Pre-nerf Circlet of Shadow...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Trushott, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Trushott New Member

I have not played since around 2007 .... But my level 70 necro has a pre-nerf CoS and I want to level up a SK and play EQ while waiting on landmark and next....

I've not logged in yet to make my SK but is the pre-nerf CoS still worthwhile before a activate my other account to get it off my necro?

I read that all items I would have had that long ago are all worthless in today's game
  2. Xenariel New Member

The coin you'd make off selling that CoS would probably be enough to gear and level that SK up nicely. The item itself isn't game changing, but there are always collectors out there on the hunt for them.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

You're simply suggesting moving your CoS from one toon to another but I wouldn't give mine up for any amount of plat.
    There are many that would argue against its usefulness but that's typically from people that don't have one.
    Sinestra likes this.
  4. Tobynn Augur

I still carry the CoS in my necro's bag. Really don't use it at all. Necro's get an AA invis that is quite similar -- the CoS has no recast refresh time, while the AA does. However, the AA refresh is fast enough that the CoS is rarely of any situational benefit.

CoS is usable long before your high enough level to buy the AA invis, so at lower levels its $$$.

Someone would likely part with way too much coin were you to sell it. I would not part with either of mine for any amount. They are forever mine.
  5. Trushott New Member

Okay I'll prolly keep it then and stick on my new SK. ... And try to relearn EQ :p
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I thought about selling me but ill probably keep it forever
  7. Evilash Journeyman

SKs can click the CoS at level 20, they dont get self invis till level 30.... CoS = win
  8. Koneko Augur

if I understand the message you said you don't need to activate your old account to get the item just log into it you don't need to sub if your just wanting to get the one item off the old account
  9. Xirtket Augur

Hold onto it.
  10. Hando New Member

Hi

I actually just returned to EQ after about 10 years and have 2 of these I would like to sell to fund gearing a new character, anyone know what I can expect to sell them for? I am on Antonius Bayle server.
  11. Sebbina Augur

Since old accounts are silver, all you need to do is log in, find what server it is on after all the merges and then you can trade over any gear/plat that is not no trade (assuming you remember the account name and password). Also assuming you decide to play on the same server as your necro, which might be handy a level 70 necro would be a powerful ally to a runty SK, being able to provide some PL, if you can handle both accounts on your comp. The formula is level of lowest, + 1/2 level + 1, as in 46 + 23 + 1= 70, any 0.5 are dropped as the +1 covers that.
  12. Tearsin Rain Augur

also of consideration: the CoS has a very slightly faster reaction time between being clicked and the invis kicking in. i have always assumed this has something to do with how the game processes AA activation vs. item clicking... oddly, there is also a slight reaction delay between clicking it from inside a bag and from a primary inventory slot.

this is only important if you're utilizing mob reaction coding to use invis to do some sneaky pulling stuff, but it's a thing that exists, so...
  13. Cone head Augur

I would hold on to it for a while, at least till the high 80's. Throw a sub and put it up in barter for like 8 to 12 krono, ATM Krono are in trader for over 500kpp ea on Povar.

In case you did not know, Krono is a token that gives you 30 days gold status, the same as if you paid for a 30 day membership.
  14. Hando New Member

I know what a krono is but what do you mean by throw a sub and put up in barter
  15. Mithrandyr Augur

Buy a subscription (gold) so you can use the barter function. Free and silver accounts (automatic if you've had a gold sub) are not allowed to set up a buying/selling trader in the bazaar.
  16. Hando New Member

Oh okay.
    I already upgraded to gold, will try auction house, thanks
  17. Hayzeus Augur

I would never sell mine. They will bury it with me in my coffin when I finally hang the robe.

Those that have one understand that the minute differences between the Circlet and the AA, while small, are immense.

One run through the T4 RoF zones can prove it. There are many areas that have mixed populations of live and undead mobs. The ability to go back/forth between the CoS and IVU-AA makes any of those runs much safer. IVU-AA and Shadows-AA share the same 7 second cooldown timer. You cannot rapidly switch between IVU and Invis if you only have the AAs for both.

I know there are many that say that the invis-AA is "good enough." For me, I don't like to play my necro "good enough." I like to play it to the best of my ability. The CoS may not offer an advantage in every single circumstance, but it also never ever puts me at a disadvantage. The fact that sometimes, sometimes... it actually does offer a distinct advantage means that I will keep this tool in my toolbelt forever and ever.

PS: I also have the Shadows AA, but I still will never sell the CoS. Never. Ever.
  18. Hando New Member

Is anyone interested in making an offer for this? I could really use the pp
    to gear a couple new characters.