Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A lot of zones don't have a "safe spot" and doing it at a zone line would prevent what people seem to want is to use one class to get to a camp and switch back to your persona.
  2. theonepercent Augur

So you're just speculating and stating your opinions as facts again?
    Buds and Skuz like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what I can say to convince you given the devs have not made any statements about it yet.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Your first response stated there will be a limited set of zones where someone can switch. Outside of Bazaar, POK, POT, Guild Hall/Lobby... can you list the zones where you can switch? Because the moment you said limited, I am sure that raised a lot of eyebrows.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Randomized Augur

How are you able to convince anyone of anything when your claims are just as...useless ('for lack of a better term) as everyone else's since no one has any information about it?

Your stance could be just as probable and anyone else's. Almost everyone (or everyone?) has an aggro drop AA right? So what's not to say I can't get a double invis (don't even need a Bard for this), and run through a zone, collect a train, amd drop AA, swap to mage, CotH group, change back and go about my day?

Or even switch to mage before I get anywhere near to my zone to bypass "limited zone restriction" and do what I just stated?

People have and will continue to bypass things one wag or another. With or without personas
    Buds and code-zero like this.
  6. theonepercent Augur

You just said you don't have inside info from the devs. Where are you getting the idea that it's going to be limited to certain zones?
    Buds and WeCameWeConquered like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is information about how the system works that has been released to some just not in a public post by the devs.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said that and not sure where you are getting that. All I have said is the devs have not made any public posts about it.
  9. WeCameWeConquered Elder

If they are going to limit switching to certain zones, just do us all a favor and abandon the feature now.
    Faydark_Alt, Barton, Iuwene and 4 others like this.
  10. Angahran Augur

Where are you getting this info?
    Nennius and Sissruukk like this.
  11. Angahran Augur

You said it here:

12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From communications with the CRC members.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

So, that means (a) CRC member(s) are breaking NDA?
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

NDA's can have holes in them.
  15. CdeezNotes Augur

The more I hear about this, the more awful it sounds. What's the point of something that can't be used in all zones? Just make an alt and box it with your main. Done.
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

True, but being a law-abiding citizen, I tend to err on the side of caution and try not to do anything in the "gray" area. This definitely sounds like a "gray" area scenario.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No, it means they have shared data and said it was okay for us to share it as well. Just because they do not publicly share something doesn't mean that they haven't given CRC members permission to talk about it.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

So I am going to help you communicate clearly, since you seem to struggle.

Waring, you are saying that, as per your current CRC knowledge, the swapping of personas is planned to be limited to certain zones or areas in certain zones?
    Barton likes this.
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I do not see them making it switchable on the fly because it would yield too many fun options and adds complexity. The whole switch to anything you want whenever you want is too powerful but if it was limited in a manner similar to spell casting/discs...it would add another cool element to the game where your choices can affect an outcome and those choices are expanded.

Being able to switch classes without having to create an entire separate character is neat but after 25 years...people made alts, they can switch already. It makes the persona thing way less exciting if they fully intend stamping out switches that allow making use of unique class ability combinations.
  20. Iuwene Augur

If switching is in deed going to be limited to certain zones, you can just scrap the whole half baked project and assign the dev capacity to other more useful stuff, e.g. *gasp* maybe fixing bugs.
    No one is going to use APs with such a restriction.
    Buds, Metanis, looffy and 4 others like this.