Extended Target Window Bug?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

This started (roughly) a month ago.
    Short version is that after logging and back in - the extended target window reverts back to default.settings. I (and a lot of peeps) always have the top slot set for the Main Assist's target.
    If I'm the MA it's also my target - if not it's his target and I assist off it.
    It's annoying having to keep setting it back to MY default every single time I log in - it used to hold it's settings.

PS: Also there is no reason that IF the top slot is set to MA;s target, that if operating Solo (not Molo) that the top slot could not just display your current target anyway - or at least let the UI allow you to set yourself as MA - even when alone.

-Rat
  2. BoomWalker Augur

Never remember it saving your setting between sessions...but agree it would be nice to have it retained. Especially if you have saved the setup so there is something to reference when the client loads.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Mine has always remembered my settings -until yesterday. One of my accounts started forgetting my settings. Strange.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

Same here - only on both accounts on 2 different PC's.
    I want to say it went south about a month ago and when I did the pre-order and the 2 older expansions went live. (anyone who pre-ordered before 9/12 had this happen). However that could be pure coincidence, I just know that it held the settings - and now it does not hold the settings.
    -Rat
  5. Lighteningrod Augur

Persistent manual settings have always been sketchy. Saved templates have never worked properly.
  6. Poepoepoe Journeyman

2 of my accounts always forget the settings, the other 2 always keep them. I've looked through config files and see no flag or issue that would cause this.

xtar sets also do not work on the affected accounts

my solution is to use /xtar set macros ... have one for group and one for raid
  7. Smak Augur

There is another bug with the extended target window, when you reaggro mobs often times after a feign death the target window can have plenty of room for npcs to list, yet they are not all on it. Who else has experienced such a thing? bards after a fade, or rogues escaping?