Non box, non merc, non heroic char, server.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Oranges, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Langya Augur

Some people hate just because they can.

This thread is stupid.
    Sinestra, Smokezz and Axxius like this.
  2. Axxius Augur

I think it would be hilarious if all the people who want to ban mercs and boxes "for the sake of grouping" (i.e. force others to group with them) were indeed got sent to a server with nobody but themselves. Since there is usually a very good reason nobody wants to group with them, it would be very entertaining to watch them try and group with their own kind. :)
    Demandred, Tinytinker and CaRnon like this.
  3. Tinytinker Augur

I wonder what the OP has against Heroic characters. I thought this was an anti-boxing and anti-merc thread? Oranges, how will Heroic characters ruin grouping for you? I have old friends who quit the game getting excited about the Heroic characters and thinking of coming back. That would mean more people to play with.

Or maybe you don't like Heroic characters, boxing or mercs because they're not "classical" to you? When the TLP servers came out, I remember you making a push for hardcore classic stuff.
  4. CaRnon Augur

Feels like Oranges is anti-everything not Oranges... 8(
    Sinestra likes this.
  5. Mithrandyr Augur

Boxers and orcs killed drakkin mum and dad. It's a rather heroic tale that will soon be told in a made for TV movie.
  6. pk76 Augur

i box 3 and very good at it , even with one computer , one screen and no [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or other program.

since i box , specially since rof with the offline seller , i did over 100 millions plats , bought about 100 kronos in bazaar ( gave some to my friends ) , i pwled about 15 returned player in guild and pretty fast with my " box team ", gave away so many fear touched armors or other " tradable items ""

helped so many with rof and cotf tasks ............. and proud of it , i took several " break " away from EQ ( longest was 8 months ) , specially because i get max xp pretty fast , and was bored to hell.

since i box i never took a break since then , since i always have something to do.
    ~~ btw i am grouping or boxing at about 50 % of the time and enjoy both....

good if you can get a server where mercs or " box " are not allowed , but i won't go there for sure....
  7. Tinytinker Augur

Browsing through the forums, I found one of his old posts.

He seems to hate boxers because:

8. CaRnon Augur

So its pretty much because He/she has a "No one wants to play with me and I refuse to believe that I might be the reason why" attitude and rather blame it on anything else besides themselves..

-C
    Sinestra likes this.
  9. iniari-TR Augur

would never happen due to the fact that more boxers / mercs / heroic chars. means more $$ for soe.
    CaRnon likes this.
  10. Trevor Elder

You can't stop people from multiboxing. IP address? Proxy/vpn. Have the game or launcher prevent multiple copies being run? Literally multibox/prevent it (google mutex).

The only way to stop it would be manually monitoring the game.
  11. Cervelo Journeyman

It's called empty. Not gonna happen.
  12. CaRnon Augur

NM.... im bored of this thread... /wtb a way to just post block OP...
  13. poto Elder

remind them it'll cost them
    $20 at least for the HC
    $18 for the months gold sub x 2 (time the latest content takes to do assuming they even stay gold for 2 months)
    $40 for the latest expansion

and that they get to save $20 the following year because they don't need to rebuy the HC for the 2 months new content.

Of course they can grind more AA for a year i guess, then rejoice at having gained them before they were given away for free anyway!

'Woot we beat the AA counter before it auto dinged!"
  14. Lily Augur

Seems like an ideal solution.
    Oranges, what's your take on this?
  15. Bprumbpee New Member

I'd like to submit an additional non: non defiant gear?
  16. Draego Augur

It would only be popular in your mindset........... start nerf wanding people from being able to play with their spouse and you will see the death of EQ.

Killing off the potential for couples to play together effectively kills off 1/2 of groupability.

Sorry, you are on the loosing end of this argument with this type of logic.

You don't want to play with boxers thats fine, many of them definitely and for very obvious reasons wouldn't want to have you in their group either.
  17. Chikkin Augur

Oranges, I'm late to your discussion as I wrote it off as just another server request that SOE would probably ignore (due to hardware costs)...

..but I'd be intrigued in a server where you couldn't have an alt. I imagine many would find this a horrible idea, but it cuts down (not eliminates) twinks and makes reputation much more important. If you're in that server as "Joebob the Monk" and you hurt your reputation, the only way you're going to wipe it clean is by deleting the character. The server would of course have to have no server transfers for a while which is par for the course, and also the naming service would have to be disabled for this particular server.

I think the novelty would wear off quickly I admit, but I like the concept.
  18. Rainbowdash Augur

A Different Game
    Sinestra, Draego and Dandin like this.
  19. Draego Augur

Un-EQ(uality)
  20. Draego Augur

Never More