Rent a gm?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smak, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Smak Augur

Could there be a way to purchase on the sc store a gm hosted event? Purchaser sets a few basic parameters of the event, like location and such.

How much in sc cash would it cost to pay for a gm and maybe 3 other soe employees to create and host an event for a few hours?

Or maybe it could be sold on the sc store as currency, say 50 bucks per event token and require 10 players to form a raid and then click their tokens to request the future event?
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

wedding cake at the end - how cute
  3. Noirfu Augur

Four employees for a few hours for $50? You're obviously not familiar with California tech salaries. The standard rate for auto mechanics around here is $90/hour.
  4. Caudyr Augur

Jesus...my brother would die of joy if he could get paid that as a mechanic out here, I think, lol.
  5. Audigy Elder

I'd pay 100 bucks to raid a Dev for the night :)
  6. Seilan Journeyman

I might be misunderstanding him, but I believe he meant that 10 people, each with one of the 50 dollar tokens, would use them respectively to make this happen.

I think 500 dollars for a couple of hours would possibly be feasible, considering the "work load" -- although, I'm not sure you'd need 4 employees for it. In any case, it's an interesting idea.
  7. Crystilla Augur

I'd pay something to raid with a dev for the night :)
  8. Abazzagorath Augur

That's what they charge the customer. Not what they pay the mechanics.
  9. Caudyr Augur

Oh...I was gonna say, haha. "Labor costs". The mechanic probably sees maybe 1/4 of that...if they've been there a long time.
  10. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I was in a Mercedes-Benz dealership circa 2007 and their rate was $235/hr. That's why I decided against a Bentley. I figure it would be far more!
  11. silku Augur

I used to work as a Commercial Electrician, my company charged 90 bucks an hour (I had to give estimates in the field to customers) and I only saw $19 of that.