Chestplate of the Darkflame click "Frightful Aura" stacking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jamyx, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Jamyx New Member

Just looted the BP from the Mistmoore revamp on my Shadowknight and noticed the "Frightful Aura" buff doesn't stack with the self buff proc line, slot 1.

Tried to dig up the spell slot proc buffs used currently for both, not too familiar with which ones are used and/or stack for Pally's. Figured it'd be fair to include it as well, as the BP is War/Pal/SK.

Slot 1, SK= lifetap proc line "Shroud of the darksworn"
    Pally= melee hit proc "Reverant fury" ,
    Slot 2 SK= lifetap proc line "Grelleth's horror"
    Pally= N/A
    Slot 7 SK= N/A
    Pally= healing proc line "Reinvigorating Steel"

Having never looted a generic proc buff before (previously buffs were class spell-lines ie. Breastplate of Emblazoned Souls , Effect: Black Shroud), is this working as intended?

Thanks for your time.
  2. Insaneox Augur

This is more benefit for Warriors anyway since both Paly and SK have self buffs they put on themselves.
  3. Kelefane Augur

Ive always been annoyed that buffs similar to this have stacking issues with SKs. First it was Pestilence Shock and now this. These lines dont stack with our shroud line. I mean, its no big deal or nothing. Just annoying.
  4. Tobynn Augur

Does not stack with paladin Fury line, or the shadowknight Shroud line, or the warrior Runes line. Working as intended. You cannot stack this clicky with Shroud, just as you cannot stack multiple levels of Shroud buffs. Also, the knight procs are long-duration buffs, while the warrior proc is a short-duration long-refresh discipline. BP is far more useful to a warrior.
  5. Ronak Augur

It is odd a stun/dd proc does not stack with a lifetap proc, regardless.
  6. Poepoepoe Journeyman

This is still awesome for paladins too ... the fury line is only a dd, but the bp click has a stun component, which triggers healing light (group heal) aa. For named fights this is way better than just a dd.
  7. Gnomeland Augur

Yea it's great for warriors and paladins.

SKs got screwed.
  8. Kelefane Augur

I doubt the dev that created it even knew about this.
  9. Roderick Journeyman

I thought it was obvious that this was an upgrade to the old VT/Time proc buff clickys.

It's perfectly fine, and I'm glad they are returning to some of the non-standard spell lines, and stuff we haven't seen upgraded in a while.
  10. krozman Augur

The bigger question here is why a rare item from T2 raids that some (in RoI) save 840 chits for got put on a trash named in the same year the chase loot was implemented.