Mercs became useless

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by krozman, Nov 28, 2012.

1. krozman Augur

Yesterday I was tanking with my 2 hander on an unslowed mob, never got below 60% on reactive. Today it's slowed with my 1 hander, and i'm dying every 15 minutes. I am fully SS4 raid geared.

the merc is spamming zealous light, and it's only healing 10k , which obviously cannot keep a tank alive.

I'm lvl 96 like most everyone.
  2. Moklianne Augur

Did you level into 96? The merc may be using new spells that you need to block for it to heal effectively.
  3. Oculus Elder

yep mine isnt working either

wouldnt even heal itself when in ooc regen
  4. krozman Augur

Btw i hit 97 and hte same spell now hits me for 20k, not sure if it's a 96 thing.
  5. krozman Augur

still not healing effectively as before though even at 97
  6. Kutsmuffin New Member

People have been bringing this up for days in their patch threads. Why are they still not fixed?
  7. Cicelee Augur

Very very frustrating to see the healer mercs not working properly. A 10k heal doesn't cut it on VoA or RoF content. I guess I don't understand how they can become so utterly terrible by gaining a level. Just keep the same spells from VoA or something on lvl 96 healer mercs. I will say this makes the ability to solo/molo VoA or RoF content that much harder for those who just have a little bit of time to accomplish a lesson burn...
  8. Elegist Elder

We have been looking into this but haven't been able to reproduce the issue. Any additional info you could provide would be useful: In which zone was this happening? Which race of mercenary were you using? Which rank and tier was the mercenary? What buffs did you and your mercenary have on?
  9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I kept my bard (with heal merc) at lvl 95, and my chanter (with heal merc) dinged 96. At level 100, my Ranger has the Tank merc and hes doing fine. when I go back and look at the healing, my lvl 95 heal merc out heals my lvl 96 heal merc by a huge margin. If I did not have that lvl 95 heal merc, I would have died over and over on ROF bosses.
  10. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

Happening here too. Was levelling in Feerrott, normal pulls kept on balanced, when I had 3 or 4 I would switch to reactive and almost died several times when I would have had no issue at 95 yesterday. I have a journeyman V "suit of armour" merc. I had close to a full set of buffs, am not sure what merc had, but was at least VoF, brells and his own buffs. Neither of us had SE or anything like that but I was using a spiritual potion.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

More info would be good. Something else that you might try though and would only take 10 minutes of your time is logging into a live server with a 96 character and merc and giving it a go...or you may already be doing this. Who really knows?
  12. jarsh92 Elder

People that are having this issue might want to do a test copy and hop over to test and see if its the same their. Especially since they are having trouble finding the problem.
  13. krozman Augur

I use Froglok mercs, Tier 5. Two of them in my group, and a BLUE con (to a 97) was destroying me in Sept East at the Kelkos the Beserker camp. Even fully slowed basically every trash mob in sept is now as difficult as most VoA named used to be.
  14. Nesalie Lorekeeper

Using Dark Elf merc, also 96 like everyone here. It seems that Graceful Remedy just doesn't heal for anything. Happened in both Sanctum Somnium and Erillion.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Focus decay on the Merc's gear? best reason I can think of for new spells underperforming old.
  16. Zielo New Member

Still no fix for this? using High elf merc, level 96, in shards landing..... It seems to be every level 96+, in every zone.....
  17. Dre. Altoholic

Try buffblocking it?
  18. Nesalie Lorekeeper

I did, the merc heals better, but it also blocks the entire line, so she won't use the VoA version either. Still better than dying, but less efficient than normal.
  19. clark53 Journeyman

I am having the same problem. Leveled to 96 right off and cannot even take on mobs in Argath or Valley (Tier 1 mobs) . During BETA I was able at lvl 96 take on even the named in Shards Landing with tank merc and healer merc, my ranger and enchanter.
  20. Cindayen Elder

Mercs at level 96 aren't so willing to heal pets....any idea of why? I put her on reactive and balanced and she still only healed once in a while. Shes a Dark Elf merc, its in Beasts domain and any zone. Was fine at 95 now that I leveled and she is 96 its few and very far between for heals. Now that i've de-leveled the 95 merc is healing the 96 pet just fine, the 96 merc isn't working it seems.