Best Quests Ever

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ayragon, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Caudyr Augur

Oh I liked the flagging itself...I meant the whole bugginess and spiderwebbedness of the whole thing and how many issues it caused for people early on.
  2. McDougal Augur

3. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Moklianne Augur

I like how the vast majority of these are from 10+ years ago.
    Tarrin likes this.
  5. Edrick Augur

There really isn't any questing anymore in Everquest, unfortunately.
    Moklianne likes this.
  6. Phrett Augur

The haste clicky belt... by far the most useful clicky I've ever owned, and I still use every single day.
    Moklianne likes this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

All of the iksar quest series. Done all 6 and they are neat lore wise with some cool bits and some awful camps.

Getting mnk fist via hand in to CT himself in full spawn pofear on a 51 monk twink was scary and awesome!
  8. dpsdpsdps Elder

ice comet.
  9. Norathorr Augur

Man... The first set of quests I did that really stuck out to me were the Ro Armor quests. I was so proud when I got the set. Fiery defender quest took me till late pop to finish. Another cool quest line. Travel the world and the planes and slaying dragons. It had everything. I think colds in ring was cool and ethereal bladed najinta although the final reward was not worth the effort it was like an epic quest in itself. Coldain shawl 1.0 and 2.0 were cool also. Aid grimmel quest in pop was cool also though the rewards were unfortunately eclipsed in potime and given the effort it would be nice if the reward was stronger. I also loved some of those non raid alternate access quests for like tactics hoh torment etc. it is a shame they could not count to progression as it would have saved some insane back flagging runs!
  10. Fluid Augur

I'm a fan of the older quests. It isn't a problem with new quests, it is just that travel is so easy now, it makes them seem less of an epic struggle.

Stein of Moggok: Great quests that forces you to traverse to several zones depending on how you solved it [Freeport, Qeynos, Karanas, Steamfront, OOT, Moggok, ...]

Trueshot/Raincaller bow: Just about as much travel, more camping, added difficulty of needing a trade skill.

Clothspinner sisters: No reward really. I did this one maybe a two months after game started with a newish level 6 ranger I made. Truth is, there was another part where you saved the Paladin Sister from a Bloodsabre<?> but my character was MUCH to low a level do it at the time. I may go back and do the quest again just to finish that half. It was important in that it revealed just how much and what level the fight between good and evil in Qeynos had come to.

Testament of Vanear: If you were a Druid, you did this quest. Involved assasination and ruining your faction but worth it at the time.
  11. Moklianne Augur

I did this in PC EQ, and again in EQMac. Great quest.
  12. porky Augur

I am not sure if this thread is about cool rewards or well written and developed quests, if the latter is what you are looking for try the Qeynos Badge of Nobility. Epic level quest with great story and game interaction.
  13. Khoza Augur

I second the vote for the Cabilis class weapons.

Really, anything 'progressive' like the Cabilis weapons, the Coldain Ring, Shawl (1 and 2 both) or the froglok shaman newbie shields, all appeal to me.

Also ranking high for me is Gnoll Slayer. Nothing like having a low level paladin followed around by a shaman pet to make people go 'WTF?'
  14. Elenwyyi Augur

-Testament of Vanear gets a special spot in my house. Great memory, making that run.
    -The whole Shawl series is the best. Connecting UF to Velious was the best sustained lore arc in the game. The item was game changing.
    -I don't know how epic ornamentation has gone unmentioned.
  15. shiftie Augur

Chalice of conquest
    Armor of ro

Those are probably my favorites. It is hard to remember all the quests I've done. Once I got to the upper levels I powered through a lot which is why those 2 are at the top of my list because I did them when they were current and they were pretty rough back then.
  16. shiftie Augur

Farming this and being followed by a fire elemental was way more fun.
  17. Caudyr Augur

Overlooked by other awesome quests from the past...plus the fact that it seems this thread steered towards nostalgia quests from the outset?

I did really like the epic ornamentation quests myself (need to finish the rogue one for myself...though I don't have EQ sounds on so not sure if it'll even work for me as it requires that from what I heard, heh), though. :D
  18. Drathos_BotS Elder

The Coldain Ring War and while there were many quests over the years there really is not even a close second for me. Best quest ever in any game hands down.
  19. Aeroen New Member

I did this quest on my dwarf cleric back in the day. I would run around in a tunic all day and watch people ask the DWARF druid for a port:)
  20. Ultrazen Augur

This thread got me thinking about amazing items, for me it was http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4413. Bioluminescent Orb.....cast blind, had a long range. Used this on my monk to split pull things you weren't suppose to be able to split back in the day. My proudest moment was being able to split Tormax off of his guards. They said it couldn't be done!!! lol.

Those were really tough to get a hold of back in the day, extremely rare, I think I had one of 2 on my server. Probably my most prized bobble back in the old days.
    Khoza likes this.