SOE Maintenance Notice: Monday, November 11, 2013

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Ashlanne Lorekeeper

Important: We will perform maintenance beginning at 4:00 AM Pacific* on November 11, 2013. We expect this maintenance to take approximately 4 hours. This will impact the following services:
    • Account management will be unavailable starting at 4:00 AM to approximately 8:00 AM PST*
    • Commerce transactions, including purchases on our websites and in-game marketplaces will be unavailable between 4:00 AM and approximately 8:00 AM PST*.
    • Login for all SOE forums may be affected, you may lose permissions and experience occasional disconnects between 4:00 AM and approximately 8:00 AM PST*.
    • Players who are already logged in may be disconnected and unable to log back in starting at 4:00 AM to approximately 7:00 AM PST*
    • Login for all SOE games may be affected during the maintenance.
    We apologize for this interruption and will resume all affected services as soon as the maintenance is completed.

*Convert to your local time
  2. Myce Elffe New Member

On Veteran's Day. One of my days off. Nice.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. BoomWalker Augur

Hehe...and it doesn't say anything about the live servers does it? Maybe this means live servers:

"Players who are already logged in may be disconnected and unable to log back in starting at 4:00 AM to approximately 7:00 AM PST*"

but can you put it in more cryptic terms please....
  4. glitchen New Member

Really...... maint on a holiday..wonder whos brainstorm this was
  5. Spinner New Member

Who's bright and well-thought out idea was it to have maintenance on a friggin holiday that 85% of the job-having EQ players would have off for? Someone clearly doesn't understand the concept of planning ahead.
  6. Celibate New Member

Player base, I'd like you to meet Sony. Sony, this is the player base.

Oh I'm sorry, these comments were giving me the impression that you hadn't met before. ;)
    Aelenar likes this.
  7. Mhikeal New Member

So many veterans play EQ, too, including myself. This year, however, I guess it won't matter for me since I'll be at work for the duration of the maintenance.
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. Geroblue Augur

More than dropped the ball. Sad. No concept of how to thank players for sticking around.
  9. Crystilla Augur

"85% of the job-having EQ players would have off"? Man I wish this holiday was treated like some others where everyone has it of. But unfortunately it isn't true. :(
  10. Aimless New Member

Sweet, I love having my time wasted and then a few days later to have it wasted again. I figure the stuff they fix on Monday will have to be fixed on Thursday and then they can hop in on Saturday to fix that stuff....and with any luck they will have a rate increase so i get the pleasure of paying even more money for the wonderful repair service I am getting.
  11. Stumphobbler Elder

so would you all complain less if it was a saturday or a sunday ? no..probably not. so SOE can't win for losing with you guys.
  12. Fendy Augur

Looks like a great time to check out the Diablo 3 demo.
  13. Geroblue Augur

Yeah, SOE forgot that with a holiday, their in-game store sales go up due to lots of peolple being home. I wonder if WoW is giving bonus experience on Monday ? One way for me to find out. Play there instead of in EQ.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you at least patch at the same time so we can get rid of the dropping and reentering channels everytime we zone?
  15. eci2000 Lorekeeper

While I am working, many do have this day off. It is a 3 day weekend and thus just like a Saturday or Sunday for those many off that day. So your response is inaccurate and not well thought out.

What got me was that they would do it on Veteran's Day when so many service men and women are supporters of this game. Very Un-American SoE. Parent company may be overseas but you are in CA.

Lame, stupid and epic fail. Yet it is kind of funny in a sad pathetic way because I am not surprised.

Go Veterans!
  16. Vinney Augur

How about Wednesday early morning like they usually do?
  17. Anex New Member

Super sucky on the timing.. it is also Veteran's day overseas and you guys are upset for 4am to 8am.. imagine here in Europe 1pm to 5pm :/
  18. Signedup New Member

This is a very unusual time for a freakin "maintenance patch". Don't they do those on Wednesdays or Thursdays anyway? And if it's an emergency maintenance patch they should have done it immediately on Friday. For some morbid reason SOE seemed to specifically pick Veterans Day on purpose. But i believe they've done this exact same thing before on Veterans Day years ago so i'm not totally surprised. Shameful.
  19. bogie New Member

quit whining and just go do something constructive. Hug a veteran, they're fighting a war not playing games and whining about it. geeez
    Vorthax likes this.
  20. Leerah Augur

Log in your toon before bed. Leave it at char select or in the guild hall. It should be fine as long as your ISP doesn't drop.