

Where do you find this at? In achievements or claims?
  4. Kromeollie New Member

I was actually updating my account at the SOE site. If you go to view your membership details for EQ it shows your expansions owned and rewards to claim. My assumption is there is some way to purchase this at the SC store in game.
  5. Feradach Augur

I remember seeing something about this on some beta forums or something similar. Basically, that information showing up is a mistake. It's got something to do with the Heroic Character offerings that are in the pipeline but not ready for prime time yet, and that info is supposed to be hidden on our profiles.
  6. Connundrum Lorekeeper

Dang, was really hoping to check out the heroic cahracters on test. I am thinking of coming back to EQ on test and getting a boxing group together for when I cant find anyone to group with. The AA change and heroics would bring me back for a long time!
  7. Janakin Augur

Trial Heroic Character IP Check

If they do it like EQ2 it will be one per IP so those with family members playing in the same house can only choose one, unless they play on separate IP addresses. Put your neighbors open network to good use when they introduce them! :b
  8. Nolrog Augur

I was able to claim heroic characters on all 3 of my accounts from the same computer in EQ2 when they were free.
  9. silku Augur

Hrm I don't see them on my account at all...
  10. Slasher Augur

So was I so no idea what hes talking about.
  11. darkenkal Journeyman

Are you talking about EQ2 or EQ1? Cause I did the EQ2 Heroic Character, but I thought this was the EQ1 forums??? I haven't seen anything on getting Heroic Characters in EQ1
  12. Izcurly Augur

I see what the OP is talking about. Hit the Home button up top there, select My Account->View Account Details on top bar, log in if asked, then select the Details button on your account (I'll assume you have a Gold acct as I've no idea if Silver/Free shows that). It's there near the bottom of the list of entitlements.

As for explaining it, you'll likely just have to wait for more official announcements Don't try to connect it to any conspiracy theories until you know some actual facts.

Of course, anything with the word "trial" in it is usually of very little actual value in terms of getting something for nothing. We'll see about that, too.
  13. Kromeollie New Member

Seems very logical. They are not evident in game as of yet, just on my Account entitlements.
  14. darkenkal Journeyman

Yep... I see it now. Can't use it yet though.
  15. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Since there seems to be some confusion, I didn't mean Heroic Characters were coming in the same patch as the AA changes, just that they were coming because of/ after the AA changes took effect sometime. Sorry for the confusion I caused anyone!
  16. Nolrog Augur

They are coming. Devs have said as much (look at the transcript for the last chat, you can find it on eqresrouce.com). They will be here in a few weeks I believe, around the anniversary time.
  17. Janakin Augur

I was able to do 3 or 4 on my IP then the next one would not let me create a Heroic. I changed IPs and was able to do the same and then again it would not let me. That is when I went to the EQ2 forums and saw they were limiting heroic characters to 1 per IP. I guess their tracking system was slow. I then took my laptop and went around town. I was able to get EQ2 heroic chars on 30 of my 32 accounts. (Don't judge me!)

Yeah and all that and I dont play EQ2 :b