Session expired in trader mode

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bagaebro, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Bagaebro New Member

when I'm in Trader mode after a certain amount of time, it kicks me back to the character screen. Then my browser comes up to the EverQuest website and says session expired due to inactivity why is this? And how do I get it to stop kicking me out?
  2. Gragas Augur

Offline trader mode?
  3. Bagaebro New Member

Nope cant go into offline cause I dont have rain expansion.
  4. Bagaebro New Member

Go to a sellers spot, type /trad, brings up trader window, items are green to be traded. Leave my pc, come back bout hour later and im at my character screen. I then alt tab to my browser and a page is up saying session expired due to inactivity.
  5. Gragas Augur

Lay something on our arrow button so you spin, that input from your keyboard should stop the autobooting from inactivity.
  6. BoomWalker Augur

A spinning trader? Look for that mass ban message soon...

But it seems strange traders would get booted for inactivity at all...since the point of a trader is to be up for long periods of time making huge plat for the player...right?

How do folks sit in GL for what seems forever and not get booted? Seems strange.
  7. Sarkaukar Augur

This issue isn't with EQ but your computer and is generally related when system goes into sleep mode/screensaver. You actually end up getting disconnected, iirc due to the network card dropping into sleep/power down mode, thus getting dropped to server select screen, which then eventually gives the times out message. Again, this is due to what happens when with your computer when there is no keyboard/mouse input after a set amount of time. Change those settings and the disconnect will end.
    Toquillaw likes this.
  8. Toquillaw Augur

This is what I was about to post, because it is the most likely problem.

Flakey connections, or an ISP that resets the connection on occasion can also cause this (Verizon, which we have). When they reconnect, which might be within a 30 seconds or so, you are assigned a new IP address. EQ kicks you out immediately in that case, back to server select. After 10 minutes or so, server select issues a timeout notice, but that notice is not regarding the trader mode (although it would appear that way to me since I left it in trader mode).

It also seems to be mostly on your end, since we often have traders up with no issues (except Verizon), even on Test server.

The trick is to look at the right causes, not the end messages. And that's where Sarkaukar did a great job.
    Sarkaukar likes this.