Who does more DPS, Zerk or Monk?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skiidz, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Skiidz New Member

WITH: A bard and Beastlord for box.

Would the monk do more damage, or the zerker?
  2. Velora Journeyman

I assume you're talking about in group content, so my answer is predicated on that assumption. In group content, over a sustained period, my experience is, if the characters are equal AA and gear, a Monk will do more damage than a Berserker (equal skill also being a factor). This holds true with a Bard and Beastlord box.
  3. Skiidz New Member

Is there certain factors about each class that makes this the case? I figured Zerkers would be all about damage. But from what I am reading they aren't parsing close.
  4. Velora Journeyman

For parsing, do you mean on raids or are we still talking group, box, content?
  5. Skiidz New Member

Both!
  6. Velora Journeyman

On raids both classes are very dependent on their adps. berserkers have the misfortune of their burn ending prematurely, which is bad design imo, and many other's opinion. The berserker will beat a monk on a 1 minute burn fight, if all things are equal (adps), and their burn doesn't end early. I am unsure what top monk burn dps is, but I believe I was linked a parse, not too long ago (after SoF release) where a monk burned 140k dps for around 1 minute. I could be wrong, so don't take my word for 100%. I don't play a monk, just have a few friends that are monks. There dps, monks, could be higher for 1 minute burn, and a top guild, but that is just the number I remember. A raid berserker, with a good player behind the wheel, can break 200k dps on a one minute fight, if everything goes right and the mob is stationary. Though berserker peak dps is higher, monk dps is more reliable from what I am told. For raid sustain, monks are better, overall, from what I have been told.

In group content I cannot tell you the specifics, but I know that since SoF hit monks are in a very good place. Between the raid monks and berserkers I group with, the monks always do more damage over an extended period of time. I don't have any parses that I can link immediately, would have to dig through weeks of parses to find, but the monk did several thousand more dps than the berserker did.
  7. Slasher Augur

bst does nothing to help either except for 36s every 20m so that aside the bard helps both.

From my experience a group zerker is capable of 13-16k sustained with a bard and shaman in the group. No clue on a group monk. Just pop a wizard merc it will beat either.
  8. Velora Journeyman

I guess we could count merciless ferocity, though just a buff. From my experience a wizard merc cannot keep up with the dps of a raid monk, period. Though this is assuming the monk is skilled, and doing everything to maximize their dps.
  9. Skiidz New Member

Hmm sad, I really like my zerker. Hopefully they will make changes to them soon as he is only 53 :)
  10. Recnarp Augur

Monks.

Almost two months ago, monks and berserkers joined together to create a reboot of Trading Places.
    Behelit likes this.
  11. Ishtass Augur

For now, I don't expect that to last.
  12. Sinestra Augur

Yeah regardless of who is on top at the moment it will change again soon so choose the one you think is more fun.