Bugs: Traveler Achievements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elizabeta, Feb 12, 2014.

1. ClapClap Elder

No we have some of them from the first zones. Just missing a ton. It's defective.
  2. Tobynn Augur

Dzarn said that zone ID# tracking did not begin until Rain of Fear expansion. Whatever zones you might have visited during the years 1999-2012 were not tracked, regardless of your ancient character flags or your dusty items in the bank.

If you were in a zone within the last 15-ish months, then when the achievements unlocked today you found a backfilled checkmark for that zone.

I finished all requirements today, Journeyman's AA now 5/5, and with the exception of the 3 DoN zones mentioned above, everything updated as expected.
  3. Pirouette Augur

Guild Locals Explorer: Did not grant Palatial Guild Hall Explorer.

Got the individual Palatial Guild Hall Explorer achievement on zone-in. Still missing Grand Guild Hall. Is it possible Palatial Guild Hall is mistakenly flagged as Grand for sake of updating Guild Locals Explorer?
  4. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Has anybody gotten the sub areas for The Buried Sea Islands to update?
  5. Riou EQResource

Those are probably the instances or something of those zones
  6. Tobynn Augur

All of those Buried Sea island optionals are instanced zones. Fetch mission from the relevant NPC, buy a ticket from the dockmaster, and catch the boat.
  7. Stubar Augur

While this post is entertaining, a little research would have revealed to you that zone tracking didn't go live until RoF.

The hack detector was designed to track "faster than normal" zone movements/or zoning from zone to zone very quickly.

While it would be nice if it did go back further, it just wasn't necessary until achievements were introduced.
  8. Malbro Augur

As I mentioned somewhere else, my ranger visited Anguish before RoF came out and he has credit for it, also has his 2.0 which was the reason.

My main has his 2.0 and for some reason SoE claims I haven't been there.
  9. Stubar Augur

What's the time and date on the 2.0 achievement? If it's after RoF you may have a legitimate argument.

Dzarn specifically said on a post that it started tracking after RoF went live...BUUUUTTT, we all know that EQ doesn't have any bugs at all. o_O
  10. savrin Augur

I have been to every single Underfoot zone, but this was long before RoF. For some reason, it did give me achievements for Underfoot even though I was not there since HoT expansion was current. For some reason brells arena I did not have, but all others I did have.

There is something not right about the travellers achievements. I did have the underfoot explorer achievement so why I am missing one I have no idea if it works properly.
  11. Tobynn Augur

Found a broken one. Buried Sea > Exploration > The Open Sea Traveler

[IMG]

I visited all five of the Open Sea instances. The first four updated normally, but no dice on that last one. Appears to be the instance tied to the task "Protect My Ship" given by When Goldspire (Barren Coast).
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

did all these the other night without issue, I did find I had to close the achievement window and reopen it for the achievements to refresh
  13. Tobynn Augur

Aha! Figured it out -- the ship pairings are somewhat randomized.

Captain Zeke, mission "Hired Hands" -- 1st time through it was merchants vs pirates, 2nd time through it was merchants vs. pirates, third time through it was merchants vs. merchants ... and then traveler updated.

I wasn't aware the ship-to-ship combat had any variance. I assumed with five tasks, five quest givers, and five travelers zones to visit that the ship pairings were static, not dynamic.

Noted: With the questgiver's ship static from {merchant, pirate, undead} and the opposing ship being random from {merchant, pirate, undead}, the only pairing missing from the traveler set is pirates vs. pirates. Perhaps they don't wish to fight among themselves when there is ample booty to plunder from merchants/undead.
  14. Malbro Augur

It was well before RoF on my ranger.
  15. Malbro Augur

How does one update the LDoN zones. Is there some way to get the one that does the update?
  16. Stubar Augur

Go to relative zone, get LDoN task, zone in, receive achievement for the related zone, rinse, repeat.

Edit: it is random so be prepared to do it many many times
  17. Agrippa Augur

Maybe my wife and I were unlucky, but the LDoN achievements took us about seven hours. They should really all be optional, like the other expansions, short of the main five zones. Now that we painfully completed them, I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen heh. Also, the back flagging was pretty messed up. While we did have credit for a few, there were a number that we had been to days before and weren't given credit for. I'm also unsure of why the last zone in the Buried Sea is still locked. It's an ancient expansion and all of its zones should have been unlocked by now.
  18. Malbro Augur

Thanks Stubar
  19. ClapClap Elder

Odd that I have checks for zones that I haven't been to in years and that are WAY pre-RoF. Others do too. Also, I'll explain my sarcasm to you since you didn't get it. The ''hack detector'' wasn't properly coded and I don't think that this was either. I have for example, all HoT zones except for Miragul's. I have one LDON zone (I haven't been there in YEARS) but not the others. Trying to make sense out of nonsense isn't going to work. I'll visit the zones again. Whatever. Not like there is much else to do but I don't think that you looked at the facts before posting.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The achievement system could not track instanced zones prior to RoF.

HoT -always- had travelers achievements for static zones. It never had them for instanced zones, this is why you have them for all HoT zones, but not the instanced version of Miraguls.

This is the same reason why people have Underfoot travelers, but not Brell's Arena, because the arena is an instanced zone and couldn't be tracked until RoF.

I've done every zone and outside of the bugged ones in DoN, I have not seen any other mistakes.