Free Mount, 8 sets of Uber gear & More!!!!! *New Info for those who missed it*

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Qest T. Silverclaw, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

This promotion is only for new (free or paid) accounts that have never logged into a game, or accounts that have not logged into a game for 180 days.

Here's how it works:

https://recruit.soe.com/recruit/smlanding.action?iId=VGTVC8KXWDL5H48KHHQI&gamecode=EQ

You go to the link, EQ is pre-selected, and you put in your account info (Note it's soe.com a.k.a. Sony Online Entertainment, so you can trust them with your account info). Make sure you're logged out of your old account on soe.com if you're making a new one! If you're making a new account, or haven't logged in your old account in 180 days or more you'll get a Free Welcome Package which includes:

[IMG]Armored Battle Shire Saddle

[IMG]8 Consigned Complete Armor Bundles - 8 complete sets of Defiant-equivalent armor (Helm, Chest, Arms, Bracer, Legs, Gloves, and Boots - All the armor you need to level 85.)

[IMG]14 XP potions

[IMG]20-slot Rucksack of the Adventurer

[IMG]Velium Weapon Ornament

You also get for free if you didn't already claim them:

Familiar: Emerald Sokokar which bestows 350hp and 350mana
    Scepter of Draconic Calling which teleports you to Crescent Reach
    10 Potions of Speed (movement speed)
    3 Packages of Defiant Armor (each provides a single piece of appropriate Defiant armor as opposed to the complete bundles which provide 7 pieces each)
    Scabbard of Hope (an appropriate Defiant weapon)
    Book of Knowledge (5 charges of teleport to the Plane of Knowledge)
    20 Bayle Marks (pays for your mercenary for 15 mins each so 2,000pp at level 100)

You'll find all this for free in /claim when you log in if you have not already claimed them previously.

Feel free to make as many free accounts as you like. For instance, I made a bunch in case I want to play alts or if friends want to try the game in the future after the promotion ends,

If you are having trouble, try logging out of the web page and trying again. If that doesn't work, or you have any questions or problems, message me using the Inbox link at the very top of this page.

If you come to the Bertoxxulous Server, I help with epic kills (find it up, and I'll come smush it for you), and J5 mercs.

*New info for those who missed it*

Recently, this popped up in my invitation tracking page:

[IMG]

I believe this to be evidence that a couple folks who mistakenly logged in before following the link managed to get a Customer Service Representative to fix it for them.
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

From the site:

SHARE A CUSTOM LINK.

This link is unique to you and can be posted or emailed as an invitation to your friends. Share this invitation on your Facebook wall, or tweet it. You can also click to copy and paste into your forum .sig.

I'm doing what they suggested. You on the other hand...
  4. Trushott New Member

I just came back to game after 7 years...

I got that 8x sets of gear and thought I had to click each piece to claim only to realize I burned through 6 sets of lowest level armor and only have 2 left

I assume when you claim it must make only what your level will let you wear.... So no 8 sets of armor for me to level 85

Needless to say I'm not happy :( that I didn't understand how it worked grrrr
  5. Newbie Again Journeyman

What's up with the hate? I don't care if Qest gets 1,000,000 recruits, the fact is that he is helping returnees/new players by making sure that they get something extra.

By the way, thanks, I took advantage of this link a couple of times for new toons :)
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  6. YmirAesir New Member

I'm one of the 'friends' that contacted customer support vie email. Characters on two accounts that I created did not have the Welcome Kit claims.

I quote a portion of their reply (and they were very patient to read my long post):

"You created the accounts while we were having some network issues, so they didn't link properly.
    I've manually linked them--check again to see if your claims are there."

What I discovered was that only one character could claim any of of the items described above. I made a second character and no 'Kit Claims' were available.

And what I could claim was just a subset of items: Consigned Armor Bundle, Rucksack, 1 Bottle of Adventure, the horse and the weapon ornament. (Unless there is something I must do to enable the claim for other items.)

I'm not complaining, got plenty to do on my paid accounts. So I just asked CS to close the ticket. Just couldn't resist something free around Christmas!

So be prepared for 'network issues'.

And thanks Qest.

Ymir Aesir.
  7. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

8. Draego Augur

Got to say thanks Q. Hadn't thought of adding it to my signature.

Though I think you may have just given a ton of others reason to do this as well.
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I had someone contact me saying that they logged in before signing up on the linked web site. When they contacted customer service, CS stated that they needed my station name to process it for them.

I am unwilling to give out my station name as that's part of my account security; however, if you contact me via the "Inbox" link at the very top of this page, we can arrange a time when we can both call CS at the same time to resolve the problem and get you your stuff.

If anyone has questions or problems, please feel free to reply to this thread or "Inbox" me and I'll do what I can to help.

The most common problem so far is not logging out of the soe.com web site before switching accounts.
  10. Hedd New Member

Ok I just did this and although I am happy with what they gave me perhaps you should change your original post as you do not get 14 xp pots you get 1.
  11. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Had you already claimed the other 13 previously?
  12. Tharrg Augur

Yeah I added mine to my sig as well... I had never thought about it before
  13. Trakkkkkk Lorekeeper

Thank you SOE for doing this, I discovered this upon returning to this game last week and it has helped a ton leveling up alts. Note that there is a DECENT chance this simply won't work and you won't get the awards, but maybe they fixed that.

To be more specific, I had to make 10 RAF accounts just to get 3 or 4 that actually had the Survival Kit /claim, took me literally 2 hours of logging in and out to check, making new accounts, etc, very frustrating.. Hopefully this was a temporary issue.

Happened to me too lol, i just made a new account
  14. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

The problem occurs when you don't log out of the SOE web site when switching accounts on the same computer.

Again, log out of SOE.com when switching accounts.

I log in just to log out before beginning the process just to be certain. Otherwise, whatever account you're logged into on the forums here can confuse the system.
  15. gaymer93277 New Member

I just signed up. I used to play years and years ago on my cousin's account. I remember the game was fun but hated the running back to your corpse to get your gear and crud like that. Hopefully when I check out the game its changed for the better since then.
  16. Parrel New Member

This is the message I just got. I logged in before seeing this offer. I put in a ticket and got this message in my email from a CSR:
    Greetings,

We could look into that for you, but you would need to tell us the account that recruited you (or have them put in a ticket.)

We'll need to check the status of the invite.

I came back to a naked char in the 50's and this would help alot to continue on it.
    Anyone that wants a recruit reward that can help, please let me know. Thanks
  17. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

You need to contact the person whose link you tried to use. If you used the link in this thread, that's me. Check your Inbox at the very top of this page after logging in and I'll send you a message there.

To anyone having trouble with this process, please let me know!
  18. Maxy New Member

19. drkoli Augur

Qest,

don't let the haters get to you. ive used your recruit link 5 or 6 times now. and honestly I really appreciate how vocal and helpful you have been to the new and returning players. and im sure all the new and returning players appreciate the help you provide aswell
  20. Kimela Elder

I went to the link you posted, and signed up. But it wants me to download the game, when I already have. Does this mean I don't qualify?