CotF Gear Vendors - Please Add All CotF Gear!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Goth Augur

I would like to get this topic spun up here.

I am a big fan of the HAs but noticing one critical downfall, limited gear options. I have been told it was intended this way. I will just have to disagree and think it would be better if all gear is available on the vendor or named within the HAs them self.

I find HAs to be a good option for groups to do things that they all have equal benefit from doing. I find doing missions and static named for the benefit of just 1 person is a little annoying.

I was also a little confused as to why only a few items are on the group vendor but (if im reading raidloot.com correctly) all raid gear is on the raid vendor. Yes its apples and oranges but its the same thing. Which is why i am advocating that all group gear be withing named and or vendors within the HA system.

Having them in the static zones and progression mission is ok but not the only option. Having the gear on the vendor or HA named will not remove the need to kill named or do missions as you will still need to do them if you wish to do the achievements. But you will not force everyone to do something over and over again for the betterment of one person in the group.

Would this actually effect anyone or hurt the game in a negative way? Perhaps less people will be farming named in static zones. If that is the case than that really only shows that people prefer doing the HAs more than sitting on a PH named camp fighting with spawns and the RNG. At any rate those that do enjoy static named farming will still be able to do so.

Overall HAs are cool and a great addition but it needs something more to make it a staple like LDoN was. Granted until HAs get a ranking system for wins and such it will never be LDoN.

Thanks,
    Goth
    Kucaniz and Rorce like this.
  2. Feradach Augur

I know I saw a caster 2HB on the vendor in the TS hall in beta, but it's not on the HA vendor in ETWK now. That's the one piece of gear I was really hoping to see, but that's OK. I'll just hunt to find the named that drops it and camp endlessly. That's EQ, right?
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

Untrue.
  4. Daegun Augur

It would have been nice to see the tank hate mask and warrior specific class weapon on the vendors.

All told, I can't complain. Marks are easy and quick. This will give me something to do after I'm done farming HAs
  5. Goth Augur

No back items on vendor?
  6. Daegun Augur

Back items are a dime a dozen, on both test and Bertox roon/shoon are near permanently up - one caster friendly the other melee friendly. Very easy to get though not 'best' for tanks. Not best, but perfectly functional until you camp the tank specific one.

7. Mytoss Elder

id prefer it the way it is , having to camp something or doing a mission some times to get the drop you want isent bad , not everything should come from HA
  8. Goth Augur

yea killed those guys i did notice they are on a timer and not a PH type named. kinda cool.
  9. Goth Augur

yea would be cool if you could just get the missions without having to do all the other stuff to request them. though im sure doing the other quest wont take me long. =) kinda a pain to drag people along to things they don't care to do. It seems to be always like that for a warrior having to farm specific items (AC augs, War weapon, hate mask, etc.) all the time which have little to no benefit to anyone else.
  10. Goth Augur

seems some classes get vendor gear while other don't. Why not have all these drop on a mission/named and available on the vendor/named in HAs? It seems to me that HAs are the meat, bread and butter, all the hype of CoTF; however you only should do them to you get the gear you want out of them then go back to name farming and mission farming?

I thought the ideas of HAs was to do them over and over sort of like LDoN days. You have created dozens of HAs but only have limited amounts of gear rewards.

If you do not wish to have people farming only one HA then perhaps lock gear behind other HA wins. Back in LDON you had to have a number of wins(currency points) in a particular category to unlock the gear but everything used the same currency. I would guess something like this could be used with HAs.

What is cool about HAs is it allows the entire group to benefit from doing them and it also allow people to get rewards for short incremental play rather than hours of farming to gain one item for one person.

Do any missions other than HAs even give Marks? I dont think they do.

Vendor
    Ethereal Steel Axe - PAL/SK
    Ethereal Scepter - CLR/DRU/SHM
    Disciple's Dragonstaff - MNK 2H
    3 weapons Ethergem Skullmasher - Hate's Bleeder - Flame Etched Halberd (2H)

Mission
    Cerulean Thumper - WAR
    Bloodletting Epee - ROG
    Emerald-Encrusted Club - Casters

Named

Tu'gar, the Eternal Grudge - MNK/BST
  11. Kucaniz Master

It really gotta agree-it would be great if we could get more gear added to the vendor. As mentioned, the disparity between what some classes can get off of it and not others is a bit annoying.

Perhaps an idea for making this less easy would be to have the items not on the vendor unlock after beating the missions/named mobs they're tied to. If you want to keep those options of doing the missions/named preferable in this case, maybe you could put an increase of 10 to 20 percent in price or something along those lines for those items.

Another thought in regards to the rare items like the spec augs and blood coating-maybe you could have these on the vendor as well but, to keep in line with their rarity have the cost over normal items be something like the rare raid items from RoF were in comparison to the base items. If you did that the price for these would work out to be around 4800. A price like that seems more then fair and of course, tying these to completion of the appropriate zones/HAs where they drop as well.
  12. Goth Augur

I have to agree some classes basicly will be able to get a full set of gear and not have any noticalbe depresiation.

Casters for one cant get a primary other than farming a mission Xulous Prime. I was thinking there was going to at least be a 2H weapon on the vendor but that was removed during beta? I have read horror stories about farming the missions and it takes some 20 tries just to get the thing to drop. Not my idea of fun.

Im a warrior and need 2 items locked behind a mission only farm. Hate mask and warrior weapon. Were were able to do the Saving Jacyll 3 times and of course no mask. We keep failing the freaking The Doomscale Horde mission because we need some sort of real healer to sit there and spam heal the commander because he always dies after 2-3 waves of mobs. Should be an easy mission but the damn commander is a puss. Wish he would just stay the hell back and not attack.

I guess ill just have to see if other weapons will work and go without a hate mask.