The FTE conundrum

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Slik, Mar 6, 2024.

1. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Not really, you assume it is up to player preference to determine...and well it is not...lol

DBG invested into the codebase to implement FTE and they did so to reduce CS tickets every year at a TLP launch and it is very clear that it worked. Whether we like it or not DBG does and we have heard that from J Chan not biased players like myself.

I openly admit I support FTE. but me liking it is not why it exist...lol

I also think the FTE Server would get more players over the long haul all other issues being equal.

in the same way that True box does better when launched with a non true box.

I do not care for true box but understood why it was created as well, the difference is boxxers have figured out how to get around true box. So the option does not work as intended. Oakwynd proved it.
    mercury890 and Shalom like this.
  2. Mashef Augur

It reduced tickets because most of the TLP player base opted out of Oakwynd.

Oakwynd proved that FTE is broken and they have done nothing to fix it. So much for your bit about how much they sunk into making it in the first place...they really slapped some code together in one or two days and threw it out there and never touched it as an experiment, that wasn't well received.
    mercury890 likes this.
  3. dentalplan lisa needs braces

As someone who was highly skeptical of FTE at the beginning, the way its currently implemented on Oakwynd works really well and I hope it's adopted on future TLPs. Just the fact that it's all but eliminated training is reason enough to keep it.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Oakwynd proved True Box does not stop boxers or bot armies at all....lol

Again whether we like FTE or not DBG does as stated by JChan. The video is out there look it up and listen for yourself.

Oakwynd needed a couple of tuning twinks and they could still make the unlock happen on spawn rather than 4 seconds after the mob spawns to make it even better, but everyone I have spoken with on Oakwynd think it was great and the most drama free server yet. And not one person on the server has told me the hate FTE...probably because those they claim to hate it are not playing in the environment it creates.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I hate to break to all y'all that are anti-FTE, but it's here to stay and I would be VERY surprised if it wasn't on all TLP servers moving forward.
    Shalom likes this.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Actually Oakwynd is just the latest True Box server to prove that. It's never stopped the bot armies.
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  7. Zansobar Augur

I agree. I was totally against FTE at the start, now I'm in the middle. I know it reduces some bad things like training, but that also reduces the danger in EQ which is what separates EQ from other games. However, it doesn't matter what I think, DPG has already stated they think FTE was a success and achieved what they wanted and due to that I would be absolutely shocked if DPG didn't implement it as the base for every server that comes out from here on. Once they fix the remaining bugs with it, it will then be rolled out to all existing servers since DPG believes this will lower their costs due to CS complaints.
    Shalom likes this.
  8. Shalom Quillmane Bane

That's how you want it to work. They stated their reason for FTE was to reduce CS tickets. They then have confirmed that its working as intended. Therefore they will put it on the server that will draw the bigger crowd. I would say that's pretty logical compared to the alternative of putting FTE on a low population / low drama server eh?

Also people who are saying FTE is ruining EverQuest are probably toxic people who get a thrill out of stealing a mob right out from under someone else. It's nice to see them frustrated for once, now you see how we feel eh? Keep at it Darkpaw!
  9. Azzlann Elder

You are putting the cart before the horse. They release the rules, and then we choose where to play. I am saying that if FTE is in the rules of one and not the other. More people will play on non FTE.
    mercury890 likes this.
  10. Muramx Augur

I disliked FTE when I heard about it, but now I like it. Like someone else said Oakwynd that s by far the least I toxic TLP I have ever been on.

FTE didn't kill Oakwynd. The plat dupe the server never recovered from (1 spider silk for 500p right now) and how badly they messed up the exp bonus which was a huge part of the ruleset. That is what hurt Oakwynd.

I feel like anti FTE are jumping st made they can't steamroll over people. They always do se "DPS race" over KSing, or pretend that's how it's always been when in fact it wasn't that way until people found out RB didn't care about a pnp.
    MaestroM likes this.
  11. Shalom Quillmane Bane

I have a legit question for all of you FTE haters. Put yourself in this non-FTE scenario:

You wake up early logged out at your favorite camp. It's empty. You take it. It's good xp. Good loot. You're there for over an hour and plan to stay for another few hours.

Then some shmuck-bag that can do more DPS than you comes along, doesn't say a word and just takes the camp from under you. Remember, you hate FTE. So what do you do? In your head how do you feel, honestly. You're ok with this, its fair? You leave the camp and say congrats you beat me?

I'm sorry I always hated that about EQ and FTE fixes that. Anyone who says they are ok with the above scenario is a liar. The problem is the above scenario does NOT happen to you. YOU'RE the DPS shmuck-bag that made your character just so you can steal mobs.

You see the problem that FTE fixes now?
  12. Azzlann Elder

That has happened to me 100 times, I just dont carry it with me and want the game demolished because of it. There are days the I have logged in a got nothing done because of other people, or my own stupidity. Everquest can be really frustrating sometimes and hardly ever fair. It doesn't need to be this far reaching to ease some of that pain though.
    mercury890 likes this.
  13. Shalom Quillmane Bane

I carry it with me
    MaestroM likes this.
  14. SnapVine Augur

Trick question. Nothing can be killed on an FTE server because all mobs are un-attackable by the person they are aggro on and the game is completely unplayable. also I would never log into an FTE server because I can't train there. /s
  15. Basak Augur

They already said FTE is on TLP going forward like Truebox, there may be a server in the future where there is no FTE like they had the one without Truebox, but not likely this year.
    Shalom likes this.
  16. Shalom Quillmane Bane

Agreed, they'll make a non FTE server for the vocal minority
    Ddezul likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No, FTE doesn't fix it, it is just changes the issue. I'm not killing PHs for someone to take the named. IF anyone wants to hang around in the camp I'm at they are welcome to it. I won't get in a DPS race with them and I'm not killing PHs if they can beat me to the named and use FTE against me.

I prefer to wait until PHs have spawned not kill any and go somewhere else, where I am not wasting my time. That is the beauty of Mischief there are more camps that can drop any item I want/need.

NO doubt your the jerk that steals named from camps because you use cheats to make sure you get the FTE on you instead of the person clearing PHs.
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Where?
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  19. Ddezul Augur

You gotta understand who the folks are making those arguments.

They want a new server for reasons man. FTE won't allow a lot of what they wanna do.
  20. Shalom Quillmane Bane

Wow this response truly has me baffled. You hate FTE but if someone contests you for FTE or DPS race you just leave. Why would you care either way if FTE was enabled or not? In both scenarios you just leave the camp, what does it matter at that point.

Also, you're right it doesnt "FIX" it but it makes it 100x better for sure. I have had 6 box mage groups loose to my single necromancer. Thats a win for the people and you're poo-pooing it?