When Leader AAs go away...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kaenneth, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

When the change happens remove the caps on how many leader AAs you can have and refund all the leadership AAs to those who had bought the now straight UI leader AAs. This way the people who had been working on them and had bought the UI ones can instead buy the non-UI leadership AAs. If they maxed out their leader AAs, well now they have extra Leader AAs lying around if the Dev's ever decide to up the ranks or add new non-UI related leadership AAs.
  2. EQTrixy Elder

There was an announcement some months ago that these would be given out for free. I stopped exp into it on my raid main. But kept getting it on my 100 SK.

I really wish I would have know it would take this long. I would have grind it out on my raid main also. Just having inspect buffs is very nice.

On raids I always have to /g anyone have LAA?... Then I wait, or ask, to have raid unlocked so I can give someone else the group leader.
  3. Rinerin New Member

The fact you've had the AA over the years wasn't a benefit? I don't see how giving Leader AA to everyone at this point requires a reimbursement to those that gained the AA when they first came out. If anything it helps everyone since people won't be asked to turn over grp leader because they lack the AA.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will the 8 LAA's I have banked be refunded in someway?

I purchased all the ones available years ago, but I still have the max of 8 banked ready for any future ones.
  5. Tobynn Augur

One of the devs stated it was not possible to convert unspent LAA to unspent regular AA. I still do not comprehend how such a thing would be impossible. Sounds more like plain ol' unwillingness to me.

If unspent LAA = 8, then add 8 to the regular AA bank.

Impossible!
  6. Piestro Augur

LAA and regular AA don't use the same numbers. So it would be an arbitrary conversion. It's not something we are interested in doing at this time.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its not something you can do after it has gone away. :p
  8. Tobynn Augur

But they do use the same numbers. 8 is 8. Not suggesting converting the amount of experience represented by one to the amount of experience represented by the other, merely the banked points. We recognize that accumulating 1 LAA requires a far greater amount of experience than accumulating 1 AA.

Fairly certain that the players about to forever lose 8 banked LAA would be interested in a rational point-to-point conversion. While devs may be more interested in inflicting a 100% loss for the sake of convenience, keep in mind those LAAs were accumulated via sacrificing experience -- they didn't simply materialize out of thin air.

A rational something is better than an arbitrary nothing.
  9. Izcurly Augur

Rationally, the only reason to have banked leader AA's left is because there was nothing to spend them on. Can't spend them now, can't spend them in the future. Effectively nothing lost and nothing gained. Not a problem to simply ignore them, and certainly not worth taking dev time away from other things.
  10. Tobynn Augur

Rationally, the only reason to have banked regular AA's left is because there was nothing to spend them on. Can't spend them now, can't spend them in the future.

Before you reply with but there will be more regular AAs to buy in the future ... that's what everyone who banked LAAs years ago also thought.

Effectively everything lost and nothing gained.
  11. Izcurly Augur

Being wrong about the future doesn't mean being entitled now. Still nothing lost, you CHOSE to get those surplus AA's rather than other XP.

And then there's mentoring....every single leader AA on my cleric was mentored from my main. He didn't spend a single point of XP on them.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There have been a few times in the past that their was talk of expanding the leader AA's. Those banked AA's built up in good faith.
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

There's bigger fish to fry.
    Like 4000 AA some people recently earned and might be left hanging with on the other thread.
    This is small potatoes by comparison.
    -Rat
  14. Tobynn Augur

So, if they up and remove banked regular AAs from everyone, that would be ok, since players CHOSE to bank them? Okies.
  15. Izcurly Augur

Now you're trying to manufacture a point by changing the subject from leader AA's. But I'll answer the question anyway, assuming the same circumstances as leader AA's:

If at some point regular AA's were removed as a player-earned mechanism, then I'd have no problem losing useless unspent banked AA's.
  16. Tobynn Augur

I changed context from leader to regular AAs six posts ago. Keep up.