Class specific weapon drops, why?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tnot, Jul 18, 2013.

1. tnot Elder

Only 1 drop at the end of completion... Why? It's not enough to run every Mission in the expansion? You've gotta run these 4 missions 6 times each if you're in a full player group for everyone to get their drop... w/6 hour lockout timers. Lame.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Qualzek Augur

are you kidding 6 per event?..... 1 is perfect... should be challenging if you want to have everything for no effort go play an
  3. Warpiggs Augur

I think 2 drops per mission would be suffice. No more than that though. That's just my opinion.
  4. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

Two would be a great option for a lot of reasons. First it does cut down on the number of missions the average person needs. I also think it would give more people a starting point to do the quests, thus getting more people to do the missions overall.

Another possibility might be to add a 50/50 chance of getting a drop in other RoF missions. Those that need to complete Paragon could get a little extra help along the way if there was a chance at a drop I think.
  5. Kaylord101 Elder

im sure we have plenty of time to get it all done...
  6. Axxius Augur

Just like any other loot. You want 1 for everybody in the group - you run it 6+ times.
    Just how much more easymode do you want it? Do each mission only 1 time and get weapons for the whole group, in addition to all the other loot?

[IMG]
  7. Silv Augur

If HOF2 was actually tuned for group geared toons then yes, maybe one collection item drop would be sufficient. However, that is not the case. I would think that groupers (moreso than raiders) would want the class weapons because of the increase in stats compared to other options.

You could argue that a single drop per mission encourages people to group (for all 6 of them to get it) but really, I think it creates hostility/frustration because there is the 6h lockout.

No, it shouldn't be easy to get the class weapons (actually, it should since they aren't very special), but the current implementation seems a bit silly. Actually, all of the quests in HOF (T4) seem a bit... ridiculous- see the thread about partisan quest #2/3 and mob spawns, or consider the stupidly easy group mission 1 and then the complete opposite with group mission 2.

^To the argument above that 1 per mission is acceptable and correlates to challenge, well, please explain to me how beating a mission 1x, compared to 6x, provides any more difficulty than the first run.

Do I have a solution? No, I won't pretend to think I know what would be appropriate; clearly the devs felt this implementation was balanced :rolleyes: I suppose this also falls in line with the new gearing philosophy of locking specific items to either a named OR mission drop which is supposedly here to stay.
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Dantibus New Member

The problem with a single drop is that once the few who get them first have them, making groups worth getting into these missions with will be like pulling teeth. I know that more drops just quickens this issue tho so I am not sure adding drops would help do anything other then stop people from being required to do these tasks 24+ times instead of 12 or whatever.
  9. tnot Elder

If you could run it 6 times in a row, that'd be great... but you can't... so you've gotta assemble a group of players willing to run the mission, run the mission, & 2 hours later you have a 15-20 percent chance to get what you need.

Whoops you lost the roll! again.. and again... a week later, Woooohooo! Got it! ... 3 more to go! >:O

I only have a few hours to play outside of raid times each week.
    This crap will take forever
  10. Axxius Augur

I do: tune the mini-raid mission appropriately. Bug report already sent about it using the raid version of a certain spell that wipes a group in 15 sec unless carefully avoided. There is a 'lite' version of that spell that's likely supposed to be used in the mission. Fix that, and it won't be so bad.
    Silv likes this.
  11. Axxius Augur

The same thing would happen with any other highly desirable mission loot. Even worse - you would not have a 100% guaranteed drop every run. You would need luck to have it drop AND then win the roll.

Do you seriously think that you should be able to obtain your new best weapon within 24 hr of it being released?
  12. Stubar Augur

A simple solution would be to have a "main" category for the collection pieces with 4 "sub" checks. If you collect 2 out of the 4 you get a flag for the "main" check. People would still have to run the missions, but you wouldn't be tied down to farming all 4 excessively.
  13. Falos Augur

Necros obtained their best weapon within negative 70126.5 hours of tier 4 being released.. the sad thing is that literally is not an exaggeration :(
    Rasputyn and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  14. tnot Elder

Yes, because I already spent 100+ hours running all of the missions, partisan & mercenary tasks.

But at least those I could do partially on my own, and an hour or a half hour at a time. The missions you only had to beat ONCE, & everyone was happy.
  15. Axxius Augur

Here's your new target audience, Elidroth. Good luck pleasing them. :D
    Qualzek and CaRnon like this.
  16. tnot Elder

17. Silv Augur

If it was actually the "new best weapon" then yeah, it should take much more than 24 hours.

Although, the new raids were beaten within 24 hours so why shouldn't we all be able to have our class weapons by then?

Again, if the class weapons were actually a tiny bit special (outside of heroics) then sure, make it hard. Not the case. Additionally, the mission isn't tuned to encourage groupers to do it 6X. Most probably won't win it the first go. Or second. Or who knows... If you have no brain and only read the guides online you are really going to struggle as the phrasing is horrible; given many groupers go to EQ resource as their sole guide, it will be painful.

If it was tuned appropriate, and I agree w/ Ax suggestion above as one way to address it, I wouldn't complain.
  18. Axxius Augur

For most classes it is the new best weapon. The 3 raids drop random 3-6 pieces between them (1-2 each) per week (or maybe it's 3-9; I heard somebody got 3; we got 2+2+1). So the raiders have to acquire the group weapon AND then on top of that wait for their turn to loot the raid drop. Will be at least 1-2 months for most raiders.
  19. tnot Elder

My weapon procs a servant pet... It's going to be such a joy on no-swarm-pet events, and events with stop dps emotes when that little servant just keeps whacking away. They put about as much thought into how to aquire the weapons as they did into making the weapons.

You don't even get an option to choose your heroic stat... I don't need anymore mana.
  20. Minadin Journeyman

I just want a druid scimitar.