Personas and Rallos Zek earring

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nican7, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Nican7 New Member

Can the Rallos Zek Earring quest be repeated for personas? Is there a way to exchange the earring for a different class?
    If not is something in the works?

This is a rather important topic since the earring makes such a difference.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Iuwene Augur

Currently it can't be done, as the higher levels of the earring are archetype specific. You could share a druid earring with a cleric or shammy persona, but not with a melee or caster.
    The same problem exists for the NoS cloak and the LS necklace.

I hope DBG will find a solution for this problem as it devalues personas considerably.
    Nican7 likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-alternate-personas
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think they said they would hope to do something about that in the future, but cannot promise.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It would be nice to be able to change the archype of all the evolving items and a few quest items. I think there is already some items that can be changed, so there should be code for it.
  6. Razorfall Augur

They should be able to add a button like the the transformable weapon augs that can switch between the items pretty easily using the reward window.

I think they were really short-staffed for this expansion. I'm actually surprised it came out as well as it did.
  7. Alnitak Augur

I doubt DPG will do anything about RZ earring as it is outdated with LS expansion. Just as they did nothing about prolonging the life of
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=131464

Upgrade RZ earring to the current gear and move on.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You must play pure melee or priest. Spell damage classes will hang on to these items as long as it means proc damage and in the case of Ranger or Beastlord, 4 slots are also needed Accuracy augs on top of that. There is no type 7/8 aug you can insert into a regular piece of gear that will replace that damage. Therefore, you are downgrading into any persona that isn't pure melee or priest without that ear.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Alnitak Augur

3 slots in the cloak, 3 slots in the neck. RZ Accolyte augs are superseeded by Accolyte Memory lost augs, and as I understand RZ Devotee augs will be replaced by Devotee Memory Lost augs. So it is still just 4 Type 18/19 Accuracy augs and 6 slots to insert those into without RZ ear.
    RZ earring is outdated now.
  10. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Negative. Again, you're being too narrow-minded, and as stated above, you must play a pure melee or priest class. There's more than 3 augs per expansion available that many classes would want to use. For example, knights will want enhancement, fortification, accuracy, ventral (1 total), and so on.
  11. Alnitak Augur

Please, do tell.
    Can you list 9 type 18/19 augs a knight may want to use, and see if augs listed 7 though 9 justify a use of
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=164479
    instead of
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=171916
    ?
  12. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

1. RZA Enhance
    2. RZD Enhance
    3. RZD Fort
    4. SelA Enhance
    5. RZD Fort
    6. SelD Fort
    7. LLA Enhance
    8. LLA Fort
    9. LLA Dorsal
    And that's just what I have on my new paladin, and includes no accuracy augs, or the new LLD augs since raids aren't active yet. Come to think of it I should pick up TBL gloves or something.
  13. Alnitak Augur

1+4+7 combined is a tradeoff +102 AC for -2581 HP and -2810 M/E if you go with RZ ear vs LS ear.
    AC-deprived tanks may go for it, all other classes would be better off with LS ear.
    And how many tank personas you may want for the same character? Hence RZ earring may last another expansion for tanks and is outdated for all other classes. So there is no need for DPG to do anything about that.
  14. Nican7 New Member

For casters a RZ earring/cloak/neck typically has around 400 spell power with augs. An LS earring has around 180 ish Spell power.

How is that not a massive downgrade?

Or am I missing something?

And this is not limited to the earring, the same issue applies to cloak and neck.

Until this is fixed personas are simply not viable unless they share the same class group as the main.

I would hope this is a top priority for DPG.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

By "spell power", I assume you mean "spell damage" stat?

I thought SD effect was minimal at best. Does an additional 220 SD (the difference you reference above) really make that much of a difference?
  16. Nican7 New Member

The bigger issue by far is that you have access to -zero- type 18/19 augs on your persona. No earring. No cloak. No necklace. Unless you do a persona in the same class group as your main, which will often be pointless as it defeats the purpose.
  17. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

so considering ya took the cloak from velious and made it into an aug many many years later and they did the same with erons pop ear and the other one and made it into an aug i will always save the ts stuff for the future
  18. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

cestra and rallos may be made into a super aug like the artisans prize in the future tbh
  19. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

You're missing like 70-80 heroics in all stats there.

But I forgot, you don't really know the game all that well, so heroics aren't important. Right?
  20. Soulbanshee Augur

This is what I calculated Rallos Ear to be for casters, with 3 proc augs because those should be used not the stat augs. I'm also comparing stats without slot 5 or 8 so it's an even comparison. 1 h-Sta = 15 HP, 1 h-Int = 20 mana.
    Code:
    Tier Item Name                            AC  HP    Mana  hSta hInt SD  HP + Sta Mana + Int
    T1   Trinket of the Fanatic               506 15067 15326 40   37   125 15667    16066
    T1   Suffering                            506 15065 15106 39   42   125 15650    15946
    T1   Unrelenting Bijou of Hope            506 15085 15097 37   39   107 15640    15877
    T2   Brilliant Earring of Eternal Reverie 518 16169 16023 36   41   129 16709    16843
    T2   Vigorous Earring of Eternal Reverie  518 16155 16407 44   39   128 16815    17187
    T2   Adroit Earring of Eternal Reverie    518 16176 16405 40   38   127 16776    17165
    ToV  Endowed Convoker's Earring of RZ     355 12040 12040 52   52   122 12820    13080