Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Geroblue Augur

I'm not a lawyer. I have heard that the not opened envelope isn't always accepted by a court.
  2. poto Elder

And that demography is also the one the 'catch up' will in general be of use to....
  3. Dances Journeyman

Love that idea Brutus
  4. Bomana New Member

So we will not know how many aa's are actually on our char if we opt in to get the given aa's... thats crap... we should be at least be able to see that number.
  5. poto Elder

the unopened envelope is NEVER accepted.
    The dated evidence of ownership however is ALWAYS accepted
  6. Tharrg Augur

Click on AA tab.. Select expansion.. and count.
  7. Metrav Journeyman

Does this mean SOE plans on making Finishing Blow work on mobs up to level 99 as well?
  8. Velric Journeyman

Exactly. Gaining AA's is what keeps me playing. I've never had maxed AA's yet, but I've often wondered if I'll be motivated to keep playing those character's once I do. Right now I'll log on and run missions and farm tradeskill stuff ( high level stuff, like befouled silks and ethernere essence) and the finishing grace is adding a little more character development in the form of AA's.

If you get people completely maxed out that much quicker, what is there left for them to do, other than move on to the next game?
  9. poto Elder

What majority? where did that word come from ? From polling only silver accounts about the AA auto grant maybe?

You can't think of a single way in which catch up (which i personally am not arguing against, nor any i have seen) could have been integrated (with or without $$ benefit to sony) into the game in any more rewarding way?

Can you seriously not see that the 'catch up' auto grant leaves nothing for future updates to tweek or amend in any way without taking an entirely different direction yet again?

The scrapping of leadership AA is a better idea rather than update, modernize, expand, develop the feature leaving the game with the extra layer of character depth it offers?

breadcrumbs ..

you're happy with whats happening? Cool!! really am happy for you.. Walk on mate.
    We have too many item slots on characters, its too much to expect new players to find so many different items. We are removing charms, one ear and finger slot. arms will become part of the chest item... Wont happen?

All augs will become all/all so people dont need to have to ... in fact all augs will be all/all and have the same stats... nah we'll just stop augs dropping and they can be vendor bought off new expansion vendors (in pok next to the banker)

They will make the game as easy to develop and as profitable as they can because they are a company. You're happy for them to take the easy option - fine. A lot of us arn't, we'd like character progression to be part the game not just $$ bought
  10. Goth Augur

cant freaking wait. Ill have a healer with some AA finally

im actually excited about creating some new alts because of this addition.

didnt really mess with alts because i didnt want to grind thousands of AA again to be worth a poop.
  11. dreama121 Journeyman

Gee, that's shocking that a company wants to maximize profit.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm not bothered which way round it is, if they are gifted AA they should not get the achievements for having them.
    Velric likes this.
  13. Pickleweasle Journeyman

One more thing keep in mind. It does not matter if you spent 15 years playing the game or 15 hours. All of everquest belongs to SoE and not to you. Your characters do not belong to you. There is no offline mode that allows you to take it with you. SoE is a business and in order to justify another 15 years or even 15 min of development, they need paying subscriptions. They didn't have to go FTP..but they did. They don't have to make another expansion...but they will.. As long as the cash is flowing..they will keep it rolling. Face it..15 years for a game like this to continue with the investment that still comes in from SoE is a true achievement.
    I don't remember lifting a finger to design the game...but I have paid plenty of cash to continue enjoying it...how about all of you? The changes they are making is for the longevity of the game..not to destroy it and make us play something else. Times change...economy changes..paying customers move on...We cannot force the next generation of players to experience the game we did...it just is not the same game for them as it was/is for us. Accept it and move on...SOE is not trying to destroy EQ....but I know some classes who's actions have had a really negative impact on the game as a whole.

Just remember this....We own our experiences in all of this...SOE owns everything else. If people don't start coming together, there will be no future for the game we love. We need new blood in this game..even if they are just sacrificial lambs to put on the front lines....Some day they will be the vets. If population drops too much, because we have nothing but huge mountains of content and aa's to grind as well as jerks in general chat trolling 24/7...and there is nothing positive or fun to attract them...why bother. If you don't think SOE would shut us down...you better think again and remember..you do not own your toon, gear, exp bar, or your name....it all belongs to SOE and if we can't create a fun game to compete for the players out there...well..we will be joining Vanguard, SWG, and many other games that have been shuttered because the funds could no longer justify the effort.
    Zurd, Sollas, Tharrg and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bloodmoons New Member

I approve all the 153 pages of BS.

Best read sitting on the toilet.

Thanks Blood

Geroblue likes this.
  15. Tharrg Augur

I suggest decaf. But your hypothetical ideas of what is next shows just how much you are only venting. You are angry because you do not want the game to change. Well thats fine you can move to the Mac Server... where it never really changes. I for one want the game to stay relevant and its not going to really hurt anything. This is like the arguments that spring up over the Decreasing Spawn times of all the Rare mobs pre POP... the argument that it damages the game because you feel players deserve to struggle like you once did. That is not how you encourage people to keep playing or to try different things. You cant expect a player to try anything new if the journey to do so is immense and they remember how bad it was the first time. How many players still refuse to box only because they do not want to take the time to level that character. How many returning players come back to find their friends or everyone else so far ahead that they get frustrated and leave...

Leaving things as they were is not the solution. Autogranting the AA's is not some horrible thing that ruins the game. Maybe you are just mad because you got all those AA's and so you dont get anything from this patch. Maybe you sell Plevel services in order to flood the market and manipulate Kronos. Maybe you just hate the game and only here to troll. I dont know but at least understand that when you look for only the bad you will find it... try thinking postivly and try to look at it from the other side. This game is going to be around for a long time. Things are going to change, AA's will come and go and change through time... so will class abilities etc. Just because you have gotten use to the game a certain way does not guarantee that it will always be that way... as long as the company is trying to keep the game relevant. Once they stop you should be happy as they will only do patches here and there to keep it running but will stop updating and making changes because it will be considered a dead game.
    Leeroy Jenkins and Sollas like this.
  16. poto Elder

and yet some players jump up and try rip those of us arguing they give more in return for our $.

There has been zero effort on sony's part to develop the game in any way what so ever to aid new players, aa catch up or whatever you want to call it. No effort at all. The whole idea and development of their 'catch up' plan will have taken one developer, one minute to develop. countless hours defending it but what did they expect?

If you don't care or think its a bad solution then fine! But to argue against those of us who are asking for a game integrated method of catch up just means you must think their auto grant is the best thing they could do for the game with respect the AA mountain. 15 years of game assets and resources and not one part of that is useable to aid AA catch up!!! It doesn't say much for 15 years of EQ if you agree with that!

if it is the best they can do, then i wont be spending my $$ on such amazing game updates
  17. poto Elder

I have less than 4k AA on any main. This grant would probably net me @1-1.5k extra. I would much prefer them quicker than grinding but by earning them as some reward. Even if that took a weekends play to achieve, or a week compared to the next 6months.

There are better ways to implement it... and that is why so many are arguing against it.
    Petts and Leeroy Jenkins like this.
  18. wilbunk New Member

Hi Ive read this almost in its entirety and im having a hard time understand how the AA grant will work on my behalf. OK, I am a 100 warrior with 4100AA assigned at the moment and Ive worked very hard for all of them. So when the AA grant thing goes live do I get some of those free AA's as well to place in the same aa spots that a new guy that has done no work can? or does he get 100% benefit and i loose out 100% because I already have 4kAAs. if i loose out 100% i might be a little disgruntled.
  19. Velric Journeyman

I really just want to be able to change my name to a different color, like gold or something. You know kind of how the role-playing character's have purple names. I don't know why, but I've never been big on title's or even last name's for some reason. I think I have around 30 characters and only a couple of them have last names, I don't think I use titles on any of them.
    Quilix likes this.
  20. Songsa Augur

Simple questions. The 2 procs per min for assassinate is calculated for a rogue in the back or in front? Do you have included massive strikes ranks or not? If the answers are the back and yes on massive strikes the solo/molo rogue will prolly proc once in a blue moon and that is a problem.