No Trade Items - Why on old content?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Risiko Augur

Do we really need to have "No Trade" items in old content when the vast majority of the items are worse than Defiant gear that is not "No Trade"?

It just seems to me that any drops more than 2 expansions old should all have their "No Trade" flags taken off. What's the point of no trade on items more than 2 expansions old? I got alts that I could give that crap to, or at the very least, I could give this crap I get while working on AAs to newbies for the hell of it.
  2. Fluid Augur

Did you have any items in mind? Reason I ask is because you can do some cherry picking for a few old content items that can be traded. Some of them were meant to fit into the old faction system, that is getting the item for one faction necessarily ruined your faction with another. Same with some raid/instanced items in that they were a ~trophy and a mark of being part of the event.

Is time sink a dirty phrase? Even if it isn't, it can sometimes feels like it depending on the quest. I repeat quests for no drops on each of my characters that can use them. For items that can be traded, I still do them multiple times so I have the convenience of not having to use shared bank to transfer items. I think I have three Testament of Vanear on three different Druids on three different servers. Nearly completely useless in today's game although I do equip them in Guild Lobby. :) I'm not so sure I would like to see a level one Druid running around with one equipped. Easy enough for them to just go to merchant in PoK and pick up a Crude Adept's Band with better stats and same focus effect.
  3. Hileth New Member

Something I wouldn't mind seeing is the ability to make old items heirloom via the loyalty vendor for example. But, I do agree removing the no trade flag on items from old expansions would be nice. I'm not sure I'd go back two expansions, but maybe up through Luclin. There are some fun clickies and weapons but nothing too overpowering in today's game.
  4. Abazzagorath Augur

I don't think it would be a horrible thing if all items from X expansion through the original that had "no trade" was changed to "attunable". Like maybe underfoot and earlier? Then put unatuner things on the marketplace. Make sony some cash easy in a way most wouldn't complain about too much, make things more interesting without bothering anything relevant. Maybe anytime they unlock an expansions flags, they change the no drop stuff to attunable.

Could even have them dropped attuned so you have to unattune them before trading them.
    Sinestra likes this.
  5. Caudyr Augur

I agree...and at the very least...all items with a raid aug slot (type 8) should be heirloom, as well. That way...if you have other characters on your account...you can pass down your raid gear as you upgrade it to them.

It'd also make sense given the name of that tag "Heirloom" because wouldn't the act of giving them a piece of your old raid gear (across the same account, of course) be like giving someone in the same family an item that will later be considered a family heirloom (if it isn't already)? ;)

Leave it to the guilds to sort out the "but then you have people getting items for alts, looting on the mains and just passing to the alts instead of using it when they went for it for themselves!" crap...because that's a guild level issue, not something sony should have to bother considering. :p
  6. Langya Augur

Bow of the Destroyer would be 1000000000000000 plat and the camp would be dominated by some bot team for the next 10 years.

Some things are better left being lore/no trade because it makes them actually be obtainable.
  7. Mytoss Elder

i say remove the lvl requirements on old gear ( like up to POP ) and remove he no drop tag.
    Atleast then some of the gear that drops from old zones would come in use and perhaps for something different than the wall.
    Its not like the gear would be massivly overpowered compared to defiant and such and keep in mind people can plvl 1 to 80 in a day anyways.
  8. Langya Augur

Well, some of that old gear are still chaser items. Some illusions, overhaste items, some mounts, items for quests etc. Oh and stuff like the Bow of the Destroyer. It might require cherry picking some items but leaving others as no trade.
  9. Caudyr Augur

At the same time, this is precisely why they should put in a way for people that don't have the option of getting on whatever time of day the mobs might spawn to have an opportunity to kill these mobs still. This is being talked about in another thread atm, heh.
  10. Ishtass Augur

Personally I like no trade, just would like non instanced content made more available to players on a schedule (see other thread). It's not so much the items, but in these mobs I've heard about but can never find up to experience. 1 person can lock people out of content across an entire server.
  11. Langya Augur

Upping the spawn rates would be a better solution. If the problem is the same people monopolizing spawns, than making the items tradeable only gives the monopolizers more of an incentive to stay entrenched.
    Ishtass likes this.
  12. Ishtass Augur

I like the idea of instances with long lockouts, on top of the normal chase. So I have the option to catch a spawn every 6 days in normal zone, but I'm guaranteed to get them once a month on my instanced lockout.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

we have a speical server that allows that. you should look into it.
  14. Risiko Augur

Not really. No. I started a new character on a different server with out power leveling the day after I got back from SoE Live this year. While I have been leveling in various zones that nobody goes to anymore, I have killed numerous named mobs that drop no-trade items that are pretty worthless compared to defiant gear. I just thought it would be nice to be able to give this gear to alts or other players that want to level with out using defiant gear, but no-trade makes it impossible.

I think that all this no-trade gear on old content named mobs should at least be able to be traded to others or at the very least be able to be broken down and made in to augs or something. Anything. As it is, defiant gear makes the vast majority of no-trade items level 1 to 70 worthless. It takes the thrill out of seeing a named mob up and killing it. You get nothing anybody would want.
  15. Quatr Augur

Right -- it may require reviewing every single item from each affected expansion to determine desirability, level range and possible side effects. That's a lot of work.
  16. Caudyr Augur

Precisely why I say this:

Adding Heirloom to all no trade items (at the very least all the ones with type 8 slots) = Yes, please.
    Making all no trade items (especially those that have type 8 slots) tradeable outside of the FV server = NO, THANK YOU.

Passing raid gear from your main to an alt on the same account as an "heirloom" to them makes all sorts of sense to me, though...and that shouldn't be all that hard of a change I'd think, if they could do a query on the item database looking for type 8 items (including augs for just those, i guess) and then have it add the heirloom tag if it was missing.

There may be a couple of items that wouldn't work on, though...like clickies that aren't equippable/don't have aug slots, etc.
    Sinestra likes this.
  17. Quatr Augur

Hm, that sounds like a fairly big change. Not necessarily a bad one, just ... big.
  18. Caudyr Augur

Yeah, honestly it depends on how easily they could 'blanket' those changes across all raid items or something. There's the option of doing an expansion a patch or something, maybe...if necessary...I dunno.
  19. Pirouette Augur

Already happens. And 350k to be precise.

Edit: I myself don't think it should be tradable, but I wanted to clear up any misconceptions about people suddenly rushing to it and fighting over it (or any other oldschool raid item), because it already happens, and people sell loot rights to it. The people who try to sell it are severely misguided because there's no reasonable amount (<5 mil) it could be sold for to make up for the hell you'll put yourself through trying to obtain it. For that reason, I have yet to see the same person try the same gig.
  20. Tharrg Augur

They have an entire server that is designed for that... Friona Vie.. so it realy should not be that hard to convert the existing items on other servers because they already have a similar coding done. This is why I dont understand why they cant fix old quests that are broken since they have unmodified code in the Mac server.. that has had updates but no new expansions in years