Top 5 AA grinders?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beezelbub, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Beezelbub Elder

My thoughts
    zerk & decap
    ranger & head shot
    rogue & assn
    necros & badassness
    bard & charm kiting

Your thoughts? Did i miss someone if so who and why and how.
  2. 7thNecro Elder

All depends when you stop for the AA, but a few additions:
    Sk for swarming
    Druid - same as bard

Some require more build up to be effective than others (swarming+gear etc)
  3. Shang Augur

Anyone that's bored and has a lot of time.
    Rouan likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

if your good, berzerkers cant even dream of being as good as charm kiting bards. They do 3-5 dark blues per minute.

Of couse thats under optimal conditions (like the proper camps and such)
  5. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

At level 100, a good wizard.
  6. Beezelbub Elder

I hear bards are great at farming aa and yet hear they can easily find themselves a spot in guilds with a low amount of aa's which leads me to understand while they can farm aa very well they are less dependent on those aa's? Making them to an extent less rewarding? hmm
  7. Gragas Augur

Decap for aa's? Must have missed that one. Dark blues can not be decapped.
    I would think mages and their pets as well?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. silku Augur

Enchanters are decent as well with reverse charming. In the ideal areas you can kill almost as fast as a bard (faster if you want to take risks and set up several buzz saws)
  9. Xirtket Augur

Necros are very good xp grinders, once kiting and you have a bunch of mobs on you, they die off as you pick up new ones, constant xp.
  10. Karhar Dream Crusher

I support this message...
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Zerk at bottom, if that, Ranger at top, Rogue and Necro probably about tied. Bard somewhere above Zerker. I honestly doubt that Decap has been working correctly long enough for many Zerker's to really have the whole thing down for crazy good AAs; so there are likely some other classes who can AA just as well or better.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Whereabout would a good wiz at 100 get good xp at? im only 95 but im curious.
  13. Elricvonclief Augur

Mages beam kiting has been crazy good I"m told. Not sure how it'd fit into the rankings, as the best are always worried about the nerf bat...
  14. Songsa Augur

Rogues were good when assasinate was useful. Now when u take 5% AA per green mob almost everyone can do better xp/hour solo. We gain more AA with a good group now easily.
  15. Nylrem Augur

Depends on your definition of "top"...

I have a bard, have charm kited a fair bit through his lifetime, and very quickly tire of it. I would much rather pull constant mobs in a tough zone, with a good group, for slightly less xp, any day of the week.

I would guess that kind of inane xp grinding on any class, using their particular abilities, would be weary and tedious very quickly to me.

For solo xp, I very much enjoy the xp rate when playing my magician killing db to yellow mobs 1-2 at a time. It isn't near as much as I can accomplish when charm kiting on a bard, but I definitely enjoy it a good deal better.
  16. Trajet D'Or Augur

Evantil.
  17. Notinterested Augur

Only one mention of sk? They are the fastest aa grinders easily. I have heard people claim ranger is faster but I play both and its definitely sk.
  18. Moklianne Augur

SK swarming depends on your combined gear and AA's, where as Ranger HSing depends on your bow and AA's alone. To the under geared, Rangers are probably much easier/faster.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Why do players believe that magicians can beam kite? We cannot snare, cannot root, cannot do anything to slow down the run speed of mobs. And we have to face mobs in order for the beam to land. Which means we have to be able to outrun mobs, stop, turn around, cast beam, then turn around again and start running away. And with the speed of mobs, I do not see how that is feasible in current expansion content. Unless these magicians are doing some sort of exploit like wizards were doing back in the day, in which case they should be banned and I would lose much respect for them as players...
  20. JERUS Augur

Aye I'm curious what legitimate methods are being used to solo beam kite.

Not sure if lagging out a zone is necessarily a banable offense but that's the only way I could think it would be possible.