Where to level at 43ish?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by EQChanter4Life, Oct 22, 2013.

1. EQChanter4Life New Member

Hey everyone,

So my 4 box team (Dru/Mag/Mag/Ench) is in the level 42 range and I'm looking for a new place to XP.

I'm still in Goru'kar Mesa fighting giants now and the XP has slowed down, would I be better off fighting LB/B/DB somewhere else?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. bard007 Augur

id head to lower guk till 50,
  3. silku Augur

I've heard that shrouding to 35 and killing bees in blightfire is the way to go.
  4. Sebbina Augur

Burning Woods, the giant fort has mobs of decent level for XP, or go south and do hornets also of decent XP, but they require more chasing pops, and as it is currently a hot zone the XP will be improved. Once you are about level 50, Sebilis killing the frogs around the top wings will be decent (also improve Guk faction) -make a campfire outside in case you train your self and want to recover and return quickly. At about 55 you could start into the Temple of Droga and stay there until 65-71 depending on how long you are willing to grind in that zone. Kunark zones the mobs hit for less and have fewer HP then later expansions, do note in Sebilis and droga the last mob will run when low so snare is your friend, and those zones also provide a decent plat and gem drop for the level.
  5. moogs Augur

I like the gorangas at the entrance of Maiden's Eye. Or Dawnshroud, if those are too tough.
  6. Kraymerica Journeyman

I think the ships and shipyard in Dulaks harbor is good around those levels, and lots of gem drops for selling to vendors.
    moogs likes this.
  7. Raptorjesus5 Augur

With a 4 box team the sky is the limit. Exp is naturally going to slow down the higher level you get so I wouldn't be too concerned about that.

I would suggest any of the following: Burning Woods (Hotzone), Dawnshroud Peaks (Hotzone) Dulak's Harbor, City of Mist, Gorukar Mesa, or The Hole off the top of my head.
  8. moogs Augur

Not so much for the OP's benefit since this is pretty tough to box, but Howling Stones/Charasis is awesome at 43. In case anyone is looking for a place to molo, especially a class that can do extra damage vs undead or snare...
  9. Toquillaw Augur

I like all of the options people posted above, plus Grimling Forest due to easy access, lots of mobs, and once I hit 50ish I just pop in to Acrylia Caverns.
  10. Quatr Augur

I am a big fan of Howling Stones/Charasis, but it's one of those zones where it pays to come prepared. There are trapdoors which will drop you to the basement, false stairs, hidden doors and other surprises.

The four wings of the dungeon are all different and are suited for different levels. The mobs in the North wing have very few HPs and are easy to kill, but things get progressively harder as you move to the West, South and especially East wings. It's a lot of fun, though.

Oh, and you don't really need to have a snarer. It's nice because the "sperm" mobs (and at least one skeleton) run at low health, but they run slowly and have few HPs, so you can easily kill them before they get too far. Some form of pulling/cc is recommended, though, especially at lower levels when you agro range is huge.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Think you would need to do the easy key quest yet at 43, but Sebilis is a fun zone. XP isn't too bad and drops are nice.
  12. Sebbina Augur

Howling stones has one small problem, if any of your characters are of the so called Evil races, hunting in HS will quickly make you KOS in The Overthere outpost, a minor but possibly annoying thing.
  13. Quatr Augur

The Overthere faction can be important if you want to get that hammer which procs "gate to the Overthere", but I thought you could fix your faction by killing a few dozen mobs in Veeshan's Peak? Of course, you'll have to wait until you are 70+ before you can do it.