Changes: Wizard/Enchanter/etc

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silku Augur

I'd like to see enchanters given back the ability to mesmerize unlimited numbers of mobs. I'd also like to see wizards being able to beam as many as they can hit in one cast. Is there a reasoning why some classes are still able to nuke as many mob as they can round up but these two have been changed to where they cannot? (Did rangers once have an arrow thing that did that too?)
  2. Mykaylla Augur

Headshot used to check to fire on each target in the area of their cone effect abilities- the Hail of Arrows line. Now, it only checks on the one mob you have targetted, at a time.
  3. Denial_Sinfae Augur

They also have an 8 target limit on their Hails and targeted hails.

Casting: 3s, Recast: 12s, Timer: 5, Rest: 1.5s
    Max Targets: 8
    1: Archery Attack for 192 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    2: Archery Attack for 192 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    3: Archery Attack for 192 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    4: Archery Attack for 192 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

Enchanters can mez an unlimited amount of targets still. It lasts for 12 seconds. The refresh is like 14 seconds. They have a 6 secon AE stun. If you have them debuffed enough to chain mez them, you have them debuffed enough to have the stun overlap. If the mob can't be stunned, more than likely it can't be mezed either (exceptions like giants and whatnot, sure, not the point).

They also have to be right in the mix to do it. It'sa PB AE.

If you're going to mass damage anything, it should be from point blank, just as enchanters must deal with. No risk killing entire current exp zones from a distance is rubbish.
  4. Sixth_Sense New Member

How about you take your not so subtle mage nerf request, and stick it in a Halfling?
    CaRnon likes this.
  5. Gladare Augur

My memory is fuzzy, but I believe the Hail line did have unlimited targets originally.
  6. Mykaylla Augur

Yep.
    2007-11-20 20:25 Changed Maxtargets from 0 to 8
  7. silku Augur

Enchanters can now mez unlimited mobs for the cost of additional mana use (random) for every mob in it. 100 mobs will quickly destroy their mana pool. Before we could do it unlimited permanently. We were nerfed because they didn't want us pulling 100 mobs and CCing them.

As to those who think this is a nerf request, it's not. I don't want anyone nerfed, I want them to stop nerfing selectively.
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

To OP:

It becomes a nerf request with your third sentence, asking why other classes can do things your two specific classes can no longer do. If you had ended the original post after the first two sentences, then all is well. But that third sentence can be perceived/construed/interpreted as one class wanting a nerf to other classes. Especially since these boards have had a multitude of threads already pertaining to unlimited AOE target spells...

Just because you do not directly come out and say it does not mean you are implying it...
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they have demed it fine now for other classes to be able to mass pull, those who were nerfed for doing just that should be unnerfed. That is the request not to nerf other classes.

Add bards to the list of a class which needs mass pulling to be unnerfed.
    silku likes this.
  10. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

If you don't think beam needs a nerf, you deserve to be followed around wherever you go by beam groups taking all the mobs you want and lagging the zone to hell.

Unlimited-target spells simply shouldn't exist.

Their past trend of mudflating the whole game to make these sorts of exploits unimportant (Headshot, etc.) sucks, but obviously idiot players who help pay for the game will quit if their broken abilities are fixed (see Necros).
  11. Yesway Augur

It is always normal for people that have overly strong abilities to not want them changed. I'm sure if I had some super awesome ability to mass kill stuff I wouldn't want it changed either :)
  12. Tuluvian Elder

Assassinate/Headshot/Decap should all be upgraded to work on current level content and the humanoid tag removed on the first 2... Isn't like the rogue/zerker have 0 risk involved, they still gotta take some hits and are still forced to use a healer merc.
  13. Sinestra Augur

I think the double standards need to stop.
    silku likes this.
  14. Gladare Augur

I quoted the wrong person methinks. It all worked out anway! I let you go to lucy for me.
  15. CaRnon Augur

love class envy posts.... not really..
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The mage arguement for keeping their ability as it is is so they can farm grey mobs for tradeskill stuff, why shouldn't other classes who could do this previously not have their unlimited mob count reinstated for the same reason?

If they are worried about wizzys getting exp the same way mages do now, limit it to only working on mobs which con grey.

If it is true that they are working on a fix for the lag caused by mass pulling, there is no reason why previous nerfs could not be reinstated.
  17. Edrick Augur

I agree. Except for me, of course.
    Sinestra likes this.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

If they are training and killing you/your group, petition and ban them

If they are lagging up the zone, ask them to stop if you want to do something in the zone. If they refuse file them in your "Evil Halfling" box and remember to avoid them, then head to one of the other 500 EQ zones to do something until the evil halfling leaves.

But please, stop these crying threads, begging to nerf people. Devs will nerf people on their own (go go Death Bloom). Let it happen naturally.

I've swarmed, AE'd, Beamed, Charm kited, powerleveled and all other varieties of mass slaughter in EQ over the years. I don't think I've ever once refused to stop and do something else when someone has asked unless it was someone asking to do the exact same thing (IE I didn't stop SK swarming for another SK until my lessons was over). If my entire train is at 10% I'll say sure let me finish this off and it's all yours. But I am sure most other adults here will stop any of these mass killing behaviors if they are interrupting a group. If I am mid pull I will often evac or fade and head out if someone asks.
  19. Axxius Augur

"Nerf Mages" thread #523.

Piestro, pls consider a stickied locked 'The Official Mage Beam Nerf Request Thread'. Everybody who wants mage beam kiting nerfed can just click Like on it and save themselves a lot of time.
  20. Sinestra Augur

I think it's gotten pretty pathetic when anytime someone mentions an ability people start screaming about how you can't call for nerfs. Using an ability as an example, when that ability has been approved for use by SoE, is not a request for nerfing.

Making an issue out of things everytime someone mentions it makes you as much a part of the problem as people wanting it nerfed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.