CotF gear vs already had RoF?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by frands481, Oct 18, 2013.

1. frands481 Elder

heroic adventures only really award good experience, tradeskill items, and level 100 players with valor marks. however it's made to generally award level 100s mostly. my question is that as highest level content how difficult is it to get similiar level rof if better rof gear? and how many of the aimed for audience took the time to get the better rof stuff last expansion? if this part of the expansion didn't apply to a fair portion of the playerbase that comprises 100s won't they have to wait for up and coming toons or rerolls before the feature appeals to most folks looking to buy the latest expansion? if the gear awarded was still better than most of the gear in the last expansion then there may be no problem but otherwise it's a added bit to the real expansion geared towards easing people into the real requirements for other stuff. i just don't know what will go down or even if they thought this through properly if it just helps you get more potent rof gear. if the gear in this expansion is better then rof fine. but if this gear can be outdone easily in tiers of this expansion and it is geared towards the highest end they may have problems with people who won't need it. basically cotf gear has to outdo rof gear in the end or suffer from people who won't need it. in that instance only the mercs will keep these people in. i guess soe should clarify on these expansions whether they really do have better stuff every tier. we have alot of samplers that never give games good chances and people should take that into account i think.
  2. frands481 Elder

i guess my argument isn't so good. my main frustrations probably stem from the tier base and how they aren't specified. it determines game aspects but rof i hear only released 2 tiers originally so the tradeskill gear was downed in power. also some are saying this first release of cotf is only tier 1 and if that's the case what about being rof geared. not to mention apparent below tier 1 tradeskills now. it's a nice step up for those who don't have stuff. but releasing expansions peacemeal and never giving any heads up and lowering gear power. it's something people will wonder about. whether things are lowered because of incomplete release or whether we are actually getting intended product right away. if you lower the bar on a temporary basis or people start saying so then maybe soe should start specifying tiers to quiet things down and make clear intentions.
  3. silku Augur

The tier 1 cotf is an upgrade (not huge but an upgrade) over Rof Tier 4. T4 wasn't super hard to get once you figured out how, and CotF isn't hard to get either, just takes time. It's already easy, doesn't need to be easier.
  4. Gladare Augur

Holy walls of text, Batman!

I think the only time those are acceptable is when your punctuation, grammar, and spelling are perfect.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Walls of text are never acceptable. Every keyboard ever has an enter key. It's there for a reason.

If I see a wall of text, I just do not attempt to go through the effort of reading it. If the poster can't make the effort to hit the enter key every few sentences, why should I go through the much, much harder effort to try to read it?
    Bauer and Reprisal like this.
  6. AliveTank. Journeyman

Coft t1 is like the bigest upgrade we ve had in a while, 10+ac +300hp/slot so yeah it s worth it as it s quite a bit better than rof T4.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, silku and Bauer like this.
  7. Magik Journeyman

Yeah so much for them trying to slow down mudflation.... I guess there only being two tiers of gear might help that.
  8. Nightops Augur

The difference between T4 RoF (group gear) and T1 CoTF is closer to 10ac 150hps for visable and a bit less for non-visable. Which was about the same jump made between VoA T4 group and RoF T4 group.

To the OP, if your a group gear only player, any gear upgrades should be welcomed. Yes, it will be really long for you to upgrade a full set of T1 CoTF due to the itemization with this expansion. However, it will almost certainly be harder for you to make the jump from T4 RoF to T2 CoTF when it arrives.

As for anyone wanting to put off purchasing the expansion... its up to you. If you plan on getting it 3 or 4 months from now after T2 goes live, why not get it now as long as money isnt the issue.
  9. Abazzagorath Augur

I guess you hate textbooks.
  10. Gragas Augur

If you are still trying to buy gear to stay current in EQ, you are doing it wrong?

Even if you are trying to buy current drops instead of farming them plat is not hard to come by?
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

No textbook I have ever read had walls of texts without proper punctuation or spacing.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Sebbina Augur

Textbook is 2 four letter words stuck together by ebil edumacators to abuse the young and naïve.
    Fortunately, I discovered TV when I was quite young.