Monk Epic(s)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Treiln, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Treiln Augur

I was just curious if the Monk 1.0 clickie was worth getting or if its trivial if/when you have max stats? I've skipped the 1.0 on every other character (except my Ranger) and gone straight for the 1.5/2.0. Wondering if this would be the route to go again? My Monk is 65 and just hit 300 AAs earlier today
  2. Koneko Augur

ornate leather gloves have the same effect as the epic if I remember right so you can skip it if you only care about the effect
  3. Riou EQResource

Epic 1.0s are best on like every class cause they have the best weapon look, and once you do An Epic Request, you can put their graphic on any weapon :p.
  4. EQTrixy Elder

I believe all epic 1.0's are worth doing. If only for the epic request you can do to get the ornament.

Now to the Monk epic. I have done this epic on two different monks. Most recent was a few months ago.

I would say it's one of the easiest epics out there. I soloed almost the whole thing at 65 with about 200AA in low end pop gear (no defiant). The final fight I moloed with a J1 cleric merc.

Hardest part is either finding Brother Z or Brother Q up, with the robe on, then killing him for the that robe. OR doing the quest for that robe.

I quested the robe back when epics where current and it took months. This time I went to WK and ran around split paw until I saw Brother Q; killed him, loot robe and I was done. Took longer running there then actually getting the robe.

Both the pipe from KC and the Pipe from Chardok was easy, just long camp. As these zones were empty when I did it, so I had the camps to myself. I got a few AA killing while waiting on spawns. Each pipe took about 4 hours.

Once you have the robe and two pipes you are 90% done.

Now is the epic worth using? if you don't have an item with at least 100hp in your hand slot, sure. The click is nice if you don't have a bard around. It does look cool. And does feel good once you finish it.

Like Koneko said, Gauntlets of Enlightenment has the same click effect.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1940
  5. Treiln Augur

So just to verify though, the clicky is ab over haste making it worthwhile. And I had every intention of going back and doing it just for the epic request because they do look cool :)

Perhaps I'll just go ahead and do the 1.0 first then :)
  6. EQTrixy Elder

Yes click is attack, AC and over haste.

And it does look good. I think all 1.0's look really good.

It's also the only epic that isn't a weapon per say. It's a hand slot item. But it does change your h2h damage/delay ratio with no weapons.
  7. Tharrg Augur

The Monk epic is nice.. but I prefer to get the Whistling Fists as well..
    Sheex likes this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Agreed.

All 6 of those cabilis based series are great, but the monk one is perhaps the best.

1.0's haven't been about anything other than fun for many, many years but are still very much worth doing imo!
  9. Treiln Augur

Well it might be worth getting and keeping amd setting up a macro to fire off the 1.0 every time I use flying kick since it only lasts 18 seconds anyway
  10. Vannie Journeyman

Just so you're clear, monk epic 1.0 is NOT overhaste. It is regular spell haste. Three types of haste: Item haste, Spell haste, and overhaste.
    Naked your haste is 100%.

If the highest haste you have on an item you're wearing is 43% (common later) your haste is now 143%.

Now add the highest spell haste (it doesn't matter if it is from a chanter/shaman buff, an item click or a bard song - only the highest one gets added no matter how many different buff icons you have) and you can MAX your haste at 200%.The epic click buff in question is 40%, so now in our hypothetical we're at 183% (of note: the best shaman haste is 60% bringing anybody with a haste item of 40% or more to the maximum 200%. Bard songs and enchanter spells vary from 65 to 70% - not sure on exact numbers, but they obviously hit the max as well).

The third type of haste is overhaste. It will add to your total but go BEYOND 200%. So let's say you have a bard overhaste song (different from a bard haste song) on you with your hypothetical 183% and the song is 25% overhaste (the best overhaste available). 183+25=208. You are now at 208% haste.

The maximum you can get to is 225%. This requires a haste item of sufficient power plus a haste spell of sufficient power to reach the cap, and then an overhaste song from a bard with a 25% overhaste component. There is one other sources of 25% overhaste, but it's a raid required item that isn't really germane to the discussion.

These are the only three types that add together. Two buffs or clicks or songs from any sources will not add together unless they are different types.

The point of this primer is: monk epic is type two: spell haste.
  11. Treiln Augur

Well shoot if its not overhaste it seems to be a little on the sad side :( haste buffs are readily available and easy to obtain as are haste pots and those all last a lot longer than 18 seconds.

Well looks like I'll be doing it just for an epic request then lol thanks for clarifying that it wasn't over haste Vannie
  12. Tharrg Augur

Yeah.. now the Whistling fists will stack with most haste.. (the haste part will not but the other benefits stack)