Vulaks last legs - merg update please.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mistress, May 14, 2013.

1. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

its just a script they have to run over night to merge the servers.. was written for the last batch of live server merges.. it would take 1 person a single day to merge the servers... the issues arise with CS answering all the petitions after, and that must be the only reason a merge isn't happening. As much as they say they are still in "discussion" over a merge its a mute point. The people ON the server NEED a merge so discuss all you like SoE, we've been telling you what needs to happen for months..
    SnapVine likes this.
  2. SnapVine Augur

Between failing to merge Vulak and banning people for using VMWare, I'm going to avoid spending any money with SOE for a while.
  3. Gring0t New Member

I've cancelled my four accounts as well. I'm tired of SoE ignoring the Vulak problem and stringing us along for months.
  4. Hamshire Augur

5. MabbuFippy Journeyman

They may be focusing their efforts on EQ Next now, but lets fast forward 5 years from now... is this the kind of customer service we can expect once EQ Next isn't the new game on the block?

How they handle the existing issues today is a clear reflection on their ability to provide satisfactory customer service in the future. This is true for any growing business. I for one will not spend a dime on EQ Next if this is the same type of service we can expect from that game in the future.

I'm very concerned about those players still on Vulak. I'm concerned that if and when those players quit they won't ever be returning to the EQ community. This includes EQ Next.
  6. Dexar Elder

I personally can't think of anything so unanimously wanted, desperately needed, easily implemented, and completely ignored.

Merge the servers already. Enough is enough.
  7. Malachi Augur

I'm concerned for all eq subscribers. Five years from now will probably be atleast two expansions into eqnext and probably busy working on a third. Resources for eq and eq2 AND whatever else they may have coming down the pipes at that time are going to be stretched super thin.
    I would love to see a day where everyone on the server organized a boycott and didn't log in at all for a few weeks. See if they notice.
  8. jagarr Augur

this happened years ago with ultima online =(
    once a game gets back burner'd, its on life support until they Earth and Beyond it. see: EQOA

best thing to do is play 'around' the dev team if you can't bring yourself to quit =P i'm sure theyre already stretched VERY thin. EQN is the most hyped thing since Darkfall: Unholy Wars and we all know how that turned out.
  9. Argosh Augur

They do not hear your voices and they will only notice one action. The cancellation of your payments to them. Other than that, good luck to you.
  10. Nitsude Journeyman

Vulak should stay where it is. Keep EOE on its own server, kept away from the rest of the EQ community. If you're stuck on Vulak and aren't in an EOE mindset of destroying servers you can always raid progression on Test.
  11. Empz New Member

That was EoE mentality back in 2011-12. If Dev's are afraid of merging for this reason, I think I speak for the majority of people in EoE that we don't care to really compete. We are a nice family guild now!
  12. Syrian New Member

There's not much reason to pay the extra for gold anymore when your so close to live, yet so far away because of the 90 days between lockouts at this point. you'd think they would want to get everyone excited over eq1 again with the announcement of eqnext. Everyone paying 15$ a month while they wait for their beta invites.
  13. Machen New Member

Plenty of extra reason to pay for gold. There are still a lot of expansions to play through before we hit live, and you won't ever get the experience of raiding them as they were meant to be raided at level 100. Or even through self enforced progression. (Has anyone ever even attempted a self enforced SoF or SoD progression guild?)

Just because our reasons for playing here don't appeal to you doesn't mean they aren't valid reasons.
  14. Amnerys Augur

Just chiming in to let you know that I am still poking around trying to get some news for you on this.
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  15. r32jl32 New Member

Thank you for your efforts Amnerys. The few of us left on Vulak are awaiting the good news that a transfer (or merge) is coming.
  16. Ecos New Member

No friendly "poking", we want blunt force trauma "poking". Be the thorn in their side we can't be!
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  17. Machen New Member

Since Piestro chimed in just before fan faire that they are still talking about it and no decision has been made, I am not sure what there is for Amnerys to discover for us. Still, nice to have a CR person check in here every now and then.
  18. Malachi Augur

Cause no PR is bad PR.
    Maybe there has been a wave of inspiration since SOE live to resolve this ongoing issue.
  19. Vouivre Augur

Careful mentioning this on the boards.

Regardless, even if this happened, unless it lost them money it wouldn't bother them much. If you already paid for a month it doesn't hurt them.
  20. Toquillaw Augur

I find it hilarious as a concept. Would anyone even notice if nobody logged in to Vulak as a protest that nobody is playing on Vulak?

Seriously, how much thought does it take to either merge, or provide a perk of some sort (increased exp gain, increased chance of loot, increased named mob pops, a vote to change the server ruleset to the tradeable items like on FV, or some combination of these or other ideas).

It's not impossible to fix, there just isn't any real interest.
    Dexar likes this.