Beastlord personal tribute question

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jiggs, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Jiggs Elder

I have a level 100 beast alt with just over 8200 AA and was wondering which personal tributes are best to use for dps and/or defensive purposes.

Thanks in advance for pointers.
  2. Recnarp Augur

I use:

Bulwark of Honor
    Fury of Combat (not sure how this stacks with Primal Fury, but I just assume it does)
    Hero's Deftness
    Second Chance (its nice when this procs, but you could get rid of this for something else)
    Strength of Body (could get rid of this for better stat choices, but its cheap which is why I use it)
  3. Stubar Augur

Eyes of the Hunter
    Fury of Combat (yes it stacks)
    Hero's Deftness
    Juggler's Grace
    Juggler's Grace II
  4. Recnarp Augur

Why do you use Eyes? Isn't the accuracy mod already max'd by gear?
  5. Stubar Augur

Parse and see what you find. You'll be surprised.

I was of course expecting someone to question it as are 99 pct of my posts. I've peaked at just over 200k dps and done 180k over 70 seconds. I must be doing it wrong.

People ask me what I use, I tell them.
  6. skien Journeyman

Cheers Stubar, I also thought Eyes would add no value and have always hoped Fury of combat added to AA so off to Halas I go.

Slight derail:
    I've read several conflicting messages on the value of Triple attack AA "burst of power". Does Recnarp and/or Stubar have an opinion? I'm 14/15 in to it with group gear.
  7. Linora New Member

I've always heard that Burst of Power is an AA drain with little payback, for all classes. I've not bothered getting much of it on any of my chars, 100dps is a figure I've heard before for max rank. That is, going from 0AA in it to max rank is a 100dps boost?!?
  8. Gladare Augur

I don't know about beasts, but rangers gain less than 100 dps going from rank 0 to 20 using RoF raid weapons.
  9. Stubar Augur

Because I've purchased those AA as they've been released, I honestly don't have the figures to justify an accurate parse.

What I can tell you is that beastlord double attack is possibly the lowest in the game (150) and burst of power maxed brings triple attack up to 200.

Flurry will only trigger on a successful check of a successful double attack, then triple attack , and finally a flurry check. The beastlord weapons traditionally having low delay like monks, the burst of power AA helps immeasurably if we get past the initial double attack check. Is it huge dps? I honestly couldn't break it down without spending a ridiculous amount of time in front of a combat dummie and going through the parse with a fine tooth comb. I honestly don't have the time or inclination to do that kind of parsing anymore.

On average solo I flurry 9 times a minute, on raids with a bard 20 times per minute and on a full burn 40 times a minute. That's as far as I'll dig into my parses.

What we really need is more double attack, however I'll take anything that helps me flurry more. So while many don't agree with me, I still feel that burst of power is still worth getting.
  10. Khauruk Augur

The numbers for double and triple can't be compared - the formulas work differently. Beastlords are at maxed double attack between the skill points, Fero focus and AAs.

The formula is (skill + level)/500, which puts you at 50% double attack from the base skill. Add the gain from AAs (16 ranks, 3% per rank iirc). Multiply that by 1.18 for Fero focus. I don't recall whether Fero mods only the skill-based double attack, but it doesn't matter - (50*1.18 + 48) or (98*1.18) are both more than 100%.
  11. Stubar Augur

Wow, I thought I was a parse geek. I pale in comparison to this. Kudos to anyone that can immerse themselves this much into the mechanics. (not meant as a stain)

My reals views??? This game is supposed to do certain things and act a certain way. 13 years of experience tells me otherwise. I stood in front of the parse dummy for weeks upon weeks trying to figure stuff out.

When I first joined RoI I had just come off of a 1.5 year hiatus and there were no other beasts in the guild to help me figure things out. It's no secret that RoI is a dps intensive guild, so I was forced to find the best dps combo. Things I had read on the beast forum worked somewhat (lots did though), however I just found that mechanics of EQ have just been messed around with too much and things that SHOULD work don't and things that SHOULDN'T do (for my style of play anyway). Bottom line, I offer my advice when asked, people don't always agree with me and it may not work with their play style.

Honestly the worst thing that could happen is that they try my advice and if they don't like it or feel someone else line up is better, they can go that route.
  12. Recnarp Augur

It's not that "you're doing it wrong." I only asked because in the past it wouldn't take affect after your 150 accuracy cap. So, maybe accuracy tribute was changed; I'm not sure and that's why I asked.

No one is trying to one up the next person or come off as a know it all. Not only is telling others what to do a good thing, but explaining why it's good is even better. We're just sharing information.
  13. Stubar Augur

Tbh it wasn't directed at you. Historically every time I post something someone chimes in to tell me how wrong I am. Knee jerk reaction to the first response.
  14. skien Journeyman

My apologies to the OP for the derail, but this is good info.
  15. Jiggs Elder

No apologies needed.

I appreciate the pointers and info.

Thanks all.
  16. Khauruk Augur

This is from developer comment years ago, I believe. It was posted on beastlords.org by a couple people when we first got points in double attack (those 25 points were actually gigantic, since it's 25+70/500, not 25/500). There's quite a bit of information out there if you go back, or have a mind like an elephant.

The real parse would be to make sure that the most recent ranks of Bestial Frenzy are 3% and not 1% - I think we are just assuming this unless there was dev confirmation in that beta. And to figure out how the triple attack formula works - I don't believe anybody in the community knows this still, just that it requires *far* more points to have an impact.

Suspicion is good - it finds things like the extra 10% crit rate from necro 2.5 over the 2.0 (the augs stack, which nobody expected) or the errors that rangers found for quiver haste, or monks found for meleeing.

Indeed. Nothing in this game is so important that you can't try something new.
  17. Petts Elder

Thank you both for sharing your knowledge.
  18. RPoo Augur

What trophy tributes do you suggest?
  19. Stubar Augur

Currently using:
    Trophy of the Breeding Grounds
    Trophy of the Landing
    Trophy of the Tree
    Trophy of the Waste
  20. Terroz New Member

Ugh, I wish I hadn't. It's so expensive!
    Romance likes this.