Warrior Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Zalmonius, Jul 26, 2013.

1. beryon Augur

In a similar vein, can we please please please have the 3-people-must-zone-in requirement removed for running boomerang missions? There's a couple of very useful items for growing wars (rune aug; sword with hate focus, stun proc, hDex/Agi) & other classes, but it's practically impossible to get a mission going if you're not a 3 boxer. It could really use a request timer reduction as well.
  2. Janakin Augur

I already posted this on the new AA thread but also posting it here.

Warriors:

Seems like a common desire from warriors in the warrior chat channels.

We want to be able to duel wield again!

Whirlwind - A passive ability that allows warriors to do massive damage to lower level mobs while duel wielding. (Along the lines of headshot, decapitate and assasination.)

Raid dps while not tanking with a 2H!

Tear Asunder - An activated ability that allows warriors to do considerably more damage while wielding a 2h weapon at the expense of mitigation and avoidance. Lasts 2 mins and refreshes every 5 minutes.
    Zurd likes this.
  3. Wiji Elder

It is my opinion that assassination/headshot/decap are terrible. I'd rather have something that is relevant in current content that mitigates some of our weaknesses. Something like an activatable buff that lets use proc Rampage, Shield Topple, or Cyclonic Blades.
  4. Guttin Fuzzyears Journeyman

Fledgling warrior here so don't flay me because I'm sure this has been suggested before. What about two more AA lines just like ISS? One for DW and one for 2Hs. It seems like a pretty easy way to balance DPS betwen different weapon choices. You are more survivable with a shield, more swing aggro with DW and higher dps but lower swing aggro with 2hs. Seems like common sense to me, but again I'm no experienced vet and this has probably been talked about a lot in the past.
  5. Thaargor New Member

I would like to see the new offensive discipline unlinked from the Final Stand line. It is extremely unlikely to be able to use this offensive disc in raids because of the 4 minute lockout it creates for Final Stand. If a tank has to take over the named in a raid, you need to be able to use the disc right away and not wait for the lockout.
  6. Israfel Elder

I haven't played much EQ at all for nearly 10 years and just recently returned. Additionally, I don't play a warrior.

I'm inspired to make a post here because the friend that originally got me into EQ was a warrior. When I came back to EQ a couple months ago, he followed.

I hate to drag out the nostalgia, but the warrior he plays now seems little like the warrior he played then. In those day, he was versatile. He carried an armory of weapons that would debuff, buff, slow, and snare and depending on the situation, he'd duel wield, hit hard with a two-hander, or even throw on a shield. Lastly, he wasn't just a brick wall--his damage meant something.

Now, when I read this post, I see similar complaints. It seems warriors today are pretty limited. Some people assert that their only job is to absorb damage, but I just don't have that image in my memory.

I hope some changes come to you warriors. I think you should be rewarded for being a less-versatile class than knights. In my mind, that should probably mean you deal significantly more (on-demand) damage, or just have far more melee versatility in general.

Good luck!