CotF Questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by wingz-83, Oct 15, 2013.

1. wingz-83 Augur

I am making this thread to see if we can get some answers to some genuine questions about what has been released in CotF. Going to list them out in order and hopefully get some answers to them, feel free to add to the list/ answer as you can.

1) Mercs - At what level can mercs start getting aa xp?
    2) The new AA's (Yes there are new /ach aa's) are 50 ranks. Is each rank the same or does each rank add different amounts like first 10 = 100 hp and 20-40 = 50 hp for example or how does this work?
    3)Do all the Heroic missions give the same total chance of Marks from one to another across zones? (Like is Dead hills one worth more than bixie?)
    4) What are the total marks possible for each level from 95 - 100 and are they zone dependent?

Am sure I'll think of more.
  2. MrFlik Journeyman

I have a question which I was going to post today in the group necro thread, so I'm glad you made a separate topic for this.

CotF has been out a short while, but long enough to view the available items for sale using valor tokens. They are better items than RoF T4 items at a casual glance so for game balance sake I am going to hazard a guess if you had bought every thing on the for sale you would be at the correct balance of game play intention for what comes next, the next level of difficulty so to say?

But what I have not seen, has been an enhanced minion ear item for the three pet classes. these items have become a default needed item, try fighting without one, so could we see one added to the items for sale?
  3. Triquience Journeyman

1.) My understanding is level 20

2.) Not sure - haven't earned enough

3.) Each mission is worth different amounts of marks. I kept track while doing 2 arcs and the amount of reward was all over the map. You actually get marks for each sub-task completed within each mission. So if you bail 1/2 through the mission, you still get marks for those tasks you completed up to that point. So a cheesy update may be worth 4 marks, while killing 4 captains is worth 40 marks.

Also, I'm pretty sure your group makeup(difficulty) plays into how many you receive. I did a mission with all raiders and the reward was significantly more than when i boxed the same mission with 2 group toons and 3 mercs.

4.) Teren posted in another thread about his results -- i'll copy them below.

4. Triquience Journeyman

5. Riou EQResource

1) Mercs start to gain AA at level 20

2) The new AA seems to be the same per rank, but you can only get 5 ranks of 2 and 1 rank of the 3rd, since they are special though I doubt it will go stronger, just a nice bonus like DoN progression was

3) No, they give different currency totals based on which step is chosen, most of the time the different choices give different currencies for the same step so you wont even get the same amount running the same exact one twice unless you get the same exact steps twice

4) No idea on this one

Probably not since the next release is T1-B, it would make no sense for you to have to have half of a tiers gear to get the same quality reward in the same Gear Tier. The RvR would be way outta whack

The pet ear is on the Neriak named Mass of Spite, Neriak has super easy named, like 1/10 the difficulty of any other zone in the expansion, you could prob duo it with a merc :p.
  6. Saphfyre Elder

I started a new Bard, only level 6 but my Merc has 1% AAXP.
  7. MrFlik Journeyman

Thanks for the tip, I will look into that named )