Permanent illusion aa

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daegun, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Moklianne Augur

I understand your point and agree with you actually.
    I just wanted to mention on these items, that you already have access to them.

DR-while not 100%, you have easy access to 96% through mercs and the loyalty vendor. I always keep a few of these tokens on me actually.

FD - isn't there a potion that anyone can use now for FD?

Ports all over norrath - you have PoK (as a Druid that started playing during Kunark, I grind my teeth every time I think about PoK)

I agree that class defining abilities such as perma-illusions shouldn't be farmed out, but this has happened to every single class over the years. Don't think you are alone or that the other already farmed out class abilities are worth two cents anymore.
  2. Sinestra Augur

When I played another game years ago they had an ability like you speak of Deckerd. It was called Sanctuary and Druids got it. In that game Druids were completely neutral and could only help or hinder players or mobs under very strict circumstances. If they did so outside of those circumstances they lost all of their abilities.

While under Sanctuary, they could go anywhere at any time and no mob would advance upon them. You were free to walk around everywhere with no chance of being attacked as long as you didn't advance on any of them. It was a very interesting and different class, you weren't ever allowed to kill things so you had to quest for all of your experience.
  3. Sebbina Augur

What I don't understand is why a Halfling would want to look like anything else, and having an Ogre Sk to front me and intimidate mobs before we even agro, is always nice. (Sorry my Sk is a gnome, I hate trying to find shrink items.)
  4. Rinerin New Member

I'd be against giving out the ability to zone while illusioned to everyone. Let it stay Enchanter, Rogue, & Bard only. Increasing illusion time is fine.

This has come up multiple times, and the Devs have stated each time it's not going to happen.
  5. Hatsee Augur

They said no to many of the things they have done recently, pragmatism seems to trump ideological nonsense sometimes. So people may as well ask.
    Sinestra likes this.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Curious - Where does 'LOADING PLEASE WAIT' fit into Lore?
    Qest T. Silverclaw and Sinestra like this.
  7. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

We'll revisit this topic when caster pets can tank raid bosses. That includes the enchanter animation pet that you never see.
  8. Sinestra Augur

I think zoning with an illusion is something that should stick. Almost all other buffs last through zoning. I am not necessarily for anyone getting such long timers as Enchanters, Bards, and Rogues.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Falos Augur

The concept of zoning is a technical limitation and a thing of archaic gaming. Obviously EQ code won't really allowed for the game to have zoning removed from it but zoning with illusions staying on is NOT defining to bard/rogue/chanters It was and always was simply a technical limitation.

Basically as it stands right now the game is telling us that we have the power to appear to other people as a happy little gingerbread man, but god help us if we open a door and walk into the next room cause apparently taking 3 steps through a doorway causes our powerful enchantment of illusion to fade with much quickness.

Enchanters / bards / rogues SHOULD have an advantage in illusions over other classes but that illusion should not be based around old outdated technical limitations, EVERYONE should be able to zone and camp out with their illusions on, and in return bards/chanters/rogues could maybe get their persistent illusion AA updated to maybe make it so their illusions persist through death.
    Arcaine, Corlen-Xeg, Reprisal and 2 others like this.
  10. Necromonious Augur

Thing is, if they granted permanent illusions to anyone, with THAT many illusions out there, no one would ever look like themselves anymore. I know my necro/mage pets only look like themselves for the 0.5 seconds it takes me to click my illusion hotkey upon zoning ;)
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Could always stand in PoK all day, nothing counts down there.
  12. Sinestra Augur

Can't really see a downside to that.
  13. Deckerd Smeckerd Augur

So no one would really be missing anything unless they happen to be right there at the zone watching you. It would just save you from having to click the illusion.
  14. Cone head Augur

As a Bard, I would not care, in fact if it helped with player retention I would be for it.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Ah you mean the lore of not being able to zone with illusion/invis/pets because of technical limitations when the game was created?
    Qest T. Silverclaw and Yinla like this.
  16. Explicit Augur

Shh, you'll ruin the immersion of a completely forgettable "one and done" passive AA if you continue to bring up facts.
  17. shiftie Augur

permanent? nope
    across zones ...

This has been debated ad nauseam, they won't budge and chanters, rogues and bards will creep out of the woodwork to claim how it is class defining to cross arbitrary barriers known as zone walls.

Personally I think all buffs should fade on zoning and not cross over except the ones cast by the class to whom the spell belongs. I mean you know because of lore. But more importantly.

Because the internet.
  18. silku Augur

So instead of permanent illusion let's call it persistent illusion? That is it doesn't last forever, but it continues across zones?
    Sinestra likes this.
  19. silku Augur

Now you're just being silly. We don't need both fd, and instant fade. Just instant fade.
    EverChanter, Narye and Sinestra like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That would work, it makes no sense to go somewhere like Sepulcher and move from East - West and Order and lose illusions or HoF and move through the 3 zones, they are essentially the same zone split into 3 parts.
    Sinestra likes this.