Upcoming expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bardy, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Casidia Augur

I have no problem with them taking 40 bucks once a year for new content.
    We can also buy Krono to pay for subs, just by making some plat which isn't that hard if you are active, so the system seems fair to me.

Some people need to get real, you have no right to say things like "i want this and that for my money".
    You have the choice to buy, or to not buy. The End.
    Tegila likes this.
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

An optimist I think.

We have about 30% the number of servers that we did 10 years ago (and lets face it, vulak and trakanon don't even really count), and /who all surveys have consistently shown 1/4 to 1/2 as many people online per server (non anon) peak time as 10 years ago (for example, during PoP there were consistently 60+ level 65 paladins on my old server every evening and over 50 paladins level 1-64 not anon, and people have far less reason to be anon now, that is WAY higher than now for max level versus everyone else).

Obviously, people play less now on average than back then so its apples and oranges (note that around the reported height of sub rates of 550k is when we for a moment peaked at 100k accounts online at one time (when we had like 55 servers or whatever), but they are both fruit, and you can see the trends. I really do think the sub rate is somewhere between 50 and 100k, and the only reason its that high is so because of people boxing their friends' old accounts. But lower wouldn't surprise me. Maybe even 125k wouldn't shock me, but I doubt it.
  3. serverhelper Journeyman

1) In the past, when I paid 40 bucks, I knew what I was buying (it was the whole expansion). Now you don't know what you are buying because of the slow release system. If they want to use the slow release system, that's fine, BUT TELL ME WHAT I'M BUYING FOR MY 40 BUCKS.
    2) Merc AAs are crap, crap and crap. I don't CARE what AAs my mercs have... want to know why? Because my merc AAs should be INNATE AAs. You buy a merc, THAT merc should have ALL the AAs. Merc AAs is such a stupid idea, the person that thought of it should be fired. How are they going to start taking out lines of AAs because they are innate (extended target window) and then add AAs to mercs? Make sense anyone?
    3) WHY isn't there more information out from sony about this release? Increased levels on an expansion sells itself, but on an expansion like this, they should be working overtime to try and sell it, because I'm not interested.
    4) WHY, after 19 expansions does my taunt fail 99% of the time?
  4. Toquillaw Augur

So, they should tell you what is in an expansion but when they do you call it crap crap crap even though many people want those features abd don't think it should be handed out for free.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Buy it if and when you want it, but it really isn't a reason for a tantrum.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Tegila Augur

the expansion isnt even in beta quite yet, youve got a little while left before they announce as many selling points as possible, you cant even preorder it yet so why are you so worried about them trying to talk you into it before you can even buy it ? the announcements at soelive im sure were just the tip of the iceberg
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Viltaire Augur

Anyone ever notice it's the same argument every expansion release? "convince me to buy SOE, because it sucks!" If there isn't a level increase they whine for one. If there is a level increase they say it's a mistake. What I don't understand is if they hate the game so much that all they can do is complain, why bother playing it?

Personally I'm looking forward to most of it. It'll be interesting to see how it will work with T1 being a lateral upgrade to RoF T4, but merc aa's will be nice for people with odd play times and the dungeon system has the chance of being really decent as well.
    Geroblue and Tegila like this.
  7. Gladare Augur

Who doesn't want 2 more shared bank slots?
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. Slasher Augur

What this game needs is more content like LDON dungeons with a cross server LFG system. Sorry I know we all hate the dam thing, but with a 15 year old game it would be better with it.
  9. Pirlo Augur

Elidroth said one time the infrastructure of the game doesn't support cross server groups.

I wonder if Rtugok can work on that during his lunch ...
    /grin
  10. BoomWalker Augur

We can negotiate the price of an expansion? Who knew....

Comparing prices of different products and claiming it is the same thing is laughable. A new car can be negotiated on price. How do you do that for a new expansion?

Oh...fixed price goods...a washer perhaps? Sure...lets use a washer and an expansion. The price difference is a large amount...why would you complain about the price of an expansion? It is so small in price. Good argument....makes a lot of sense...but can't you get a discount on a washer if you ask? Or even shop around for a used or cheaper model? What is the discussion here again? Consumer pricing dynamics? No...this is just a feeble attempt to get off the topic of the next EQ expansion and price related value.
  11. Axxius Augur

They stole Rtugok from us. :( He's on EQN Landmark now.
  12. Tegila Augur

so steal the in-game playerstudio app from them and bring it to EQ :)
  13. Viltaire Augur

I have no problem with the ldon dungeon idea. I don't think EQ supports or has the ability to support cross server lfg, but I kind of liked ldon. Sure it could be bad if you got a pug that didn't know it's from the gorge of king xorbb, but the rest of the time it was fun.
  14. BoomWalker Augur

Maybe that $0.99/month is to allow them to express the same argument every expansion/game update release? The other $14 is to pay for the services...

Raise the price to $15.99 and maybe they will refuse to pay the extra $1 to be able to argue about every new expansion/game update?
  15. Rasuh New Member

Any news about how we will access the beta this time around?
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo give us back our frog !
    Rtugok and Mykaylla like this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The former is why PUGs are so rare anymore. I would not trust any kind of cross server lfg; it can be hard enough to find a competent pick-up group on one's own server let alone on other servers. And any automatic group creation system I would trust even less.
  18. Viltaire Augur

Yup, but this time around we have mercs. Love them or hate them they are better than bad pug players. They also sad they intend to tune the dungeons to two players and two mercs. Instead of trying to do pugs you just technically have to have one friend online. Obviously a full group of real players is more enjoyable, but for the points or whatever system they put in place, it should be easier for everyone to accomplish,
  19. smash Augur

I also doubt it would be put in, as I see some dangers in it.

Lets take example on a group, 2 persons from AB, 2 persons from CT, 2 from FV.

What would happen there, in regards to items, would the FV people suddenly be able to give items to persons from other servers ?
    Would people suddenly be able to server move money ?

Example, lets say I am from FV, I have an extra item, I then give it to a person from CT, and person there give me 1 mil pp.
  20. silku Augur

Except the $15 dollars a month.