returning 95 War

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mobmagnent, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Mobmagnent Journeyman

I really like Hall of Thule expansion lower level kill and turn in quests. But I had a hard time getting into the VOA expansion and level exp seems to be hardly moving. Is there some new zone that will be similar to HoT? I get around 5% level exp per day which seems very slow for hours of.playing and quests. I play my war with a new bard or my old shaman so its 2 players and 2 mercs.
  2. moogs Augur

You'll probably get pretty good level xp from the new daily quests. If you have the new expansions you should get nice xp from heroic adventures and the quests in Shard's Landing. Not sure what your gear looks like but you may find some upgrades in the bazaar.
    Aeonblade likes this.
  3. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

As moogs said, the level 90 daily quests from Franklin Teek in PoK give a nice chunk of experience every day. Also, Valley of Lunnanyn in the VoA expansion is now a level 90 hot zone and would probably be one of the quicker places to go to grind some experience, since one of the dailies each day is located in that zone as well.
  4. Gragas Augur

Level 95? Go to Shards Landing and start doing the merc and partisan tasks for ROF.
  5. Mobmagnent Journeyman

Does anyone have a level 95 and 100 group geared WAR that can explain how they are for DPS and Agro compared to a Merc? Maybe I am doing something wrong but, last night my HotT4 group geared War could not come close to what the other level 95 Merc was doing for agro and the Merc was not using any endurance. I went BAZ shopping and did see some upgrades but nothing that amazing. Is there a link that explains SOE's method for determining Merc power? At least with a Mag pet Agro is no issue, but its embarrassing to be in a group and not be tanking as a WAR as my DPS is even worse when not tanking. The AA abilities that sacrifice healing for DPS don't really add much. I see no apparent benefit in AGRO or DPS to duel wield. A real player of the same level should not loose a fight against a Merc in a group for agro. I can't see any AAs that would change my situation as I have 3,400+. Is Hot T4 that obsolete for a 95 War? I am using Rank 2 level 95 skills and Tomes.
  6. Khaibasis Journeyman

Journeyman V mercs were originally designed as mercs for raiders or elite groupers. Today, everyone has them because it's such old content.

They're not warriors, but "tanks," so they don't have warrior's difficulties with aggro management, nor most of their benefits/abilities.

When you get close to current group gear, which at 95 is VoA/RoF, the average player tank will surpass the J5 tank merc in every way except snap-aggro.