Solo/molo friendly class?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by liveitup1216, Dec 25, 2013.

1. liveitup1216 Augur

Yes its another one of those posts! Curious about class choices for the solo/molo type. Don't want to box at all and prefer melees (pal shd bst mnk or rng) or maaaaybe a mage. No experience in anything beyond LDoN but would probably want to experience it all. Thoughts? Suggestions? Tired of this type of post?
  2. pk76 Augur

i have seen that post who could help you ..........specially if you going free to play .......

someone posted this : {{ i didn't test any ftp toons , but this info could help your choice }}
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

someone said --------------------------------->>>> ive tested a few ftp accounts made the following:

ranger she is level 85 headshots like a queen, fully geared in group drops from grounds and tasks from T1 an T2 .. can power lvl other ftp accounts from 55 - 70 in less than 2 hours .. im impressed...

mage level 85 - strong pet geared in grounds T1 an T2 task gear, pet kicks butt.. tanks well, summons goodies for all my alts ... handy to coth

SK level 85, has alot of trouble tanking or staying alive, even geared in grounds and T1 an T2 tasks.

Wizard level 70 - not bad as he dont get hit much fully geared in COA gear.. moslty ports alts around .. i have 12 level 70 - 85 toons, and the best by far is ranger for free to play ..

could add necro as well in that list np.

im totally impressed with the ranger for a free account ...

great link for FTP augments ( thanks for your hard work crystilla ) http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24228
  3. Treiln Augur

Paladin and SK are tanks and can molo/solo very well due to higher survibalbility. Just takes longer to kill mobs due to lower dps.
    Bst and Rangers do fairly well with tank mercs and eventually healer mercs. Due to Headshot Rangers might be able to Solo easier if you don't mind the mind numbing repetition.
    Monk have some or the best solo capabilities in the game with FD and being able to pull solo mobs by splitting and have the highest base mitigation out of all the classes while pushing decent dps numbers.
  4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Best solo melee class will be Shadowknight. Shadowknights are hands down the fastest leveling class, using swarms.

Monks and Beastlords both solo well but their effectiveness will depend greatly on level and AA count.

Rangers are not melee while soloing with headshot. They aren't particularly good at soloing in melee range.
  5. Treiln Augur

SKs can't really swarm that efficiently until about 65/70/71. Until then it's rather slow
    Same with Rangers, waiting until 68 when they get Vinelash Cascade to mass kill.

Up to that point Rangers melee quite a bit and a ranger that focuses on ranged dps outside of burns is a bad Ranger :p and SKs are slow until they can swarm.

Monks and beastlords will excell until about level 75. From that point a lot of classes are going to be needing AAs to become rather defined by what they do. I have a HSing Ranger and a Swarming SK and I still recommend either the Beastlord or Monk.
  6. Gladare Augur

Vinelash is 72 for druids and 73 for rangers. Just a small nitpick. Hail of Arrows is 68 which is probably what you were thinking about.
  7. Treiln Augur

Ah good call! I just know that level 68 was the firs t thing that came to mind. Thanks :)
  8. Sinestra Augur

SKs being the fastest levelers is debatable now. Especially at certain level ranges.

SKs also require a good amount of AAs and much better than average gear to be any good at swarming and don't come into it until later in their careers.

SKs require a lot of gear and AAs to attain good survivability.
  9. Ultrazen Augur

I know you said you didn't want to box but.....my best advice would be to box lol. Running 2 accounts is *super* easy to do, not to mention fun. There are many combos you could run where you would hardly ever have to even mess with the 2nd toon....for example.

1. Monk + Druid. Druid is an awesome 2nd character, buffs, sows, snares, and ports, and super easy to macro as a 2nd character, very very low involvement or attention needed.

2. Monk + Bard. Set up your /mel on the bard, hit your /follow macro/hot key, and never touch your bard again for hours.....one of the best AFK 2nd characters.

3. Mage + wiz/bard/druid/chanter. Take your pick, all great combos and all super easy to 2 box.

2 boxing will let you have a tank and healer merc in your party, making 95% of the content doable quite easily. I strongly suggest you give running 2 accounts a try, I'm actually currently running 3 now and it's a blast.
    Sinestra likes this.
  10. Feistmeister Journeyman

My preference is Monk Main - lots of guys for secondary. currently I run him with Druid, BL, SK, Bard, Mage, Ench, Nec, Rng, and SHM ... less often with Wiz and Rogue. That said I particularly like Monk/BL as you get snare and buffs close enough to SHM as to not make a difference. Enchanter is nice with experience aura though I am still fiddling about with how effective that is ... Bard over haste (225%) with a monk is something to behold ... and with melody is pretty awesome for low maintenance duo... though the interruption of the singing requires some attention when he stops ...

Oh, and pick the songs wisely ... AoE bellowing is likely to fetch more attention than you want ... :)
  11. Helrazor Augur

Sk/mage combonation is great, personally I think mage is best solo class in the game.