Can we get some crowd pleasers with the COTF#2 xpac?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dragosoni, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Langya Augur

Dream big!
    Tarvas and Sinestra like this.
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I loved Underfoot i think it was tuned perfectly to any ones play style with that "you made the wrong move now you pay for it"
  3. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

if only Heroic Adventures had "hard mode" and you could select everything to be 5 levels higher
    Azzurri likes this.
  4. strongbus Augur

what would be nice is each exp do one of 2 things.

1st have one or two zones are not ment to the faint of heart.
    or
    2nd. they need to take a few of the zones and make 2 versions of them. So that when you zone in to them you get a chose you can have a normal version or a hard version.

And with in these zones have the mobs be so unforgiving and hard that
    A. you need to have raid gear or full gear top end gear form that exp to handle it.
    B. everyone in the group has to be on their toes and know their toon inside and out.
    C. put a few very rare zone wide named only drops in these hard zones. Along the lines of what dropped in naggy and mistmore castle during hardcore time.
    This would take care of the players who don't want to have to work to hard to get their toons geared/aa up and at the same time give the raiders/groupers who want harder content in game some things to do.
  5. alidan Lorekeeper

i am a group player. group content isn't hard, learn to play your class.
    i play with a tank that knows their class, who also uses a healer and kind of knows what they are doing there.

i am able to consistently out dps a merc, he can tank several of the new expansions mobs at once (dead hills, commonly tanks 3 at once, and when we want to do something stupid/fun, takes 7 and lives) all the while healing on the cleric better than a merc can.

every now and than they get tired of boxing or using mercs, so we invite other players, dps and healers, but the vast majority cant even live up to half a merc.

raid players, as long as they are top of their server and are doing the content need to know their class, they may have more hp and more ac so they can live through a mistake a bit easier, but they know how to play their class. and lets also put out this one, one raid guild that was doing underfoot mostly for the lols i went and did it with them for a disc, across everything we did that night, i came out number 1 on the parse with 10 million damage over the next highest dps player. you can have all the raid gear in the world and it wont matter at all if you don't know your class.

tl:dr
    most people are so incompetent that they are less useful than a merc, not everyone but most, and raid geared players can see that, because they are forced to play on their A game all the time. they see that you don't know what you are doing and tell you to learn the class before you complain, and most people mistake that as "i have better gear than you so there for i am your better"
  6. Sinestra Augur

Nope, that's not really it. Good try though.

There is a lot more to it than just this.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Sounds pretty true to me.
  8. alidan Lorekeeper

enlighten me than
  9. hakmer Augur

nope but they darn sure like to try and take everything they can from the group game and then whine about abused they are.
  10. Azzurri Journeyman

this is an early candidate for post of the year
    I'm rolling in tears over here
  11. Edrick Augur

I'm not seeing that happen, sorry
    Reht likes this.
  12. silku Augur

Your tank is either raid geared, or you're a liar. A group geared tank is not gonna tank 7 mobs in Dead Hills without popping every disc and then having luck too. I can see surviving 3 once in a while, but commonly again means he either has raid geared, or you're exaggerating.
    beryon, Perplexed and Xenariel like this.
  13. Tiqou Elder

Sounds a good idea at first but it's not, most spells are level limited like stun or mez. They need to upgrade the mobs without changing their levels.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  14. Silv Augur

And you just destroyed the Enchanter class' usefulness in current content :p However, that is a direct result of the antiquated spell system that only allows crowd control (outside root/snare) for mobs >3 levels over the current cap. This is actually already an issue in game as many of the "harder" parts of some HA have mob clusters Lv. 94+.
  15. Xenariel New Member

Do you also have a bridge you'd like to sell me? I'm a lvl 100 max AA Pally with no piece of gear more than a notch or two away from the best available group gear in the game and I have to unequivocally call BS on this. Can I tank 3? Sure if I pop every disc, every clicky and sacrifice a chicken to Karana. 7? Not a chance man.

I'm a mile from the best pally around, but I can generally molo DH HA's if I'm lucky and don't get a named step. Post a youtube video of your homie tanking 7 (TANKING not tanking one with 3 mezzed and 2 being kited) and my hat will be off to him.
    silku likes this.
  16. Sanh Elder

If it's 7 blues I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility with a slower in group. I can't remember a situation where I tanked 7, but with a shammy I have tanked 5. Adding 2 more would be a tall order for sure, but I think possible. To be sure you'd be disc depleted but from the sounds of it the person that mentioned 7 mobs framed it to mean that it was a rare situation and that the tank wasn't doing it easily or on a regular basis. I'm a group geared pally with 10k AA.
  17. gabbyjackson New Member

move the origin point in CR to the front of the zone and not the back 40
  18. Yesway Augur

Here's the problem, as soon as you make content not everyone can access group wise you'll get backlash from people who want to access it but can't. Unless you are saying that these would be accessible to regular groupers too, then you'll get all sorts of complaints about how it's too hard and it's unfair to tune it for raiders and that the augs should be general and not raid etc. Although I do like your idea myself :)
  19. drkoli Augur

This
    silku likes this.
  20. alidan Lorekeeper

lets not say the class because that could lead to crys for a nerf but yea, popped their stuff, we were seeing how much we could take at once with just the 3 of us and 2dps mercs, turns out we could have pulled 8 or 9, luck has nothing to do with 7, 9 on the other hand, that would be luck driven. all you need to do is learn to play your class and not suck. and no they aren't raid geared, learn your class, use trophy and tribute, and aug your self right. get people who can sustain 21-23kdps and disc for 40+ (im groupd geared dps) and the content isnt a problem. hell, if you got a group together who knows their class, that would be 1 cleric, 1 tank, and 4dps. anyone who wants to call them self a dps needs to do at least 15k consistently, that requires you to know your class, lets just go with a group of me though. for the duration of that pull i was at least 35-50k on every mob and as a group of 4, that would mean you should be pulling at least 140kdps, but you would average at least 170k, all you need to disc for with a group of people who can dps like me would be 74 seconds average, and at worst 90 seconds. a good healer can easily keep you alive through that.

yea it was 7 all at once, where would the fun have been if he had to mez them. hell, he has the parse somewhere, that's really the best we can do, i don't record game play because i don't have the space needed to cap the game. the key to killing all the mobs is dps, its less about tanking long term and more about killing them as fast as you can.