Preorder Failure (prepaid visa)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gortar, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Gortar Augur

I used a prepaid visa to pay for my CotF Pre orders... it failed ;(

What can I do to keep my pre order items? The card has money and is registered online (and works for other companies).

Any tips are welcome!
  2. Slasher Augur

petition and wait a week for them to respond :)
  3. Leerah Augur

I had updated expiration dates on the cc that I use on all four accounts. This AM, I got an email that one failed. The new expiration date was on the account. It's as if they didn't even try to bill it. :-(

Although this thread belongs in tech support forum.
  4. Gortar Augur

Yeah .. I don't get along with the Lead CS (VMWare ban issue.. and his attitude towards it) .. was hoping maybe Senor Superior Piestro would read it here and help :)
  5. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

It could be that the credit card company rejected one of the charges, this happened to me last year. I was renewing 5 accounts with the same credit card. Likely, 5 charges for the exact same amount on the exact same day (after midnight on launch date) triggered some anti-fraud alert somewhere.

However, my cc was not charged for the failed one, so I re-purchased the expansion and it went through. My pre-order rewards were honoured.
  6. silku Augur

I tried to preorder as well, and it wouldn't let me. It did allow me to pay full price if I wanted to, so we just went with the standard expansion (paying as much as everyone else was for the collectors.) I think they did it on purpose heh
  7. Hixx New Member

I also tried to preorder last week and it never let me get to the pay section. I tried twice. I wonder if i will get billed twice and still not receive the expansion. My Paypal account is in their records.
  8. Sineryen Journeyman

I got my collectors edition cancelled on order.... but my alt went through. I would like to get the collectors edition for what I agreed to pay.. not 20 bucks more.
  9. Phathom Champion

Billing processes run in batches unfortunately. Legally, we can't bill a credit card without your permission
    while changing the data on what you have provided us too. :) We would get in a little trouble for that. I hear what you're saying though.
  10. Phathom Champion

Anyone that fails on their billing on their Pre-Order and contacts customer service will be able to get the Pre-Order add-ons. Just give them a call. They are there to help you.
  11. Leerah Augur

How about if they try to process again later today?
  12. Insaneox Augur

My pre order failed to seems and I go to purchase and it won't I get some error message to contact customer service. But, customer service isn't available! Imagine that.
  13. EQGenericName theychangedmyname

im sorry i work 12 hr days and i'm certain me waiting on hold for 2+ hours is going to cause a cash flow issue from my boss to my bank .. which then in turn causes another to you from me. it's bad enough my ticket has been sitting for 5hrs and the only one touching it has been me Ive called my bank sorted out 1 issue the other issue is on your end as you rushed ahead on go and thats fine but my direct deposit was 30 minutes behind your first attempt to bill .. so now my preorder was completely cancelled???? if that is the case you can keep the bare bone expansion because i will not pay overly inflated rates
  14. Phathom Champion

Customer Service # is 858-537-0898 ==> Hit 1 for Accounts and Billing and then ==> Hit 4 for EverQuest

I'm sure they are busy but they are there. Not sure where you were unable to get help from.
  15. Kathara New Member

Unfortunately, ringing on a long distance number to sort out my payment details really isn't an option. It is already costing enough for the expansion. Hopefully, opening a ticket will be sufficient and won't take days to get it sorted. In case it matters my ticket number is 131008-000335.

Personally, it would help if we could update/amend the pre-order that I can clearly see in my payment history so that would in effect attempt to have it reprocess the order. The only option I have on that order is to cancel it. I have verified that my card details work and are correct now by re-subing with them but there seems no way to change the payment source for the pre-order that failed.
  16. bearforce1 Lorekeeper

good luck with that. i had one rof preorder fail last year. 3 phone calls and a petition later still waiting 1 year later for the pre-order items.
  17. Koutarou Elder

This year my charges got spread out over 6 hours rather than being charged within a few seconds of each other.

Maybe SOE is actually thinking this time...
  18. Siddar Augur

Checked bank they say they didn't decline charge. I wonder if SoE billing system a the problem with the sale of collectors edition for $44.99 to all access accounts.

Just checked price for collectors edition in game now and they want $66.99.
  19. Chitiwok Journeyman

I ran into a similar problem on my account, which had the base expansion on it from going to Fan Faire (SOE Live will always be Fan Faire to me). Should have been upgraded for $20, but got a credit card error using the Visa gift card I won in a tournament at Fan Faire. I opened a support ticket, and they said it was due to the CVV2 code being incorrect, to update my info on my account page and that the transaction will be attempted again every day for the next 7 days. I made sure the CVV2 code was correct, so we'll see what happens when it tries today.
  20. Gortar Augur

I had a wonderful CS Rep work with my ticket. He saw a hard decline, the card company said there was no reason for the decline. In the end, I had to purchase it again and they added my pre order items for me (near instantly! Thanks CS guy!).

So it all worked out. It was annoying yes, but then again what isn't these days? I have to give whoever did my ticket props. He/she was amazingly fast.