Noob Questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Forge, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Forge New Member

Hi all,

Me and some friends have decided to revisit our very first MMO from back in the day. We were able to even get our old characters back! Thanks to SOE for keeping them for us!

So I have a few questions after only having logged a few hours since we started playing again.

1. What exactly is a Time Locked Progression Server? I understand that it's older content, but can someone give more detail? Such as, certain game features that might not be available (such as mercenaries)? I'm pretty noob when it comes to this game so I don't know what game features got introduced at what expansion, etc. A more in-depth explanation and/or list of features available on this server would be awesome (Like AA's). Is there such a list?

2. When does the game progress? Is it up to SOE? Or does it auto-unlock as certain bosses die? How does it work?

3. What would you recommend in the long run? We are going to continue to play on our server (Bertox) for now, as I'm sure we still have a lot to re-learn about the game, but in the long run if we decide that we want to stick with this game, what would we get more fun out of - Fippy Darkpaw server or just a regular one?

4. Will Fippy Darkpaw ever catch up to current progress? When and how is this determined?

Thanks so much. I gotta say, I am really enjoying the community here. Such a nice break from other communities (League anyone? Can I get an amen??)

-Forge
  2. Machen New Member

1) Time Locked Progression servers work their way through the expansions. Many features that are in the live game are tied to specific expansions and won't work until you reach that point. We are currently on Prophecy of Ro, with the TSS vote starting shortly. Some of the major features that haven't unlocked yet are mercs, defiant armor, extended target window, fellowships, out of combat regen (although ooc regen should be in shortly with TSS.)

2) Once all raid bosses for an expansion are defeated, there is a 60 day lock, and then the server votes as to whether or not we want to progress. If the vote passes, the next expansion unlocks. If not, a new vote goes up and we repeat until it passes.

3) It's really what you want to do, and what content you want to play through. I will say it's quicker to catch up to max level/aa on the progression servers than it is on live.

4) It depends entirely on how the votes go. Currently we are a little past half way through the expansions. If all the votes pass (and so far only Gates has been voted down, three times before it finally passed) we'll be caught up to live in around two years.
  3. Toquillaw Augur

Things like mercs are still more than a year away.
  4. Forge New Member

Thanks for the info!

Another question: What happens once you are caught up to live? It just becomes a regular server at that point or what?
  5. Machen New Member

With the last progression server, they merged it in with a live server.
  6. Machen New Member

Also if the votes pass, mercs will be in in about 7-8 months, not a year+. Only 3 expansions away after TSS.
  7. Hawklight Yandli Elder

Welcome forge to Fippy, see you in there.