Does anyone remember? (bugging me!)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cakvala, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Cakvala Augur

I swear to all that is norrath, back when Shadows of Luclin was released they showed examples of the new models which were just Horses, Humans, and the Kitties. But I swear I saw they had designed a Firiona Vie model.

Does anyone remember this or am I just going crazy? And I am not referring to just using a High Elf Model or the Everquest 2 model they have, it was for Everquest.
  2. Renja New Member

Only FV model I remember was a generic high elf model... Looked like a certain cleric lol
  3. Trajet D'Or Augur

4. Cakvala Augur

Yeah I found the box cover art, but there was a 3D model of Vie.

Aahah found ... well small picture.

[IMG]

What ever happen to that model?
    Sinestra likes this.
  5. Dzarn Developer

Interesting, I had wondered if the Firiona Model had ever been used for something.

I came across the files for her one day while looking at our character model data in the archives. She was hidden in a sub-directory under High Elf Female. As far as we can tell she was never intended to be an in game model was simply made for art like the image you see above. The model doesn't have any animation data defined so her dress and cape would have looked fairly awkward if she used the default High Elf animations.

Here's a render of her in the 'default' animation state...
    [IMG]
  6. Falos Augur

Looks better than anything I've seen in Pandaria, that's for sure.
    Vorthax, Rainbowdash, Ronak and 2 others like this.
  7. Cakvala Augur

Darn that image link is broken Dzarn I cannot see what it looks like (EDIT) I was able to pull it up on my phone for some reason. Work blocks that site you uploaded the image too.

That model is great!

To bad you guys can't rig it again and use it in game, that was the image that sold me on SOL originally. :)
  8. Numiko Augur

I wonder if it was going to be used in some of the un released content from Shadows of Luclin.

I remember one old developer back then saying they had to drop a lot of unfinished content to get that expansion out when it was supposed to .. for example the tower in the background was supposed to be Luclins Tower when was originaly ment to be the final raid zone .. but it never made it into the game.
  9. Rainbowdash Augur

That exact model is actually being used as the Firiona Vie statue you can buy with Loyalty points for your house. Well the mesh is, you can tell just by the shape of the body parts etc (the hands and feet are very distinctively "Luclin") It's even easier to see if you look at the statue and then compare it to that box art image side by side. The texture was replaced with a stone texture though and it is, obviously, stuck in a pose and not animated. The npc model itself is not in the game files however. I'd guess it's tucked away in a SoE vault somewhere.

WHY, if you still have it, are you using generic high elf females to represent Firiona Vie? :( Put that model back in game! =D
    Stac and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Sinestra Augur

You should find a way to put her in the game. It makes no sense at all that the EQ mascot is not really in EQ in her actual form. She always looks like a normal average high elf. It would be like playing Tron and the ads always show this....

[IMG]

but in the game we see this...

[IMG]

Complete with Moose Knuckle. Enough is enough.
  11. Rainbowdash Augur

[IMG]
  12. Sinestra Augur

Try unseeing that mess!
  13. Rainbowdash Augur

[IMG]

Hot. All in favor of it going in next patch?
    *raises hand*
    Stac and Sinestra like this.
  14. Sinestra Augur

Well she looks great from the neck down, but from the neck up she looks like Nicholas Cage in a ponytail.
    Renja likes this.
  15. Cakvala Augur

Don't all High Elf Females look like that?
    Sinestra likes this.
  16. Sinestra Augur

Yes, but not all of them feature her 5 o'clock shadow.
  17. Rainbowdash Augur

That's just an actual shadow :p

But omg it really does look like him not that you mention it. Wonder if she speaks in monotone too.

Regardless, with a body like that....I'm ok with this.
  18. Renja New Member

I actually remember seeing this on the Luclin box now. Thought to myself "wow the new luclin character models are going to be fab!" and then we all remember how they looked when they first came out... lol
    Sinestra likes this.
  19. CaRnon Augur

She was a NPC in the Tower of Discord (Staises (spelling?) event) where you had to click open the stauses containers to release certain npcs at certain times in a certain order back in the SoD expansion.. think it was the 3rd main raid of The Tower of Discord instance zone.
  20. Rainbowdash Augur

Stasis

And yeah it was the 3rd event. Mindblight - Trophy - Stasis. She's been in the game far more times than that as well:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=Firiona Vie#Mobs

Not to mention innumerable GM/Temporary events over the years. The point, though, is she is always a generic female high elf. Nothing special about her. Just blonde ponytail hair style and stark naked. Yet this model has existed since Luclin, tucked away in an SoE Vault with (apparently) no animations. :(

Hot model too, if I may reiterate my previously stated opinion on such matters.