Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. dreama121 Journeyman

People should be grateful they don't have to pay for the free AA's yet.. just like in Eq2 when heroic characters first came out, it was free for 2-3 weeks I believe then it went to SC only..
  2. Kolani Augur

I spent eight months after I was maxxed out on Veil of Alaris AA doing tradeskills and other things to improve my character. If you're looking at AA as the only means of character improvement you're looking at things a little narrowly. The right clicky, even from older content, can be a massive boost to character power at level 100. Personally, a few friends of mine and I went through the Solteris content and got the Circle of Power III clicky. That's a healthy boost to our characters, even though they were maxed out as well.
  3. Tharrg Augur

But whats the difference in gaining the level and getting them... and doing hailing a quest giver to get them? What is the difference. What kind of achievment are you arguing for... Doing it through leveling makes more sense than doing it through some quest. Hey I need your help sir..take this letter over there and when you do here is 4000AA... vs hey you leveled here are some new abilities to use..... Please what is the point of asking for a arguing that the way they are doing it is wrong or not within the spirit of the game. If you are asking for the same thing? Do you not feel like you achieved anything by leveling? Are levels no longer a valid experience to reach for? Do you have to be given everything in a quest to somehow be considered "worked for" .
    Leeroy Jenkins likes this.
  4. TichToch New Member

Are these changes currently in game on both Live and Progression servers?

Edit: I should clarify, I mean the changes to Shadow knights in particular.
  5. Tarrin Augur

I do not embrace gratification from explorer achievements.
  6. wilbunk New Member

So they get 4kAAs and another 4k worth of bonus AA exp? and now that i just hit 4kAA my bonus is all gone and i get NONE of the AAs that these new guys have?
  7. Geroblue Augur

I spend lots of time grinding AAs. I would rather spend game time exploring and trying out new areas. This looks like i"ll be able to do that now.
    Sollas likes this.
  8. Tarrin Augur

There is only 1 "set" of AAs being auto granted. They are being given to anyone that is missing them.
  9. wilbunk New Member

That is not the question
  10. wilbunk New Member

oh really i understand now thank you
  11. Velric Journeyman

I'm opposed to the aa grant, but I knew I would be in the minority from the beginning. All you have to do is ask yourself what was the most successful MMO in the world, and you know the option the majority of people will take.

EQ was different, it was hard, it was a time sink. If you didn't have the time, maybe EQ wasn't the game for you. Not so much anymore. But it's been a good run, I've enjoyed it immensely.
  12. wilbunk New Member

I hope you are right :)
  13. WhatThe New Member

You are about to take a game I have played since 1999 and ruin it. I understand this is a business for you folks and it pays your mortgage but as a patron of your service I have two choices. Either accept the changes in the service you provide me or go elsewhere. So what is next? Level 100 accounts with maxed AA who have not logged into a server over 90 days going to be up for sale?

Adios, Thanks for the fun while it lasted.
  14. Tarrin Augur

Anyone who is missing any AAs from before Underfoot are receiving them. Doesn't matter if the toon is 15 years old, or not created yet.
    wilbunk likes this.
  15. Tarrin Augur

So, judging by your post the auto-grant ruins the game for you.

You are personally able to opt out.

Are you saying that OTHER people receiving a chunk of old AAs for free are ruining the game so much for you, that you must now quit?

Why weren't PLers making you quit?

Sorry, anyone who quits over this in a public display is either looking for attention with an empty threat or was 1/2 gone already and looking for a cheap excuse.
  16. Quilix Elder

Lol ok :rolleyes: - watching weeks worth of high end game play discussing tactics with others etc. does not let me 'experience' pushing the attack button, or pushing the button to cast a spell or trigger a macro you are correct. But I am guessing that they are the same buttons as are used all through the game (ok - might have a different spell associated etc) so I have certainly got a lot of experience of that. But I can not see how not actually pressing the buttons detracts in any way from what I see and understand is happening on the screen. And the only reason my statements are getting to be repeated is in replying to you - shrug.
  17. Mitsune Elder

Welcome. I asked this 50 pages of thread earlier but I saw no official answer yet.

I think exactly this will happen and rogues will hardly ever to assassinate anything (any lvl) solo/molo any more.

Mitsune, Vazaelle
  18. Sollas New Member

There is always the progression server for you and anyone else that feels that this is so gamebreaking. I think I read a dev post at some point stating that this autogranting would not occur on progression server until it reached the current expansion. Problem solved. You can even start over and enjoy all the old content again!
  19. Tharrg Augur

yes because free means money......
  20. Kolani Augur

Take a look at your AA window. If the expansion name next to the AA in question is Underfoot or before, you will get that AA autogranted even if you're over 4000 AA, up to the maximum rank that was available in the Underfoot expansion. If the AA is House of Thule or anything newer, you will not get it. My 100 shaman with 6000 AA will get roughly 1000-1500 AA from the automatic grant, because she has several AA lines (including the innates) that she hasn't touched yet. It doesn't matter if you already have 4000 AA or not like some are suggesting, because you won't get the option to spend these points, they will be automatically spent for everyone in the same manner.
    wilbunk likes this.