Hi question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Baradon, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Baradon New Member

If I buy new expansion do i get 30 days free ?? or should i just buy gold sub and level up see if i can stick with my old fantasy world ?
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

The new expansion has little value before level 95, and does not give a month of gold.
  3. Baradon New Member

thank you i used your link :) i'm try and get into this game again now!
  4. Feistmeister Journeyman

I disagree that the newer expansions have little utility ... there are surprising features that come with the upgrades (depending on what version you have now). I have no character over level 90 but changes to the bank and what not are VERY nice, not vital maybe, but very nice ...

The problem is that I cannot put my finger on what some of these features are, not do I have any recollection of what they all are ... but I *DO* recall being very happy with the minor changes and tweaks that came with the last two expansions ... so ...

My suggestion is to go ahead, it cannot hurt if you can afford it ... if things are very tight (money wise) then maybe, if you can hold out that long ... wait until summer and be alert for the pre-sale ... *I* buy the super pack and the perks packaged with the pre-order are, IMHO, well worth the investment ... for example, though I am not hunting in the latest zones, I do have one free armor item for my Merc ... granted it is only 200-300 HP, Manna, and End ... but as I have said before ... any edge is better than none ...
  5. Borek-VS Augur

30 days free with a purchase only applies to new accounts, and there are many reasons to use old accounts if you have one.
  6. Hileth New Member

If you would like to see what the last couple expansions are like, I would suggest making a character on Test server. I've only recently gotten a character high enough to even venture into the new zones but some of the features are pretty useful. Being able to buy from the bazaar from anywhere is nice. Selling to the broker from anywhere can be a good way to make some quick coin. If you like passing things down to alts, the extra shared bank space is good too.

In any case, this would give you the chance to see whether spending the money on the more recent expansions is worth it for you.
  7. Trellium Elder

They stopped doing the 30 days free when Free-To_Play started, new account or not. Apparently you get access with FTP, but it seems to me they should still give a month of Gold status when you pay for an expansion.