Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

You may as well introduce a multi-class system at that point.
  2. fransisco Augur

Other games like FFXIV require that. Otherwise you basically play all classes at once. You can switch between them casting whatever spell/ability you like mid fight. imagine a mage who switches to necro to cast a list of dots, then goes back to mage and blasts away.
  3. code-zero Augur

Considering the announcement says
    I see no possibility of there being cool down or even being out of combat.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because they say you can do something quicker doesn't mean that there won't be an OOC timer restriction on it.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Well Klanderso said that is the way it is working atm.

klanderso — 10/20/2023 10:55 AM
    at the moment, it's intended to only be able to create/switch personas
    when you're out of combat and have a fast regen timer.
    Randomized, Skuz and Sissruukk like this.
  6. code-zero Augur

It'd make the feature a lot more useful if it were though. 30 second to leave the game and a brief reentry time will be enough I think
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not being able to switch in combat is going to prevent a lot of things they don't want to happen.
    Skuz and Barton like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea if you could actually do switch in combat i would probably play my wiz again since she's really good on burst dps but thats it. Been retired to the baz since Cotf (Got tired of being summoned so fell in love with my ranger) so yea its been awhile even though shes 120 with ok group gear (gotta have max luck).
    Barton likes this.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

Ya in combat would lead to some abuse I would imagine heheh
  10. Buds Augur

You can't limit zones, that would counter the whole point of this. Like I said earlier, you would have to run from camp, change personas, then run back to camp, then back again etc.. Why not just camp an alt there and be done with it?
    Barton and Skuz like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is the purpose of limiting the zones so you can't run to camp as a rogue using hide/sneak to get around dangers and swap back to your normal class to kill things.

Just because you have to do it from a limited set of zones doesn't mean it isn't serving the desired purpose.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Having to change zones to swap sounds like a dumb extra step to me.

Having to wait for OOC to swap makes 100% sense.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Barton like this.
  13. Meeko Developer(Code)

This already happens.

If anyone wants to keep up on what's happening in Discord, their search is excellent. They don't allow searching by role, but searches can be done for an individual's user's messages. Pick the dev and time period you're after and it'll show all their messages: "from: devmeeko during: week"
    Metanis likes this.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

Oh, I must have missed the part in there where it mentioned AP being worked on (even if it referenced as a secret project). Raids being built. Whatever Aristo/Pip did during the year, prior to Beta opening.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that it's normal or required for a company to do this. I'm suggesting as a way to mend fences by Darkpaw due to the content being cut from expacs, as well as years of speculated and confirmed favoritism, and the myriad of other issues plaguing the company.

Again, I enjoyed my time in the EQ discord, including the times when we helped DW get a bot to prevent the racist spam during Aradune's launch issues, I tested the "mustard" filter, the "learn" meme, etc - but then I was unwelcomed as previously noted.

Which again, goes back to the fences I spoke of, because there is zero transparency on even this simple issue.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

All your posts are in #pets-of-norrath :p
  16. jeskola pheerie

Alternate Personas is a cash grab for XP pots and serves no real purpose beyond that and pissing off rogues and mages
    CdeezNotes likes this.
  17. Randomized Augur

But things like this already exist with PL'd FTP toons used for summoning the main character/group.

They did say it's just faster than switching to an alt. The only thing I can really see them limiting it to is once you're inside instanced content (missions / raids / HAs), without first leaving that zone.

Like okay! Everyone, old school strat! 50 SK's Harm Touch, 3 Clerics and 1 Paladin heal/cure away! Cool, boss dead in 30 seconds, everyone switch back your mains and get your phat lewtz!
    Buds and strongbus like this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

Your last post made next to no sense so I only quoted that part.

[IMG]
  19. strongbus Augur

sk or wizard doing mana burn? lol
  20. ForumBoss Augur

If the persona system is faster than switching to an alt, that implies < 30s cooldown. This of course assumes you have a fellowship campfire or guild banner where you're trying to get to for equivalence. I'm not sure why so many of you want to water this down to basically an alt alias system to share the name.
    code-zero and Zunnoab like this.