Mystery mechanics of Fellowship XP's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nygel, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Nygel New Member

Hey, long time player but for some reason, since the server hack thing I had to change my account info and now it shows me as a new poster ( but that's another story).

I have a question about the mechanics of Fellowship XP for those of you that have experience using it. And yes, I have read and re-read the description at EQLive, Alla's, etc etc....

My current setup is:
    char 1 - lvl 85 - logged on - regular xp on at 100% - fellowship xp sharing on - aaxp off
    char 2 - lvl 86 - logged on - regular xp on at 100% - fellowship xp sharing on - aaxp off
    char 3 - lvl 89 - logged on - regular xp on at 100% - fellowship xp sharing on - aaxp off
    char 4 - lvl 95 - logged OFF - regular xp on at 100% - fellowship xp sharing on - aaxp off

For the past three days, characters 1, 2 and 3 have been grouped and zerging away at several different camps. All three have gained about 2/3 of a level. However, when I log on character 4 to see how he's coming along I see that he's gotten about half a bar of AAXP Vitality and a miniscule, barley visible amount of regular xp vitality.

What I was hoping for was greater progress on the regular xp vitality with little to no progress on aaxp vitality. So, any suggestions on ways to control this aspect of fellowship xp or are the two somehow tied together and unchangeable ?

What happens if I change characters 1, 2 or 3 to aaxp instead of regular xp ? Does it affect the vitality of character 4 in any way ?

Any insight or sharing of personal experience would be much appreciated.....

Thanks guys !
  2. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

Don't pay attention to what the bars say. It is working correctly. How your experience slider is set also has no impact.

The reason it appears in both bars is to show how much you have gained if it were to be applied as regular or AA experience. It is only a representation. It will also deplete from both bars at the same time. Don't worry about this.

The reason the amount shown in the regular experience bar is so low is because it is representative of the amount of experience required to gain 5 levels. Meaning 10% regular exp vitality is enough for 50% of a level. By contrast the AA exp vitality represents experience to max your banked AA, which is a relatively small amount in comparison.

The only significant scenario where experience is being lost from the system is when a character is using some type of experience mod (Lesson of the Devoted, Exp Potions, etc.) while donating experience to a fellowship. This is because sharing takes place before any modifier is applied.
  3. Nygel New Member

Thanks for the reply Kathy. I see now what I overlooked in my many readings of the description on EQLive.
    The experience is shared, equally, between both regular AND aaxp on the logged off characters vitality bank.
    However, I seem to recall it also saying that the vitality bar represented an amount of experience equal to gain 10 levels and not 5. Therefore, 10% of regular vitality xp is equal to 1 whole level..... <?>
  4. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

10 levels is correct unless you are less than that to max level. So for a level 95 gaining vitality it would only be 6, likewise a level 99 would only be 2 levels worth to fill the bar (it counts filling the bar at 100 to 99.99%)

I've played with it a lot because I was worried that I was somehow losing experience somewhere in the system, but that wasn't the case save for a few odd situations with bonus experience mods being the only one worth mentioning.

I mostly just tell people to ignore the bars as it is a terrible way of displaying what is really going on with the actual vitality experience pool. The original method was a lot better where the experience was given directly, it certainly saved a lot of confusion.
  5. Twochords Journeyman

if you want reg xp vitality, max your toons banked aa. Then all vitality goes into reg xp. It is still slow and sucks compared to original version but it is better than wasting it on aa xp vitality since aa come so fast anyways.
  6. Sophia Lorekeeper

Which presumably makes fellowship xp sharing less than useful on FV and Zek?
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

From my understanding how many AAs and xp someone has matter not at all. It all goes to the same pool of experience and the person with the vitality picks where it is going by adjusting AA experience bar.
  8. Daegun Augur

^ what he said
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

When you are gathering the vitality it definitely matters. Because like Kathy said, the regular XP vitality bar will only hold enough for up to 10 levels of XP (less if you are less than 10 levels from the level cap), and the AA XP vitality bar will hold enough to max out your unspent AAs to their current cap (30 or if you are 91+ 50).
    When you spend the vitality however it is distributed based on however you have your experience set. So if you are 55, you could put it all into regular levels or AAs.
  10. Tegila Augur

i still dont konw where all of yo uget taht its for 5 or 10 levels of xp when i could pile on 60% regular vitality on a nalt take them to a zone for a swarm , gain 50-60% of a level but lose all vitality in the process and go back to 0 seems more to me like its 1 level.
  11. Nygel New Member

Wow... < ! >

Well, if what we have been saying is true, and I understand what we have been saying <lol>, then at level 95 with 60% of a vitality bar, you would have somewhere over two and a half levels of regular xp worth of vitality < ? >

You have 5 levels worth in which vitality can be stored.... 100 - 95 = 5
    And if in that situation, 100% full vitality is indeed equal to 5 levels of regular xp, then 50% would be exactly 2 and a half levels of regular xp where each 10% of vitality is equal to roughly 1/2 a level. Sooooooo, at 60% you would have, um......... 3 levels worth of regular xp .....

Dang, I'm smrt !

But, according to you that isn't the case so apparently we are overlooking something ???

Anyone have any thoughts ?
  12. Nenton Augur

Interestingly enough, the problem with Fellowship experience vitality is that it doesn't respect the AA slider which is the exact opposite of what the RoF rewards were doing. If vitality respected the AA slider so it didn't bleed experience out of its leaky valves when you have AA experience off, it might be useful again.

But really, it's been broken since its re-release and other than a response I once got from Eli that he'd ask SKlug, nothing's been said or done about it.
  13. Tegila Augur

jsutsaying explain to me why, if the case truly is 5 levels or 10 levels, and i do keep hearing it, that i did this 3 times in a row with 3 differnet alts at the time all were 95 as was i, where i individually filled their vitalities to 60%, 100% regular on all not that it matters, then brought said alts, 1 at a time to zone, pulled (yes it was quite nice and fast ill give ya that, though filling it to that amount took forever) and 3 minutes later each toon, every time, only went up 50-60%, and were not capped on xp, while their vitality meters fizzled to 0. I'm not arguing about what it is or isnt im asking you WHY did i get that exact scernario 3 times in a row if indeed it is 5-10 levels worth of xp?
  14. Nygel New Member

Discussion over.... It's obviously broken.

Was playing last night, switched over to toon 4 that I
    haven't played sine ROF launch and regular xp vitality
    Still hasn't moved. Ok, no big deal. Switch back over to other
    toon and grind a lesson with 3 box crew. Afterwards
    while logging out, at about 10 seonds left in camp out counter
    I get the yellow text stating that I have recieved vitality experience!!

Tells me that the fellowship vitality system is currently broken.

Sad face : (
  15. Zhran New Member

ive had the experiance lately on 2 diffrent toons, since last patch, aa vitality bar ONLY goes to aa exp and reg vitality bar ONLY goes to reg exp.. so if 50% in reg bar and 0% in aa bar and aa slider is 100% to aa, you drain the reg bar but get NO bonus to aa exp. before patch it would use all the reg bar on aa exp if that was the case.