Call of the Forsaken Launch Date

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vinaddar, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Vinaddar New Member

Greetings staff and members we were just wondering when the official launch date for the expansion is set, I have read late in September and there have been no updates, we were also wondering if you would share a few highlights about the new expansions other then the general descriptions?
  2. Toquillaw Augur

3. Ronak Augur

Zam, Ten ton hammer, and etc sites all still say September launch. If the release was pushed back, they haven't been informed yet, apparently.
  4. pewpewpewkittens New Member

Well, those sites dates are based on soe live information that "the expansion is coming in September".

If you can't give a date, at least give a thumb in the wind.
  5. Gragas Augur

Those sites have been more accurate and informing of release dates than EQ's own PR department for the last couple of ROF releases.
  6. Piestro Augur

Getting very close to this info being out.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

It sure would be nice if we got more then a day or two notice, which seems to be the trend lately. Would also be nice if the announcement was made someplace besides Twitter.
    Kelefane likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Shadow of Fear was announced, but the actual release date was kept secret from the players until the day before the release...

Heart of Fear was officially announced... 28 min after it was released to live servers...

Is Piestro about to tell us that Call of the Forsaken was actually released in the patch last week? :eek:
    Leerah, Snowman and beryon like this.
  9. Fendy Augur

Would be really nice if news was announced via the in-game motd. Kinda thought that's what it was for.
    mage101, Kelefane and beryon like this.
  10. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

No Joke! When the Nagafen / Mistmoore revamps were taken out early, I scoured these boards for some kind of official input. At about midnight Eastern was a Tweet from Dexella about it. Seriously, you totally revamp THIS board - USE it please!
    Or even better, use the IN-Game announcements (and no not that Welcome to hell screen mess)
    All this twitching and tweeting, sounds like a bird with it's head cut off :p
  11. Kelefane Augur

My guess is, early October some time. Its apparent that its delayed. Beta isnt even in design lock yet and new expansions usually dont go live until a week or so after design lock hits.
  12. Snowman Augur

"" Getting very close to this info being out. "" - well thanks for the information Piestro
    Now I can go to my boss be like I need a few days off of work within the next 2-3 weeks but I have no idea when yet - but hopefully soon I will know...
  13. Kelefane Augur

He doesnt know. The devs dont even know yet. Only the suits at the top know. Currently, the devs just probably know its delayed...but for how long? They dont even know I bet.
  14. Izcurly Augur

When the expansion gets pushed to test, you know it's getting close, whether it's been announced or not. That's been the best indicator for the last few updates.
  15. Mintalie Augur

I see what you did there...
  16. Toquillaw Augur

They push an expansion out to Test before release? I doubt that. That is what the beta server is for.
    Leerah likes this.
  17. Arwyn-RoV Augur

It seems that October 8th is the target date now.
    Elricvonclief and Tarvas like this.
  18. Risiko Augur

When it's ready. ;)
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...l-of-the-forsaken-update.203697/#post-2996925

20. Imrahil Augur

Interesting move to have Beta open till 1 day before launch...