Changes with the February Update: Alternate Ability Grants for Gold Members and Ability Changes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddshaw New Member

Piestro!!!! There's an easy fix on the sk's if yall are reading, It has been said many times..... change the 2.0 or mortal coil and maybe visage with something else..... The riposte change idea just makes us Sk's a plate class monk......
  2. Bornex New Member

I think your not considering the effects new aa abilities and the joy people learn when they actiavate them. Just the other day i was asked about advice on placing aa's for a sk, I of course said run speed 1st as much as you can get, and sk's instant invis as soon as you can get it, as it will be the most used aa ability you will get. He didnt even realize that aa was available.
    A sk without lifetapss off a limited amount of rip sk's will be hampered greatly on tanking ability. many times in group play the puller will pull 3-4 mobs accidently, I'll activate my epic and area taunt up the extras and the group maybe survives. without it most likley wouldnt, The pally he can self heal for that 1st few seconds till cleric can start landing heals on him and draw more argo for doing it, sk has lifetaps. Limit epic riposte to 4 mobs as that would be enough to make it through a hard encounter, dont take all riposte lifetaps from us. You will cripple the sk if you do all riposte.
  3. Slasher Augur

Actually my idea makes it simple.

You grant the AAs as a level achievement and the reward is a glyph with i dont know 500 AAs for every 5 levels starting at 60 ? If you don't want to use it right away you don't have to. This is the best solution for everyone.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you're really going to screw around with assassination (and Headshot/Decap for that matter) like this... then you really need to add to it immediately and NOT a year from now. Don't just rip it up now and forget about it.

(And no, it was not an ability for NO XP mobs originally... it was an innate ability granted at level 60... not even an AA at the time - it was for experience.)
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Precisely. Heck, none of the other classes even swarm. Rogues can pull a train and assassinate it down every.. what, 28 minutes? Hah!

This is, as others have stated, another ploy to try new revenue. They lose money to 3rd party powerleveling sites, and they won't actually acquire new players/subscriptions with this method. There are more high-level people that are already bored of the game wanting one final excuse to shut the EverQuest door for good.
    Terminat likes this.
  6. Songsa Augur

THIS 10000 times. Come back with something fun for us, we deserve some fun too and assassinate was the only fun rogues could have outside groups.
    Harabakc and Fenthen like this.
  7. ieaien_bertox Journeyman

The way I see it is that the AA granting, is ridiculous. Make everybody earn the AAs that the rest of us had to earn. People need to learn to balance their AA experience and their regular experience. The veteran players figured out this balance just fine, so should everybody else.
  8. Slasher Augur

Sorry but I doubt people are paying a lot for AAs. You can get 4k with under 5 days played and that includes getting to 100.
    Valkoth Scourgeblade likes this.
  9. Valkoth Scourgeblade New Member

I agree, I want to know if my almost 3K AAs are going to be wasted or useable later.
  10. Tour Augur

Unless the buff timer expires naturally (or it gets dispelled or such) I don't think it should require any recast at all in normal content. Against one or two mobs hopefully both the damage mitigation buff and the heal proc / stun will remain active for the full duration. But what about more than that? Now, I know the classification of what is and is not a swarm of mobs is debatable - is it 10? 20? 100? But getting more than 2 is very common. Many event mechanics, quests, and heroic adventures spawn multiple mobs at once, all of which need to be tanked. Likewise just normal content can easily end in pulls of many mobs. None of this is swarming.

I just don't want my buff, which already requires frequent recasting as it is due to its short duration ( a trade-off for its ability, understood), to drop unexpectedly during a few mobs.
  11. Piestro Augur

There is much less benefit to doing so. The only practical purpose is intentionally griefing.
  12. Piestro Augur

This has nothing to do with EverQuest Next.
  13. Yuuko New Member

Ok my two cents, jesus, Ranger HS has been nerfed for a long time and now you decide to make it 2 procs a min wtf guys. I mean we can only do it to single target and barrage of arrows can only proc the HS off the target we are on and the cooldown on the archery DD is ridiculous to start now you want to do this wtf... I agree with the mage nerf and zerker nerf ..... but haven't rangers been neutered enough. then this AA thing sounds nice what about all the players playing now that have been doing AAs.. they will get butchered in the process not smart thinking.
  14. Pelamar Lorekeeper

Erm I am sorry Piestro but that is NOT what I asked my post was clearly referring to the heal proc and the stun proc part of it the parts you ARE nerfing no one gives a stuff about the mitigation buff as it is mirrored by several other abilities one of them is protective confessions a paladin spell so why would I care about the mitigation part of a buff someone else can cast on me when I can cast it myself as part of a spell I already pretty much chain cast.

Please answer my post correctly and kindly stop skating over the very valid question I asked. Thank you
  15. Izcurly Augur

Why? Bottom line is I don't respect threats as arguments, especially this threat.
    Most of the people who threaten to leave are:
    (a) subscribed, but bluffing
    (b) not subscribed, so lying as well as bluffing
    (c) not entirely bluffing, but continue to play and resubscribe once their sub runs out
    (d) not bluffing, but come back in a month or two when they can't find anything better
    (e) actually leave for good.
    Add in subcategories for exaggerations about how many gold subscriptions they control.

My personal opinion is that 99% of "I'm going to leave" threats fall under (a)-(d) and have no actual impact in the end. If you really are the (e) type, then seeya. I've been around as long as you have.
    Mintalie likes this.
  16. Piestro Augur

We're strongly considering the opt out, it has technical aspects so isn't something we can easily answer quickly.

The 70-80 range is something we've discussed a number of times internally, but is beyond the scope of this thread.
  17. tatt2ed New Member

In post #660 I mention a "Golden" line similar to the "Veteran" line of AA and I still think that for the AA "granting" it is a MUCH better idea and want to bring if forward since it might have been lost on SOE staff with 75 pages now.
    Something similar to Lessons of the Devoted but for Gold accounts. As I mention it opens up a new line of rewards for SOE as well.
    You would be rewarding NEW and OLD players alike. Come out with something for the maxed out AA Gold members as well. Maybe they get a free merc as long as they are maxed AA. Use your imagination.

Most of all PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME AA I DON'T WANT OR NEED! DON'T FORCIBLY PUT ME IN THE AA RANGE WHERE IT IS 5 TIMES SLOWER TO EARN THE AA I NEED!
  18. code-zero Augur

As I understand it once you reach 51 you'll PING and get the AA's available for that level. You'll have an entire level to find out what, if anything, those AA do for you. The same for all the levels

There's no reason to think that people won't learn their class with that sort of gradual grant of AA. From 51 to 85 you'll have levels. If it averages out at 4000 AA at 85 then that's an average of slightly less than 115 AA granted per level.

Once you reach 85 then comes the task of picking and choosing appropriate AA's for your advancement.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of people who say that they LIKE grinding AA's or want to pick the perfect AA's as they go up.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It's been mentioned in the AA thread that both Subtlety and Twincast should be adjusted so that you have the ability to toggle them on and off. I can only hope the Devs will do so.
  20. greenjacket New Member

Totally agree i solo a lot on my SK he is level 100 with 8k aa with all latent gear plus HA rings neck etc. removing the litch sting reposte(why did i bother to do my epic al;l those years ago) etc that return health will make a huge diff when soling harder mobs in HA and many trash mobs in last 2 expansions.. It will be to hard i think. Also whats the point of having a tank that is well geared with thousands of aa that gets totally outanked by mage/necro pets all the time. SKs will be useless in raids now too. As for giving away AA i just feel let down and cheated in a way. I worked hard to get my SK to 8k in fact its taken me 11years .People got banned for selling characters on Ebay i seem to recall now sony are doing virtually the same thing ..although its being denied i think its all about making more money out of the customers. My SK IS NOW VIRTUALLY USLESS to the guild ..i may as call it a day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.