Luclin flaky

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Malbro Augur

On Luclin, Yesterday and today I've had the working in the background arrow all day and on both days when I logged out it crashed.

Anyone else experience this?
  2. Rogue Augur

Yes this happening to me too, and not on luclin
  3. CRAZO Journeyman

same here and on tunare
  4. Insaneox Augur

Same for me other night after raid. Dropped to Character select and crashed. AB Server
  5. McDougal Augur

Same here. I was wondering if my machine had some kind of problem but everything else seems fine.
  6. Kelefane Augur

I noticed this too on Bristlebane. I logged in and I noticed my "background white desktop arrow" was popping up sporadically as I spawned in the world. It happened for maybe 3 minutes and then stopped. As it was happening, it was a bit laggy. Others are experiencing this too.

I didnt crash though. However, I DID crash as I logged out for the night.

Ive been telling everyone for a while now, that since T3 went live, there is something wrong with EQs client along with the servers. In certain zones, the latency sucks bad. Like the GGH for example. Type /n in game (/n means network) and look under packet loss. There is a SENT and a RCVD (received) under it. SENT is our end and RCVD is SOEs end. RCVD is usually high, over 3%+ at times in the GGH and it usually balloons if you sit in there AFK for a while. Ive heard of people with over 18% RCVD inside of the GGH. Shards Landing, for whatever reason, is the other zone where RCVD tends to get high (especially the instance) - I am not familiar with servers, connections, networks and whatnot. However, I do know when there is an issue and when that issue is not on my end.
  7. Hatsee Augur

My cursor keeps acting 'busy' as well and I can't figure out why, doesn't appear to be anything on my end.
  8. Hiby Journeyman

Yes I have crashed 3 of the 4 last times I loged out.
  9. McDougal Augur

Well my welcome screen didn't pop up when I just logged in and cursor is fine now.
  10. Malbro Augur

There used to be a way to keep the welcome screen from opening, is that still possible and if so, how?
  11. Phrett Augur

Povar has been shaky past two days... time to swap the hamsters.
  12. Quasimojo Elder

The solution mentioned elsewhere on the forum worked for me. Wait for the welcome screen to load completely. Click a link to change the page displayed (try Game Info). Wait for that page to load completely. Close the Welcome Screen. I guess the problem has something to do with the scrolling image control on the first page.
  13. Malbro Augur

I tried this and as stated in another thread, the flickering stopped but t he crashing on log out did not.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I haven't bothered to post about it (because who really cares) but the Welcome screen has been showing the EverQuest website instead of the actual Welcome screen for a while now.

I know of no way to contact the EQ web team or Welcome screen team other than to PM Piestro and I didn't think it was important enough to bother with.
  15. Quasimojo Elder

Ahh, yes, I do still encounter that as well. I have found that sometimes when it takes me out to the character select screen, if I wait a minute before clicking the Quit button, it works fine. I don't know yet if that's all that reproducible, though.